The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Share | 

Of enemies and insults...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mizhara

PostSubject: Of enemies and insults...   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:20 pm

She calmly slit the throat of the human who had happened to get between her and her destination, after having spent some time taking out her anger on him. There wasn't much left, but she lopped off his ears out of habit, stuffing them in the pouch on her belt. A light snack for later. For now, she was too annoyed to enjoy it. Five encounters relating to that woman so far, most in person. First the tracker that was inept enough to make herself known, then tracked back to the source. A fun enough encounter with the Sorrow Guard, revealing enough of their plans for her to make sure she'd stay out of their reach unless she chose the time and place. Then the meeting with the self-titled Mistress of Shadows herself, resulting in pretty much nothing.

Mizhara growled to herself, going through the encounters in her mind a few times more. Analyzing the words and the gestures over and over again. What had been unsaid? What had been said subtly? What should have been said that never got spoken? It didn't matter now. She kept up the grim smile as she made it to her destination. One of her myriad of safehouses around Azeroth and beyond. Still... safe or not, you couldn't be too sure. She silently entered the utterly dark rooms, senses extended as far as she could get them while she spent a quarter of an hour silently searching it for any sign of intrusion. None.

A few minutes later and she had her gear laid out on a table, performing her daily maintenance on it. Metal to sharpen, then dull with soot. Leather to be oiled and rubbed until all creaking and sound is gone. Again the meetings played through in her mind. How many times now? She'd spoken to her of her fears for the Forsaken. She'd explained her actions before, during and after the trial. The Marauders were no longer of much use for her. For now. Ragethunder was useful enough, and too dangerous to let too far out of her sight. She couldn't trust the apothecaries, not after Wrathgate.

That left the Thorns. Whatever else they were, they were deadly and skilled at what they do. But paranoid. Far too paranoid.

Or maybe simply holding grudges.

She made a grimace of distaste as she finished oiling her blade, sitting crosslegged in a corner to meditate as the day passed outside. Snake? Untrustworthy? She'd been the only one to ever stay true to her word, even to her damn enemies! Some principles needed to stay unbroken. Some things needed to remain true, or nothing would matter. Not even the Forsaken. Bah, she'd had enough. She could take the hostility, animosity and fear. She'd earned them all. The insult of being named untrustworthy and snake? That was a few steps too far.

Very well. If the Mistress of Shadows was so hellbent on making an enemy out of Mizhara... then perhaps the Mistress of Blades would have to respond in kind.

Only time would tell.
Back to top Go down
Virenna

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:22 am

(This'd mean you're back, I take it? Smile )
Back to top Go down
Mizhara

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am

( For now. )
Back to top Go down
Virenna

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:25 am

Some nice calculated evil back in the world, then. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:40 pm

In our defence, Wrathgate was not us. It was a bunch of completely unrelated Apothecaries led by my friend and Mentor whom I mourned for greatly, before laying him to rest in a position where he would be raised should a signifigant amount of power be sent through his body.

Also, the Deathstalkers are as much to blame!

Joiiinnn usss....

Skeleton in the closet.
Back to top Go down
Mizhara

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:06 pm

( Heh, sorry. Miz hasn't trusted the Apothecaries since day one. She dislikes magic in general, and is quite uncomfortable with demonic magics and such since it's a field all too close to necromancy which was the cause of her affliction in the first place. She'll take the poisons they provide for her and her fellow deathstalkers, but that's pretty much it. And she has few problems with applying them to the one delivering it. )
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:30 am

(Oh don't worry, I understand, I just like messing with Rpers. And who said we used demonic magics? *Shifty eyes* Oooonly Alchamy. I for one have a loathing for Demons, they did after all job me up.)

Skeleton in the closet.
Back to top Go down
Virenna

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:27 am

Alchemy that turns you into an oozing blob of glue. Go figure. Anyway, nice story. Good to have some more dark writing about the place)
Back to top Go down
Mizhara

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Again... more attacks. She seethed as she wandered Undercity, eyeing the shadows and gritting her teeth. A few nods from her fellow Deathstalkers came her way, but most saw how angry she'd become and stayed out of her way. The hell were they thinking? Attacking a Deathstalker in Tirisfal Glades? Snarling, she wandered down to the dungeons and eyed the imprisoned humans, feeling the desire to enter a cage and just rip one to pieces with her bare hands. She caught the nervous glance from the junior apothecary who was trying some experiment or other and decided against it.

Instead, she wandered to the tiny hole in the wall where she'd usually curl in and rest. No way to approach it unseen. Not even the Thorns could attack her there. Not with that many Deathstalkers around to defend one of their own. She mulled on the situation for a bit. She'd watched Anethrax and the mysterious reappearance of Deadex wearing Cultist robes. Following them silently, she'd listened in to a conversation about impending doom, cataclysms and destruction. Then... she'd been attacked, repeatedly. Narrowly avoiding having her skull caved in by clubs, she'd retreated to Brill after some chases by the Thorns.

And the gall of her... Anethrax... claiming no hostility. No orders to attack. Nothing. She'd said that before and look what that resulted in. Attacking a Deathstalker in Tirisfal Glades! Her hands tightened on her daggers, a low growl escaping her lips. Should have reported it. Deathstalkers being assaulted by Thorns in the Forsaken's own homelands. Some loyalty to the Forsaken, there. How many times had they seen eachother now? How many times had Mizhara had to defend or escape attacks by the Thorns or Anethrax' daughter? She'd lost count. The question is, why? She'd caught up to Anethrax and tried to get an answer... all she got was more repetition. 'Oh, I didn't order it. The Thorns aren't hostile.'

Yeah... the bruise from the glancing blow to her skull was probably just an act of love. And for what? When had Mizhara made a hostile move towards the Thorns? When had she bared her blades and assaulted a Thorn? She couldn't even remember. Probably way back when she worked for the Marauders, defending against Thorn attacks then too. Arli... that was it. She'd worked him over a bit, after the attacks on Marauders, trying to get some information.

Perhaps she should do the same again. Damn those Thorns. The Forsaken needed them. Why do they have to attack Deathstalkers? It'd be almost impossible to salvage soon. No... she can't attack them. It'd just force the authorities to take action, if she had to kill a Thorn in self-defense.

Then again... they're forcing it.

Attacking a Deathstalker in Tirisfal Glades... then claiming no hostility.
How much was she supposed to accept before she returned the favor and bared her own blades?
Back to top Go down
Deadex

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Deadex walked slowly from Brill with his former leader, Anethrax of the Vile Thorn. He had much to discuss with her, as well as catching up on things. It was good to see his friend again, after so long a time away. She hadn't seemed to change much, not like himself... much had changed for this old master.

As they strolled, Deadex noticed an unnatural sway of the mist, something most people wouldn't spot, but this old dog had worked with shadows long enough to discern a stalker. And not an expert either, such a foolish mistake: not accouting for the mist.

He points this out to Anethrax who comfirms it isn't a Thorn. So, someone was spying, how very 'last year' that was. Oh well, looks like some things hadn't changed at all. All he could do was point out that this information was not a secret, all would know it soon. But the Thorns never liked being spied upon, he knew that and sure enough Anethrax had people close and instinctualy they made to subdue the spy.

Deadex tried to ignore the goings on, scuffles amongst the trees, this was just another distraction, and for the sake of the Undercity, he could not allow himself to be distracted ever again. Well, not until he had found out what Umbriss was planning.
Back to top Go down
Mizhara

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:16 pm

(( Using the raid group mechanic to spot someone half a zone away is not exactly an IC mechanic, now is it? ))
Back to top Go down
arli

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:18 pm

(( I wasn't in the raid group, Miz, but I did target and emote a sap on you. ))
Back to top Go down
Mizhara

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 pm

(( I meant Deadex, spotting me from a ridiculous distance. You and Flesh did exactly what you should or could. ))
Back to top Go down
Deadex

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 pm

((I'm sorry Miz, but if you was dumb enough not to leave the raid when you wanted to spy, then you have to take the consequences, i.e. being spotted, as I said, by making a foolish error in 'not accounting for the mist' - you was quite happy using the raid to find Ane and Me though wasnt you? Although you will probably deny that. And another note, how is it that as a rogue you know you can sap almost anyone, not as if there is a great amount of resistance to it in game, but when someone tries to sap you, somehow they miss, everytime - I was playing Deadex, I saw you, end of))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of enemies and insults...   

Back to top Go down

Of enemies and insults...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1