The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

[Raiding] What can I expect from...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karinia
Karinia

[Raiding] What can I expect from... Empty
PostSubject: [Raiding] What can I expect from...   [Raiding] What can I expect from... EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:26 am

These aren't guides to bosses, more a brief overview. I'm personally not a fan of guides, mostly because every boss fight can change depending on your raid setup but mostly the people behind the computer. Some people will struggle with things so you have to adapt the strategy to suit their needs.

And sometimes you don't stand in the fire.

I'll update as my guild, Sanctuary of Dreams, progresses further through and as my boredom increases.

BWD

Omnitron Defence System (Gear Requirement - If you can do heroics, you -can- do this. It's about avoiding)

-This fight is all about 'avoiding' damage. While some abilities will cause some damage, on the whole they can be avoided.
-Despite there being 4 golems, you will fight 2 at the same time, which 2 though chanegs throughout the fight.
-Each golem, when activated, will have an energy bar that will slowly decrease. At 50% the golem will put up a shield and a new one will activate. At 0% the golem shuts down.
-All shields from golems cause heavy aoe damage to the raid when hit. You must swap dps.

Magmatron - Marks up a raid member and soon after will shoot a line of fire towards them. All other raiders should move out of the path. Debuff can be 'Immunitied' out.

Arcanotron - Has an interuptable spell. It's still cast when the shield is up, but it's shield is the weakest of the lot.

Toxitron - Hardest Special. Spawns 3 adds that head towards a target. They must die before they reach said target.

Electron - A 'living bomb' type aoe. Simply spread out.
Back to top Go down
Karinia
Karinia

[Raiding] What can I expect from... Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Raiding] What can I expect from...   [Raiding] What can I expect from... EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

BWD

Magmaw (Gear Requirement - Slightly above Omnitron)

-There is no enrage timer to this but you will want some strong aoe dps from ranged, as 1 (2 in 25 man) forms of aoe slow (Hunter/Shaman).
-The boss doesn't move. Have the entire raid stack up to his side while the tank is on the front. You need at least 1 person for ranged.
-He will target the ranged for Flame Pillar throughtout the fight (use Boss Mods). The person needs to run to the other side of the room and everyone at ranged attacks the parasites that spawn. If they hit reach you, it's bad. This is the main dps requirement.
-After the 2nd Pillar and 1st from then on, he will burn half the room (shown by smoke, run) then consume your tank.
-At this stage, you need two (3 in 25) people to jump upon him. It is very to accidentally jump, this is bad and can annoy your Raid Leader. The two or three need to use their new chain ability on the spike infront of Magmaw.
-If executed correctly, Magmaw will be stunned and his head exposed, which takes an additional 100% damage. This lasts for 30 seconds before he's back up and ready for Flame Pillar.
-Rinse and repeat.

Maloriak (Slightly more challenging on the gear, you will want mostly heroic gear here)

-Maloriak is a fight with alot going on and sounds complicated when you read about it but in actual fact it isn't that hard. It requires two tanks, one for the boss and one for the adds, at least two interupts and one offensive dispel. Having a warlock use their Felpuppy will simplify the fight by removing the need for a dispeller to swap targets.
-He has two castable spell, one (Arcane Storm) needs to always be interupted. The second (Release Subjects) needs to be interupted occasionally.
-When he gets through Release Subjects, 3 will appear and need to be tanked. You want him to release 9 before stopping all others before you kill the first 9 (see below).

-Throughout the fight Maloriak will throw in coloured vials to his couldron. The first will either be red or blue, the second the other colour and the third 3rd before he repeats. You need him at 25% after the 2nd green to beat the enrage.
-Blue - Spread out. Melee must move away from other melee when debuffed. Ice Blocks placed on people must be destroyed and the targets healed.
-Red - Huddle up at his face. Heavy DoT placed on people and fire damage on the entire raid.
-Green - He leaps to the stairs and debuffs the entire room, adds and himself, causing them to take 100% extra damage. This is the only time you dps the adds. Any more than 9 adds will kill your tank without kiting and any less means you will need to kill 12 the next time round. Keep Maloriak in the aoe zone but move him out before it ends.
-If the adds don't die, they will regain their buff to nearby mobs, including Maloriak. This will quickly kill your tank so move him away.

-Once you go through the second green phase, having killed all 18 adds overal, get ready for 25%.
-At 25% he phase shifts. He now shoots fire infront of him and poisons the entire raid regulary. He also creates orbs that loat towards people.
-At the start of the phase he will summon two 'Prime Subjects'. They need to be picked up very quickly, after a few seconds they focus on their aggo target and won't stop til he/she is dead.

To deal with interupting adds, we use this order:

No Vial - Interupt
First '1st Vial' - Interupt
Second '1st Vial' - Ignore
First '2nd Vial' - Ignore
Second '2nd Vial' - Ignore
Green Vial - Interupt (Important)
No Vial - Interupt
First '1st Vial' - Interupt
Second '1st Vial' - Ignore
First '2nd Vial' - Ignore
Second '2nd Vial' - Ignore