The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Dusk's Shadows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eirdra
Eirdra

Dusk's Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Dusk's Shadows   Dusk's Shadows EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

Night was clawing her way into the world, forcing the mild winter sun into submission. But before the goddess of life lay down her claim to the land she whispered her love across sea. An iridescent dance of light and dark skipped over the waves, as though the water spirits were worshiping the last of the sun’s beauty and rejoicing in her last breath. From the shore it appeared the sea was sparkling and all the magic of Azeroth shied in its comparison, the land hiding away in the night’s shadows to cover its jealousy. Even the moon sighed in awe of this celebration, gently smiling at its splendour and perfection. But as the moon gazed, a haunting dark blemish surfaced, causing the sea around it to shiver in fear. The light that had played so carefree was swallowed by the darkness, its joy drained at the sight of this of this shadow. Only the moon’s curiosity illuminated the waters now, but the light was sullen and cold. It offered no comfort to the sea or to its unfortunate guest.

I could feel my last moments fade as the sea cradled my fragile body. Her kisses were bitter and stung my wounds. At first I believed it was misguided kindness but soon realised they were filled with spite and hate. My blood tainted the water surrounding me, scarring the face of the beautiful sunset that now slipped away in disgust. How dare I bring so much ugliness? Who is this child that thinks that the sea would be her salvation, that the sea would not be sickened by her form? A deep and dark hole would be a more fitting resting place, a place that would hide this body from the world, from innocent eyes. But I did not have time to think, no time to contemplate what I deserved... only to escape the pain, the never ending pain.

The pain.

The pain.

The never ending pain.

So I ran.

My bones were broken, but I ran none the less. It was only then that I realised where they had taken me. The stench of dead fish and moss clung to my throat causing me to choke. So, they took me far out of the city to the Wetlands... the perfect dumping ground for the unwanted. Would I be classed as another officer missing on the call of duty? A hero who fought bravely for the Alliance? Yes, that would be the spin, the charming lie they’d tell. But a fallen hero needs to be dead to start with and there was no way that they would let me leave here alive. I tried to call out for help but it twisted into a blood curdling scream. They had broken my jaw and it now hung in my skin. It was at that point I began to panic. It rose up from my centre and pulse through my veins, my heart pounding so hard I felt my ribcage shatter. All I could see was marsh land spread out before me and it called to me, welcoming me to a shallow watery grave. I longed for its embrace but knew if I stopped they would find me and they would not bless me with death yet. I had to keep running no matter what. I wiped the blood and tears from my face and drove forward towards the road hoping to find a kind soul who would give me refuge. I wasn’t thinking straight, all my training had escaped me in my terror. Stupid girl with her head in her books never prepared for the reality of it all. It’s clear now my blood painted on the road guided the way for my captors. It wasn’t long until they found my small broken frame curled up on the bridge to the Arathi Highlands. The exhaustion had taken over and I could not even cry in fear.

“ Well well, little lassie, thought you could get away from us did you?”
A greasy smirk spread across the face of the dwarf, his small eyes ablaze buried in his thick sweaty flesh. Two other men stood before me, smiling at my living corpse. This was the first time I had seen their faces, but I knew their voices and sickly smell all too well.

Enjoy the outdoors whilst you can brat, as this is the last time you will see it...alive”
sneered the smaller of the two men. His face was thin and twisted as though he had dried up in the sun too long. I felt myself heaving at the sound of his voice and I begun to shake uncontrollably. Although he just stood there I could feel his sharp bony fingers wrap around my throat and his hot breath on my face. I wouldn’t go back, I could not let them have me. I had breathed in as hard as I could, knowing this was likely to be my final one. The air burnt my lungs but I wouldn’t let it go until I was ready. I slowly hauled my body up, scrapping my bloody fingers on the stones beside me. The men began to laugh, hysterical in my presence. Wiping a tear from his eye the dwarf pulled himself together and gave me a frozen stare.

Now lassie, I think it’s time don’t you?”
There it was, this was it. It was time. With the last breath I held so dearly onto I threw my crushed body over the edge of the bridge. At that moment I felt pure freedom for the first time, no fear, no anger, and no sadness. I offered myself entirely to the waters below, I would only take her judgement now. My body was not theirs to toy with, my life not theirs to take. As I fell I looked up at the sun and thought of my father.

The collision with the water must have knocked me out as I did not remember the impact. From such a great height I was convinced the blow would take my life as payment. But here I lay, on the surface of the water with the moon peering down at me. I was glad the sea had filled with shadows as it hid the blood that dripped from my body and in the darkness, from a distance I was sure I looked like the young maiden I used to be. I hoped the moon looked upon me as saw a sleeping child instead of a tortured flesh. Maybe now I had earned my peace, maybe now I could sleep forever. The sea’s kisses stopping hurting, even she started to feel pity for this wretched soul. I let my eyes close once again and listened to the sea’s gentle lullaby to the shore.

From head to toe I felt a great white light fill my body which swelled inside of me. As I tried to open my eyes they were dazzled by the radiance before them. Everything shone so bright I was sure the world would burst. I then heard a soft rhythmic sound, a pulse, a beat so gentle I knew not to fear it. As my mind became clearer I was filled with wonderment, for I recognised the sound as wings beating. I had finally reached the end of my journey. My eyes began to come adjusted to the surroundings and I saw the faint silhouette of an angel. My story had ended and I could forever exist in light and peace. I reached out towards the angel, desperately seeking her warmth. But there was no warmth, no light, and no peace.

Welcome child, I am Agatha”.

Back to top Go down
Eirdra
Eirdra

Dusk's Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk's Shadows   Dusk's Shadows EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

(( I've had this sitting on the Vile Thorn forum for a while and thought it'd be an idea to finally post it here.))
Back to top Go down

Dusk's Shadows
Page 1 of 1