The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Share | 

An unexpected ally

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerrond

PostSubject: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:07 pm

(( This is the first time I wrote a story, so I'm an inexperienced writer. I know it's a little short, but it's a start. Please, do comment. ^^ ))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sun was high in the sky, the morning nearing its end in the Arathi Highlands. Gerrond was riding his tiger towards the Alliance camp, Refuge Pointe. Lost in his thoughts, his tiger ran forward. He had just received a report of three rogues sighted near Refuge Pointe. ‘I wonder what Thorns are doing out there..’ he thought to himself, and sighed. ‘Or maybe they’re just renegade Horde rogues..’. He rode on as he kept thinking about the identity of the rogues. Then, suddenly, he heard some loud noises a bit further away from his position. Snapping out of his thoughts, he made his mount stop to listen to the noises. He glanced around, and suddenly saw what was happening. A young Sin’dorei female was fighting a group of Syndicate bandits, and it didn’t look well for her. Gerrond stood still, and thought for a moment. ‘Maybe she’s a Horde soldier, here to attack Refuge Pointe as well.. but maybe she’s not, maybe she needs help.. and they are bandits, after all’. He decided to try and help the blood elf, then see what she was up to. He got off his tiger and ran towards the group, drawing his sword. The blood elven female paid no heed to him. Together, they managed to kill three of the five bandits, and chase the other two off. Once the battle was over, Gerrond inspected the Sin’dorei. As his eyes glanced over her, he discovered a nasty wound on her leg. He looked her in the eyes, and they both remained silent. Since he didn’t speak a single word of Thalassian, he had no idea what to say. After a few moments of silence, he took a bandage from his bags and offered it to the elf. She took it without saying a word, and applied it to her wound. When she was done, she looked up to him. He was surprised as she spoke in Common and said: ‘Thank you.’ He replied with ‘You’re welcome..’ After another short silence, he asked ‘What happened?’ She looked at him, and told him what happened.
Back to top Go down
Lianai

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Lianai looks around her, they seem to be everywhere. Five Syndicate bandits, ready to slice her throat. “stay calm.. You can do this..” she desperately mutters. She narrows her eyes, and looks at them one by one. They laugh, with their filthy human faces. Perhaps they would do more as only slice her throat.. “ I need to get out of here.. “. Swiftly she draws her sword, and charges into the weakest looking human. Immediately the other four step behind her, and she feels a dagger on her throat. “Why hey there misseh.. It ain't polite to greet us like that. Why are ye here?” Even though her common is decent, she decides to play stupid and stares at them with a confused look. “Ah… The elf is stupid. Well boys, looks like we’re gonna have some fun here.” Lianai bites her lip, holding her sword tight, ready to use it. She feels how the cold metal touches her throat, and tries not to move. The human holding her loosens his grip, and attempts to “throw” her to one of his buddies. She swiftly turns around, and holds her sword against his chest. She grins nervously and stabs him, feeling how the other Syndicate are nailed to the ground from surprise but recovering rather fast. She turns from one to another, swiftly grabbing her sword back, and starts fighting with the others. Of course she can’t win against four of them, her training has not yet been completed and she is weak. But all off the sudden see sees how they drop dead, and she sees two of them running away. Not realizing what happened, covered in blood, a dagger stabbed in her leg, she notices another human, though he looks friendly, long red hair, heavy armour and wielding a strong looking weapon. Nailed on the ground from pain and slight surprise, she realizes he is the cause for the Syndicate dropping dead and running away. She stares at him, and he stares at her. She pulls the dagger out of her leg, suppressing a groan. The human grabbed his bag and took out some bandages, throwing them at her with a smile. She manages to move again, now feeling more of the pain in her leg. Gently she applied it on her wounds, and looks up at the human. “Thank you.” He looks rather surprised at her, not expecting her to speak Common. Recovered from this surprise, he smiles at her. “You are welcome. Now tell me, what happened?”
Back to top Go down
arli

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

(( Very nice, both stories, love it when you get both perspectives - look forward to more ))
Back to top Go down
Gellana

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:56 pm

((Gerrond im glad you decided to put this up, yay! Nice work on both sides, please keep adding so I can follow the story.))
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:32 pm

((nice to see you posting at last Ger, very nice look forward to more))
Back to top Go down
Gerrond

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 pm

‘They attacked me. I don’t know why.’ She sat down, groaning a little bit. ‘She’s still suffering from the wound’, he thought. ‘Are you okay? Do you need a potion?’ he asked her, but she refused. He sat down as well, and they started talking. They introduced themselves, and it seemed her name was Lianai, and she was also a warrior. Gerrond thought: ‘A Sin’dorei warrior… strange..’ but he didn’t ask her the origin of her trade. She told him she had just started her training, but that she didn’t have a real trainer. Gerrond wondered whether she was a bloodthirsty warmonger or someone who fought for a better cause. His curiosity made him ask her, and to his surprise, she replied with: ‘I hate Horde.’ This made him even more curious, so he asked her what she was planning to do. ‘I don’t know’, she said, ‘but I have my duty to the Horde. I will fight the Alliance if I have to.’ It was silent for a few minutes. He wondered whether it may have been a mistake to help her in the first place, but then he realized that she was unlikely to go out there to deliberately kill Alliance soldiers or citizens. He was slightly impressed by her fearless attitude, as she clearly stated that she didn’t fear any Alliance. They kept talking a bit, but eventually, Lianai stood up and said: ‘It is time for me to go. It was nice to meet you.’ Gerrond stood up as well, and replied with: ‘Indeed. Maybe we will meet again.’ After a short bow, they both mounted, ready to each head their own way again. He was ready to leave, but suddenly spotted Lianai battling a raptor. ‘That’s not a good idea,’ he thought to himself, ‘not with her leg wounded like that.’ He took out a gun, and shot the raptor with a careful aim. ‘Fighting with your leg wounded may not be such a good idea..’ he said to her. Seeming slightly ashamed, she answered: ‘I must look stupid now…’ Gerrond shook his head. Then, surprisingly, she asked him a strange question. ‘Maybe we can meet again here tomorrow? Same place, same time?’ Curious as to why she wanted to meet him again, he agreed. Then, she got on her hawkstrider and assured him she’d get to safety while riding it. He nodded, and mounted again. His mount started running, and he went back to Alliance lands.
Back to top Go down
Lens

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 am

(( I'm definitely pleasantly surprised to see Gerrond's writing here... I'd write too but I'm still afraid of my English... So.. Keep going, I'm as others looking forward to follow stories of mighty warrior who I know IC... ))

Alas
Back to top Go down
Lianai

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:23 pm

“Stupid spiders..” Lianai is trying to get rid of the spiders around her, they seem to be surrounding the place where she would meet the human again. All day she had been waiting, she was not sure how late he would come, and slowly she was losing her faith in it. Perhaps he was hold up, or he did not feel like meeting a Sin’dorei again. When all the spiders were dead, she moved the out of the way and sat down. While staring over the hills, looking for a figure on a tiger, she thinks about yesterday. She would have been dead if he did not show up to help her, she lives thanks to him. Why did he not kill her, like other Alliance would have done? Before she could answer herself, she saw a shade flying on a beautiful hippogryph, one she has never seen before. Not thinking about any possible danger she stands up and waves, the shade becoming more clear and she recognizes the red haired human face. Gently he lands, hops from his hippogryph and tells it to fly up until he calls for it again. “Hello, I see you are here.” He says, just as surprised as herself they both showed up. “You came, I did not expect that.” She feels her common Is rusty, is has been a while since she visited her mentor. He smiles, even though his mouth is covered by the heavy plate mask, his eyes are shining. “May I ask you a thing?” he asks, his voice is low, almost stunning. “Of course, what do you want to know?”
They talk for a bit, about being a warrior. Lianai has always been very curious, and ofcourse wants to know how Gerrond ended up as a warrior. He replied rather mysterious, and Lianai tried to make him feel more comfortable by telling her a little of her own story. Her father is a warrior, he was one of the first Sin’dorei that choose for that path. He trained himself, and became a strong and mighty man. When his wife, Carina, got pregnant, she got ill, and died when she gave birth to Lianai. In her father’s eyes, she should have never been born. However, he stood his ground, and decided to raise Lianai as he was supposed to do. She would become a strong warrior of the Horde, represent Silvermoon City. Ofcourse, she would train herself, just like her father did. And that is how she ended up a warrior. “I am sorry to hear, but I am convinced you will become a good warrior.” Suddenly she stands up, wiping the sad look on her face away and draws her blade. “Will you train me now?” she grins. Gerrond raises an eyebrow. “Are you joking?” She shakes her head, and charges into a spider. With a concerned look Gerrond does the same, and with ease he takes out the spider. Lianai looks up at him, and grins wickedly. “No, I am not serious. Now, what can you learn me?”
He shows her some tricks, laughs how she tries to swirl her sword around her, and it is a huge disaster. After about an hour of training she coughs, clearly had enough for now. “Thank you once again, friend. I owe you.” He smiles again, “That’s no problem. I believe you should stop now, your wound.” She looks at her leg, and sees how It bleeds a bit again. “Oh, it will be fine. I had my rest yesterday, and your potion worked fine. However, I need to leave now. My father is waiting for me.. If he finds out.. You know.” He looks at the wound, nodding gently. “Alright. However.. I don’t know how you can contact me again. I am not familiar with eh.. This kind of contacts.” She thinks for a moment, not sure what to do. “Maybe we can meet again in two days or something?” He nods again, smiling a little. “That would be great.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected ally   

Back to top Go down

An unexpected ally
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1