The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

The final stage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gibbzy
Gibbzy

The final stage? Empty
PostSubject: The final stage?   The final stage? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:21 am

Something seemed different. Gibbzy could feel it. His mind was becoming somewhat clearer. That taint in his body, in the rune carved into his chest, was beginning to dissipate. Gibbzy couldn't help but feel warmer inside. Happier. More free. Yet, for all the clarity in his mind, something seemed odd about his surroundings. He recognised where he was, Leov's house in Ironforge. But Leov wasn't there. He decided to venture out of the house and quickly stumbled across another, more disturbing, fact. Where were all the guards? Where were the bankers? The auctioneers? Where was everyone?

"It's about time you came back Anduin." The voice was startling at first, yet familiar. A tall, slender Night Elf woman was slowly and calmly walking towards him, a typical Druidic hood covering her face, as it so often did. "I was beginning to wonder if you were avoiding a deep enough sleep for me to bring you back." Leak gave a small, distinctive chuckle.

"You know me better than that Leak." The response was short and rather snappy from Gibbzy. He didn't like being pulled back into the Emerald Dream. During his healing he had started to become sick of the sight of this place. The healing was proving to be effective, yet Gibbzy hadn't been under threat in such a long time, he wasn't sure exactly how effective the treatment actually was. "Is this not over yet? I've been feeling a lot better. What makes you so sure that all of the taint isn't gone already?" A flash of orange came from the darkness under the hood. This had always unnerved Gibbzy.

"Are you questioning MY judgement Anduin?" Gibbzy was used to these sorts of responses from Leak. After all, it was only roughly a month ago that Leak's, seemingly permanent, feral state began to subside. Gibbzy suspected that not everything had calmed down just yet. He decided to avoid answering the question, and move on.

"Well, you brought me here. When are we getting started?"

"Impatient as always Anduin. Walk with me." Leak began to walk towards the entrance of Ironforge. Gibbzy quickly caught up and walked beside her. After having walked just a few paces, Gibbzy caught the fresh smell of the outside world. Snow always seemed fresh around Dun Morogh, not that Gibbzy minded at all. He enjoyed the sound the snow made as his boots crushed it. Just after passing the gates, Leak took a sharp left and began heading towards the cliff edge, and the graveyard. "Look at the graves Anduin. See any names you might recognise?" Gibbzy scanned the names of all the graves, not that there were very many there.

"No. No, none. Should I recognise any of them?" Leak merely nodded slightly and began to walk away, muttering a few words Gibbzy could not make out. He began to lift his foot to walk as a root burst out of the ground, constricting his leg and planting it firmly on the floor. A second root emerged from the ground, wrapping itself around his other leg. Gibbzy yelled out in panic, but Leak kept walking. "Leak! Where the fuck are you going?!" This sudden outburst caused Leak to stop, turn around and make her way back to him. "Are these roots of your doing Leak?! What are you doing?" She merely stood, watching him struggle.

" You know, struggling only makes the grip tighter Anduin." Leak pulled her hood down, to Gibbzy's horror. This wasn't Leak. Before him stood another female figure. Before him stood Ishsah. Gibbzy was just about to struggle when he saw the real Leak stood a few yards behind Ishsah. Her hood was down, revealing a wry smile on her lips. She nodded and began to channel a spell of nature's wrath. Gibbzy thought he understood, and began channeling his own fiery incantation.

"Now!" Leak yelled, fiering the ball of pure nature from her hands. Gibbzy released his fireball at precisely the same time. The two spells struck Ishsah at the same time, forcing a howl of pain from her. Ishsah's form suddenly went black and began to change form. What was supposed to be a nightmare form of Ishsah lying before Gibbzy, was in fact a nightmare horror, or "Corrupted One".

"That, wasn't Ishsah?" Gibbzy was busy burning away the roots from around he legs.

"Don't be silly Anduin. Ishsah cannot get to you in here. This was a challenge I set for you. Needless to say you've passed with flying colors. You are almost cured it would seem" Leak smiled warmly at Gibbzy, something Gibbzy had rarely seen from the Elf recently.

The two sat, talking for a while. It had been some time since they had the time just to talk to one another. Gibbzy explained all of his own recent events, of which there were few, while Leak explained some of her recent doings as well as what the final stage of healing would involve.

"And you're sure this is the final stage? Because I've had enough of being dragged in here as often as I have."

Leak laughed at Gibbzy's remark. "It should be, yes. It's all coming to an end."

Gibbzy's smile quickly faded. "Leak? Is it possible for someone to have followed me in here?"

Leak frowned slightly. "No one else can get in here without help Anduin. Why do you ask?"

Gibbzy's eyes darkened, the regular initial sign of a possession occuring, of which Leak had rarely witnessed first hand. His voice had changed. Ishsah had taken a ride in Gibbzy's mind into the Emerald Dream. "The boy creates his own nightmares. Good thing to see I am still one of them." The demon cast a small spell on his host before grinning and slowly backing off of the cliff, falling gently onto the snowy mountain side. He yelled back up at Leak, "Don't worry! I'll take good care of my little investment!" And with that, Gibbzy turned and ran off down the mountain.

"Perfect." Leak said to herself. "Let the final healing stage begin." Leak transformed into her bird form, and took off at full speed after Gibbzy, a familiar orange gleam deep in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gibbzy
Gibbzy

The final stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final stage?   The final stage? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:14 am

Despite the persistent dull green glow of the Emerald Dream, the sun shone at its brightest. The snow all around Dun Morogh glistened in the light. Leak didn't like this. It was hard enough seeing the buildings from the reflections of the sun in the snow, nevermind a human. Yet, Leak's hunt continued. She had only been flying for ten minutes or so but was already becoming increasingly frustrated. Another five minutes passed without the search coming up with anything useful. This only frustrated Leak all the more. She landed just outside of Kharanos, turned into a cat and faded into the shadows to continue the search on foot.

Gibbzy was still running. Ishsah was pushing his body to the limit. Gibbzy could feel Ishsah's presence in his mind but felt completely useless to act upon it. Having realised he wasn't going to be able to force the demon out of his mind, he took to keeping a low profile, allowing Ishsah almost free reign over his mind. So far, Ishsah had only made Gibbzy run, but where to? To Gibbzy, the direction looked like Ishsah was heading towards the connecting tunnels to Loch Modan. He imagined it would be just to get as far away from Leak as possible. After all, fighting against a Druid inside the Emerald Dream was a rather foolish thing to do, Ishsah was highly aware of this.

A few more minutes of running passed and Gibbzy's suspicions were right. Ishsah had led him straight towards the tunnels connecting the two Dwarven lands. Gibbzy caught a very faint glimpse of something that made his heart skip a beat. Gibbzy began to panic, he knew where the demon was leading him. Unfortunately, this momentary panic allowed Ishsah to catch on that Gibbzy still held a section of his own mind. The demon laughed darkly inside his head as it spoke. "So, the healing IS going well after all." Gibbzy was unable to respond, not willing to risk spending any unnecessary energy at all. He knew what they were heading towards and it terrified him greatly. The demon's laughter grew stronger as he forced Gibbzy to run faster. Gibbzy allowed one single, solitary thought.

"Leak. Help me."

Leak didn't want to risk being spotted early by the demon, as such she stayed hidden in the shadows. Thanks to all the snow around Dun Morogh, her movement was slightly impaired as she tried to keep the noise she made to a minimum. This frustrated Leak further, her eyes flashing a deep Orange. Still, the search continued.

Leak had just about reached the Steelgrill Supply Depot when something caught her attention. It was Gibbzy. She could hear him, his plea for help. She came out of the shadows and remained motionless, staring at the floor. Suddenly, her ears pricked up. She had found him, now just to reach him. She dashed towards a nearby hill and leapt off of its peak, transforming into a bird before hitting the floor and took off at full speed towards Loch Modan. She had only flown for 500 yards or so when she spotted exactly what had made Gibbzy so scared. The sight also made Leak slightly nervous. Just past the mountains in Loch Modan were clouds. Dull, grey, gloomy clouds.

"Now this wasn't part of the healing..." Leak sped up, hoping to reach Gibbzy in time.
Back to top Go down
Gibbzy
Gibbzy

The final stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final stage?   The final stage? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Leak replayed her teachings from Malfurion over and over in her head as she flew towards the mountains. Although she had been in similar situations often of late, it had never been of this urgency. Besides, it's always nice to refresh on such things. The speed of Leak's flight was astonishing. She looked down briefly at the snowy lands passing by below. She was in luck, footprints. Leak flew closer to the ground so the prints could be seen more clearly. Due to the usual deserted nature of the Dream, she felt confident that these footprints belonged to Gibbzy. She scanned forward, looking at how far the footprints had gone and where they were heading. Leak's heart sank slightly as she reached a fork in the road. The prints had turned towards the North Gate Pass, one of the passages into Loch Modan. Although going through the tunnels may have been quicker, Leak decided to keep an element of surprise and head over the mountains themselves. Upon reaching the peak of a mountain, she beheld a sight that confirmed her fears.

Still holding a portion of his mind, Gibbzy could feel his body weaken with every step it took. The run had been vigorous, he wasn't cut out for running at that speed for that long. Ishsah began to slow his running down as they neared a tunnel, a large sign overhead reading 'North Gate Pass'. Having been down this way several times in his life, the initial sight of the pass without its guards concerned Gibbzy somewhat. It didn't take him long to remember where he actually was. It was clear Ishsah was feeling no negative effect of the run. The demon had barely stopped laughing all the way there. Only now, entering the passage did the laughter finally subside. Ishsah made sure to keep Gibbzy in a steady jog down the passage. It seemed the demon was eager to get him into Loch Modan. The dimly torchlit passage seemed longer than Gibbzy remembered, but he dismissed it, thinking of it as nothing more than a reaction to his body being drained of energy. However, it wasn't the tunnel itself that worried him. It was what was waiting on the other side.

Gibbzy continued further down the passage when suddenly, the faint smell of fresh air began to reach him. He swallowed hard but remained composed. Composed, until he actually got outside. There it was. The clouds hung overhead a mere 200 yards away. Gibbzy looked down from the clouds to the area they covered. Everything was dead. All the trees, the bushes, the grass. All of it lay limp. Brown. Lifeless. Along with the desolated area's were the mutated forms of the unfortunate souls that had been caught by the Emerald Nightmare. Gibbzy's panic got worse much to the delight of Ishsah. The demon's sadistic laughter started again.

"Look at what is before you now boy. Behold, the Emerald Nightmare."

Leak had sat on top of the mountain briefly. Her swift flight had certaintly taken it out of her. She looked down at the wrecked state of the plant life in Loch Modan as well as all of the mutated life forms that had become trapped in the nightmare.

"Ana'duna thera." With this simple statement, Leak took to the air again and steadily headed down towards the ground.

Ishsah had allowed Gibbzy to gaze upon the Emerald Nightmare for some time now. The demon continued to talk to him through his own mind. "Look at them all Anduin. All of these souls are trapped here. Stuck as a constant effect of the Emerald Dream. There is a name for such beings you know. They are called the Unwaking. But, there is something you must learn Anduin. In the land of Ny'alotha, there is only sleep....in the sleeping city of Ny'alotha, walk only mad things. You alone are to blame for the fate that awaits you now. You are soon to join them. Listen carefully." Ishsah briefly forced Gibbzy's eyes shut to enhance the sound. Gibbzy can begin to make out a very faint screaming. "You hear it don't you? Listen again. Can you make it out? The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence, until now. They can feel, as you can too. You near death Anduin. You will be reunited with them all sooner than you might have hoped."

Ishsah slowly and calmly walked Gibbzy closer to the Emerald Nightmare. The Unwaking were moving ever closer to him. Gibbzy tried to force Ishsah out of his mind, but was too terrified to do so effectively. Ishsah merely cackled at the attempt. Gibbzy let out a deep breath, attempting to calm himself down. It felt hopeless. Leak had failed him. Ishsah was soon to claim another one of the Knights. A single tear rolled down Gibbzy's cheek. He began to speak calmly. "You havn't a clue do you? For every one that you kill, Herald, the Knights only gain in their unified strength against you. They will see to your end. As you have seen to so many of ours. You WILL die, Ishsah." Gibbzy opened his eyes, beholding the Emerald Nightmare drawing ever closer. Time seemed to slow down. His mind raced through all of the people he had met as a Knight. He saw them all in his mind. All of their faces, their smiling faces. Iselinn, Calahan, Hollye, Erethorn, Gelana, Azerai, Rayiara. Faces of people he had rarely met, faces of people he was well acquainted. Finally, he caught sight of Leov's face. He stared as she smiled back at him. He began to think that he would never see this, any of it, again. A second tear rolled down his other cheek as Ishsah began to laugh. It was clear the demon had seen everything Gibbzy had.

"These are the people you remember? The same people you had doubts about? They never cared for you Anduin. They still don't. You should thank me, I am relieveing you of all the pain and misery that came with them." Gibbzy spotted an Unwaking slowly making its way towards him. He conjured up enough strength to blast it with fire, forcing it to turn and run in the opposite direction. Gibbzy knew it was futile, the Nightmare would be upon him soon. Then it would be over. Ishsah continued to talk inside Gibbzy's mind. "You resist, you cling to your life as if it actually matters....you will learn." Ishsah forced Gibbzy to turn around, facing him away from the oncoming Nightmare. Gibbzy closed his eyes. He wanted no indication of the eternal sleep that was approaching. "It is standing right behind you.....do not move.....do not breathe."

Strangely, Gibbzy felt a slight tug on the bottom of his cloak. He was sure he recognised it almost immediately. Suddenly, a loud roar eminated from right in front of Gibbzy as a cat burst from the shadows, grabbing Gibbzy's robe in its jaws and hurling him in the opposite direction of the Nightmare. He landed heavily. Ishsah immediately forced Gibbzy back to his feet and hurled a carefully aimed fireball at the cat. Gibbzy could sense that Ishsah was temporarily distracted, so he summoned up what strength and energy he could and began battling Ishsah within his mind. The cat returned to its Elven form and watched Gibbzy collapse to the floor as he struggled to gain the full control of his mind again. A bolt of ice shot out of Gibbzy's hand and struck Leak in the side of the head, knocking her to the floor. She was unaware that the Emerald Nightmare was almost upon her. Gibbzy could not hold up his strength for long and was steadily pushed back as Ishsah retook control of his mind. He stood Gibbzy up again and forced a physical laugh from him. His voice had taken on its deep tone. "I come here to rid myself of a useless mage and get a free Druid with him. This couldn't be better." Ishsah began using Gibbzy's ice to freeze Leak to the ground in the direct path of the Nightmare.

Just as the icy bonds were nearly finished a green bolt struck Gibbzy square in the chest, knocking him back against a nearby rock. Leak scanned the area for the source of the spell when a large Night Elf like form dropped down beside her. She looked up and saw it was Malfurion, channeling a spell that was holding the Nightmare at bay. Leak seized the opportunity transformed back into a cat, shattering the bonds in an instant. She leapt at Gibbzy, pinning his arms against the stone. Leak growled slightly as she spoke, not willing to risk leaving her cat form. "I have seen it. You are still in there Anduin and you are letting a mere demon beat you in your OWN mind. You are a MAGE Anduin. Prove it."

Gibbzy recognised the orange flash in Leak's eyes and began fighting against Ishsah's control once more. He felt stronger, invigorated. He knew he could do it. And, seemingly, so did Ishsah. The demon muttered one word. "Die." That was it. Ishsah had left. Gibbzy had his own mind again. He looked past Leak and saw Malfurion finish his spell, watching the Nightmare start moving in a new direction. Leak reverted to her Elven form once more and walked towards Malfurion. They talked briefly before Malfurion simply disappeared.

"You called for him?" Gibbzy asked.

"No. But he knows when lives are threatened by the Nightmare. Now, what are you doing still sitting on the floor?"

"I'm not as young as I used to be, Leak."

The two of them steadily walked back into Dun Morogh and towards Ironforge, talking all the while. Leak listened intently to Gibbzy's recount of what he had seen while Ishsah had a hold of his mind. They reached Ironforge as Gibbzy's tale ended. Leak simply nodded and smiled slightly. "I have good news for you. The taint is gone and the healing is almost complete. I have just one last thing to do." Leak placed a hand on his forehead and uttered a few words in Darnassian. "Andu-falah-dor." A green glow eminated from Leak's palm before suddenly flashing brightly. As the bright light faded, Gibbzy could see clearer. He was sat down in a chair. The same chair he had been in when it all began. He was back.
Back to top Go down
Leov
Admin
Admin
Leov

The final stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final stage?   The final stage? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

(( Loooove it! Very Happy , Really good write up, you need to write more, really! ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The final stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The final stage?   The final stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

The final stage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Venture Co. RP Forum :: Active Roleplay - General :: The Storybook-
Jump to: