The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

The unfortunate demise of everything

Go down 
+5
arli
Drilac'n
Squadron
Orthos
The Master
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Master

The unfortunate demise of everything  Empty
PostSubject: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 am

"Soon … soon the entire Horde will tremble at my feet! But first, the Sin'dorei must pay. Yes pay for their arrogance and stupidity. Their entire race will suffer for the mistake of one. "

The weak flames of the few candles used to light the room flickered with The Master's every word. Frost crept up the tall window as if responding to the coldness in his voice. Every once in a while a moan of desperation or a cry of pain rose up from the chambers below.

"Yes, they will all suffer. The useless race will be the first I wipe off the face of Azeroth. Soon every child from Stormwind to Orgrimmar will have nightmares at the sound of my name"

Bowing his head as if trying to take up as little space as possible, a frail man entered the room, left a note on The Master's lap and skittered back out. Reading it, a devilish grin spread across his evil face.

"Good, my plan is already underway. Soon Fluffykins, soon I will TAKE OVER THE WORLD"

The unfortunate demise of everything  V110

((images by Witch King 42 @ deviantart and creative monkeyz))
Back to top Go down
Orthos
Orthos

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 pm

((bring it on! We are here Smile ))
Back to top Go down
http://belorealandie.shivtr.com
Squadron
Squadron

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm

(( i soo like this guy Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod
Drilac'n

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:52 pm

((Its Pinky, its Pinky and the brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain brain....))
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 pm

With the final crackle of small bones and sickening sound as they slid down his throat, the room fell silent.

Treading heavily on the scattered bit s of white fur Errin made her way to the Master's chair. Her small figure was even more dimished by the tall back of the chair she was facing, not daring to step into the light and gaze upon him directly.

A rush of cold air swept the room extinguishing some of the candles as he spoke. "So … tell me…. What have you found my little apprentice?"

The dwarf took out a patch of skin from her bag and gingerly placed it on the arm of the throne. She allowed herself a small satisfied grin before starting.

"You were right to send me this little piece of evidence Master. It just so happens that I've been following the people who made it for quiet some time. This is the mark of the Vile Thorn, a band of unruly assassins working for Sylvanas"

"Sylvanas ...I should have known that bitch would find a way to interfere again"

"If I may continue Master" Errin grin again, very proud indeed of her useful information "as I've said I've been observing them for a while now. They were the ones who stopped your plans in Northrend and then thwarted your attack on Silvermoon, yes, but they have so far failed to realize that those were both just small pieces of a greater puzzle. As such they've not reported it further, and not even their feared leader, Mistress Anethrax has taken any interest in these events."

Using a long sharp fingernail the Master removed a piece of fur that had gotten stuck between his teeth and spit it into the pile of white fluff on the ground. He leaned over the armrest to face Errin, his glowing red eyes barring wholes into Errins, captivating her gaze till there was nothing else left in the world. "Go on"

All trace of a smile or expression gone, Errin mechanically recounted her knowledge. "There were two officers in charge of the ones who dissrupted your efforts Master. They call themselves Deathmasters Arli and Dianthaa. They've met with the thorns in Dalaran to explain the missions and afterwards to gather the reports. " Her eyes remained fixed and unfocused. Errin hardly realized when she'd stopped talking and the Master had started pulling out her thoughts himself. "There were many involved in killing your agents, but the one giving the orders both times was a forsaken by the name of LaSombra. The young forsaken priest you used was taken hostage and moved to an unknown location. The thorns have been instructed to find out more information about you. They do not suspect your greater plan or your importance. They have not found any new information in weeks. They do not know I am following them."

He let go of her gaze and settle back into his chair. Errin fell back at the shock of regaining her sense at which the Master let out a cold laugh, his breath plunging the room into darkness.

Deafened by her own thundering heartbeats Errin waited.

"Keep following them, I'll call you" and with that Errin was send flying out of the room only to see the large stone doors close in front of her and light coming back into the world.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 pm

With a glance across the small courtyard, I scramble down the side of the inn and slip back to the shadows. It's the Mage District and I know that some of the more hardened alliance guards patrol through here so I need to be careful. "Pomeroy" I mutter along with a few choice words about his parentage as with a final glance behind me, I slip into the Slaughtered Lamb Inn. The bar area is quiet so I quickly head down into the Catacombs, with a bit of luck The Dead Rose will be elsewhere and I can search it in peace.

As I move quietly down the steps I try to ignore the small knot of fear that Darién or Shay might be here...and smother the small glimmer of hope that I might see Robi - besides, Squadron and Dia would never believe it was accidental and I'd face pain, one way or another, from them both. I shake my head slightly and focus on the task ahead. As I make my way along the first landing, the sound of two voices drifts up from the depths of the catacombs. Pressing myself to the walls to make the most of the shadows, I carefully make my way down more steps, following what sounds like a male and female bickering in Common.

"I said be quiet!" snaps the female voice, followed by the sound of something clattering across the room; staying in the shadows I look into the room and see a staff come to a halt against the far wall.

"We haven't been out in days! I'm bored, and you're not exactly good company" whines the male voice.

A small red-haired female dwarf comes into view as she strides across and picks up the staff, holding the skull-headed top inches from her face she roars "I NEED TO THINK!!".

There is a slight pause before the male voice replies in a tetchy voice;

"You need to think, you need to think … If you could think you'd have done it by now. The crystal bowl is fried, Cowgirl is stuck in dalaran sending in report after report in giberrish and this place hasn't been cleaned forever"

I look at the staff and blink as the jaw moves, realising that the male voice is coming from the skull head on the top of the staff.

"I swear I will send you off to the twisting nether!" replies the small red-haired dwarf in an annoyed tone as she shakes the staff.

"Relax....relax," replies the skull in what I take to be his attempt at a soothing tone of voice, "this is your chance to get the Thorns. And more importantly it's my chance to get that little **** for killing me"; the skull cackles evilly, his eyes glowing brighter as he does.

I listen intently at the mention of my Thorn brethren.

"Well if you're so keen on destroying the Thorns why don't you come up with any good ideas before the Master blows us both to pieces!" replies the dwarf angrily; I flinch slightly as she whacks the staff against the wall......that's gotta hurt.

The Master?! She knows of the Master? I reach for my garotte, time to silence the dwarf long enough to stop her casting anything so that I can immobilise and question her. The mention of the Thorns and the Master in the one sentence gives me cause for concern.

In the momentary silence as the now smirking dwarf looks at the dazed skull, I hear the sound of footsteps from behind me. At least two sets, one heavy and male voices. I slip out of the room and away from the sound of the approaching footfalls, concerned not at the ones I can hear but on the possibility that they may have those that tread more softly at their side. I hide in the shadows as the sounds move away and then take my chance and sprint up the stairs and out of the catacombs.

I need to get back to Dalaran and report to the other Deathmasters, we will need to rally the Thorns to locate and interrogate the small red-haired dwarf and her bewitched staff.

The unfortunate demise of everything  Themastersminion

Last edited by arli on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod
Drilac'n

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:43 pm

((You are now to be executed on one account of calling Sylvanas a Bitch. Do you have anything to say in your defence?

In other news, Looking good. Keep it up))
Back to top Go down
Gerrond

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:59 am

(( This looks great, looking forward to reading more. ))
Back to top Go down
Eirdra
Eirdra

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Well that hadn't exactly gone to plan. We were in Stormwind for all of five minutes before being attacked by a lone Dead Rose and our dumpy target was able to escape. Something just isn't sitting right with me. Rather 'someone' isn't. At least we didn't leave empty handed. I can't stop myself grinning knowing I have a new toy to play with. Finally free license to extract information without prying eyes watching over me. Who knew this talking skull stuck on the top of a stick would be so much fun?

There was only one place I knew I'd be left undisturbed and one place the skull's cries would not be heard. It had been such a long time since I had been back to the crypt I used to crash in. I could only hope it was as dank and dark as I left it and my shiny tools were still tucked away safely. Just the memory of the smells the place oozed brought tingles to my flesh. My own private torture chamber... what more could a girl want?

For now though I had found a nook to hide in within the belly of the Zeppelin towards The Eastern Kingdoms. Normally I wouldn't need to worry about such precautions, but a Thorn with a staff could potentially raise a lot of troublesome questions. I had done my best to disguise myself, wearing a long hooded cloak and binding the staff with cloth and rope. I couldn't be too careful though. I knew what trickery Warlocks played and there was no way I'd allow one to get the better of me this time. As the engines moaned and the wooden boards around me creaked in the cold night air I got back to thinking about that 'someone' again. I had suppressed my concerns earlier, but I couldn't just let it slide. Sitting on the staff and kicking the skull for good measure, I pulled out a crumpled piece of parchment and began to write a private report.

Deathmaster Dianthaa,

This is for your eyes only at this time as I am unsure if my scepticism is founded. I have grave doubts concerning Deathmaster Arli and believe he is fully responsible for the failure of our mission in Stormwind. Since becoming a Thorn I have heard rumours of Deathmaster Arli's relations with individuals in the Alliance and even witnessed a Thorn member call him out on it in public. I bring this up due to the fact Deathmaster Arli mumbled about 'bumping' into to someone within the city walls. He did correct himself, but I found it awfully suspicious. Also, Deathmaster Arli was standing guard whilst we tried to interrogate our target and he was attacked by a Dead Rose. Firstly I do not understand how he was spotted, unless he had stepped out of the shadows for some reason. Secondly, he is diverting any mistakes made towards his apprentice LaSombra, which makes his actions only seem more troublesome. Something is going on and it is jeopardising these missions.

I know I am only an assassin and I am probably speaking out of turn, but I do think out of genuine concern for my fellow Thorns. I will not dwell on this further and hope whatever is going on is sorted out privately and with discretion. I will not speak of my worries to anyone else and trust in your judgement regarding this.

Shadows Protect

Eirdra Swiftso
ng.

I re-read the letter a few times through, making sure my poor hand writing isn't too much of a challenge. Folding it carefully and tuck it into my breast pocket, keeping it safe until I can get it to Dianthaa directly. I can't help but be anxious about Dianthaa's response, after all she is very close to Arli and might just throw me to the lions. All I can do it try and put some trust in her... and keep a dagger under my pillow as always. I look down at the bound staff and smile again. The thought of tearing the skull apart creates a warm fuzzy feeling inside of me and I let go of my stress over Arli.

“Well, papa was it? How about we start the evening with a vinegar bath? Soften you up nice and good so that we can have some real fun.”
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm

The small blue furry murloc-shaped beast purred contentedly on the arm of his masters chair as the gnarled hand of his master gently stroked his fluffy back.

"Well..well, Murgle" spoke the Master in a low voice "those annoying minions of Slyvanas meddle in my affairs yet again."

The contented purr of Murgle filled the silence.

"Coincidence or are those tiresome rogues onto my plans?" he continued, his hand resting on Murgle as he thought.

With the slightest nod he picked up a small bell resting on the other arm of his chair and gave it the briefest of shakes as a melodic chiming echoed around the room. Within moments the giant stone doors swung open and in rushed a procession of individuals, of varying races, colours and sizes but all wearing a similar fearful expression. Within moments, the room was silent again and each of the arrivals, now in an almost perfect straight line, bowed and then averted their eyes to the floor.

The Master looked along the line slowly, with a careless wave of his hand a blue bolt flashed down behind a nervous looking troll.

"Line, you're out of line".

The troll bowed his head three times as he shuffled forward slightly and looked up and down the line to make sure he was now perfectly in line with the rest, not even daring to reach and check that his smouldering hair wasn't truly alight.

"The Vile Thorn are becoming rather an inconvenience, turning up at the most inopportune of moments"

"A-a-a-a Thorn in your side Master?" spoke a gnome hesitantly as more than one of the others lined up cringed slightly at her attempt at humour.

The Master's gaze turned to the small white-haired female as with another flick of his hand a fire-bolt shot across the room, vaporizing the small figure instantly.

Murgle opened an eye lazily as the firebolt fizzled past his head, then closed it again in disinterest.

"They stand in my way far too often" spoke the Master, his voice edged with annoyance, "and I will not have them interfere with my plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!". As he finished speaking he smashed his fist down in emphasis and with a sickening squelch and the briefest of squeaks, Murgle dropped to the floor, dead.

"YOU!"

The Master pointed to a warlock who glanced up terrified.

"...will find out what they know and I know just how to do it, come here....and the rest of you, just go".

The Master leaned back in his chair again and waved his hand dismissively. With a final bow each turned and filed quietly out of the room. The chosen one jumped slightly as the giant stone doors closed behind him with a soft 'whoomph' noise as he looked up at his Master, ready to receive his instruction.
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 pm

As he yelled in rage every soul within reach fell to its knees in pain. His eyes shone a brilliant deep red as the piece of paper in his hand ignited and burnt to a cinder.
Errin's own eyes shone the same color when, through no will of her own she raised her arms and set her hair ablaze.
Seconds later the citizens of Stormwind gasped upon witnessing a dwarf woman jumping into the canals to put out her burning hair.

As she submerged into the filthy canal the Master's voice bellowed deafeningly in Errin's head.

"You thought you could get away with sending me a report of your failure! You coward of a creature! I will not tolerate any mistakes! You will retrieve that blithering idiot you lost to the thorns before I decide to decorate my chamber with your skull! And clean up your mess, I won't warn you again!"

The Master let the ashes of the letter fall to the floor only to notice another small fire burning itself out, in the place where his latest creation had stood.

He looked at the small pile of ashes and sighed. Retrieving a small notebook he tore out another design. He crumbled the paper and sent it flying to a dark corner of the room, where the sketches of all his previous unfortunate companions lay.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:15 pm

"A note arrived this morning for you, Deathmaster" said the Inn Keeper as he placed the note alongside Arli's plate as he served his two resident Thorn Deathmasters their usual full-Dalaran cooked breakfast.

"Thanks" said Arli as he picked up the letter, examining the finely scripted handwriting on the front. It looked like Chey's handwriting.

Dianthaa looked across quizzically as she started to tuck into the laden plate of food. Arli returned a small smile as he slid his thumb under the folded top and started to open it, he was going to have to open it now she had seen it. He glanced at the back of the retreating Inn Keeper and made a mental note to have a quiet word about delivering such communications in future.

Arli took the lightly scented parchment from the envelope and started to read it;

Dear Arli,

I need to meet with you this morning, it is a matter of some importance. I will be waiting in Deatholme at the northern ziggurat, I'm sure you understand the importance of coming alone.

Travel safe,
Your Admirer

Arli quickly folded the letter and shoved it back into the envelope. It looked like Chey's handwriting and if she wanted to discuss further aid for Sin Anindoth, he had better go alone.

"Anything interesting?" asked Dianthaa between mouthfuls of food.

Arli shrugged lightly and smiled; "Not really, Uncle Valrik wants to meet me in Silvermoon this morning....want to come with me?"

"Fel no" she replied quickly, "And surely you're not going? Thought you were avoiding him?"

"Well yeah..." replied Arli with a small laugh, "but if I don't he will only come to Dalaran to find me and I'm sure you don't want that either?"

Dianthaa shook her head and the subject of the letter was soon forgotten as they moved on to talking of the training planned for a few days time.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Arli walked up the steps to the ziggurat and shivered involuntarily. He hated this place, it still reeked of the scourge that had invaded his homelands and was too much of a reminder of the dark times they had all faced. Pausing before he entered the building, Arli looked down into the gloom and with a deep breath, started down the steps and into the depths of the decaying building.

It took a few moments for his eyes to become accustomed to the dusty gloom and he walked hesitantly into the centre of the room, peering around into the darkened small rooms that led off from the central chamber.

"Chey?" he asked quietly, berating himself for his unease. He was being stupid, he was meeting a friend and besides, there was no one on comms right now to accompany him even if he asked them to. Never go alone the Mistress had often said to him, he smiled slightly as the Mistress usually followed it with you need someone to help you dig the grave.

A slight footfall to his right and Arli turned quickly, his hands instinctively reaching for his blades as the slender figure of a raven-haired sin'dorei stepped from the gloom of the small room to his right.

"Arli, I've been waiting for you" she spoke softly as she beckoned him into the small room.

Arli returned the smile and laughed lightly "And who are you? One of Chey's lot?"

The female kept smiling as she beckoned him again, stepping back into the gloom of the room.

Arli looked around and shrugged lightly as he followed her, "Is Chey or Serrar coming soon? This is kinda crazy, they know I can't attend no meetings of theirs, I don't want that sort of involvement".

As Arli entered the room the female suddenly raised her arms and started chanting in demonic, Arli spun around to see a dark portal, swirling with black and purple, blocking the doorway. He stepped back in horror and drew his blades as dark smoky tendrils reached out from the portal, wrapping themselves around his wrists, crawling up his arms as they wound themselves swiftly around him. More tendrils reached for him, wrapping around his torso and his legs and pulling him towards the portal, struggling in vain as the demonic chanting continued behind him. He barely managed a cry for help into his comms as the dark tendrils wrapped around his mouth and smothered into silence, Arli was pulled into the portal. The raven-haired female stopped her chanting and as abruptly as it had arrived, the portal disappeared. Brushing her hands together, she again chanted a brief spell and a bright portal appeared before her and with the shimmering image of Shattrath before her, she stepped swiftly though.

The unfortunate demise of everything  Arliportal
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Arli opened his eyes and peered into the darkness. He wasn't sure if he was awake or not, the last he could remember was being pulled into the portal, the swirling darkness, faceless creatures reaching for him, claws trying to slash at his face and then the explosions of colour before his eyes as through lack of air, he had lost consciousness. He could feel straps across his legs and torso, holding him tightly against the inclined table he was strapped to and with his arms fixed above his head, the only movement he could make was to turn his head slightly although the darkness around him seemed uniform and unbroken. Arli lay silently and waited. He wasn't so foolish to think that anyone would hear him call out if he tried and at least it gave him time to think although so far, his escape plans seemed very limited and mostly consisted of "wait and see".

Arli blinked, a slight shift in the darkness? No, he hadn't imagined it, he could now hear the soft breathing of others, how many, he couldn't tell. With the sound of someone clicking their fingers, a bright globe of light exploded into being above him forcing Arli to screw up his eyes and then blink as he tried to become accustomed to the burning-white light which now filled his vision completely.

"This is one of the Thorn Deathmasters" spoke a voice in Thalassian, followed by quiet murmuring from those he guessed now surrounded him. "The name is Arli Sunblade, a vain young specimen and known to have a bit of a roving eye for the female of his species" it continued.

"Right, so you brought me here to give you a few tips on pulling the girls?" interrupted Arli. "I'll start by saying that bondage isn't my thing" he continued, "so if you could just untie me, get a couple of bottles of Silvermoon's finest bourbon and I'll teach you a few of the basics", Arli finished by fixing a smug smile on his face.

A ripple of faint gasps passed around him.

"Silence the worm" spoke the voice curtly.

"Yes Master" came the reply in common followed by a brief demonic chant.

Arli gasped as the silencing spell hit him, feeling the pressure of the enchantment against his throat.

"First I will look into his mind and see what authority the worm has, and then place an appropriate command in his subconsciousness." continued the voice in a matter of fact tone.

Arli looked as a dark shadowy figure moved towards him, the brightness of the light obscuring a real view of the build and stature of what approached . A gnarled hand reached out and clamped onto his face, Arli silently screamed in pain as the burning shards of shadow magic crackled from the ends of the fingers pressed onto his head and tore through his mind, probing his memories as he fought to keep his deepest secrets locked away.
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:28 pm

The Master looked down on the pale and still elf. He'd been an interesting creature to mind probe and had put up quite a struggle against him, for one so weak in magic. He'd ultimately failed to resist his mental intrusion of course, they always did.

"You, and you" he spoke as he pointed at a troll and an orc, "dump him back in the ziggurat and take his gold, rough him up a little, let the worm think he has been mugged."

"Yes Master" they replied in unison as they started to unstrap the unconscious Arli.

"I've woven him new memories of course" spoke the Master with a hint of a bragging tone in his voice "the fool won't remember a thing after he arrived there earlier today and he certainly won't remember being programmed." He found himself polishing his nails on his robe and examining them in an elfish manner before scowling and stopping himself. "The key phrase is Androcles, your time has come and when he hears that, then he will follow the orders I've planted deep into his subconsciousness."

"You" the Master pointed at the small warlock "Find out when he is next taking them on a mission, that's when we will set him on MY mission to destroy the Thorns and then there will be no one to stop me TAKING OVER THE WORLD!" the Master cackled evilly as the small warlock bowed and replied "Yes Master".

~~~~

....a few days later...

The heavy stone doors swung slowly open and the small warlock walked hesitantly into the room, bowing so low as he walked that he looked like a small fat chicken in a dress, pecking the dust.

“What” echoed his Masters voice in his head.

“Master, I have news for you on the Vile Thorn Deathmaster. He has issued a summons to all Thorns to attend a mission this coming Thursday” spoke the small warlock clearly, the Master did so hate mumbling and his method of curing any sort of speech impediment usually resulted in a pile of smouldering robes.

“Excellent!” replied the Master, followed by an expected evil cackle. “Keep me updated, although under the circumstances I advise you to not attend the mission, I've still use for you” he added as he waved dismissively at the small warlock who backed out of the room swiftly, bowing until he was out of sight and could run.

The Master clicked his fingers and a hooded forsaken stepped from the shadows behind his chair, and walked to stand in front of the Master and with a low bow, waited for instruction.

“Go and find the messenger we plan to use, this donation to her childish cause should persuade her”, the forsaken deftly caught the weighty pouch of gold as it was thrown across to him; bowing low once again, he unhurriedly left the room.

It was early evening when the forsaken finally left Silvermoon having convinced the pretty blonde sin'dorei to deliver the cryptic phrase to one Arli Sunblade as soon as she was able. She was initially suspicious of his claims to be representing the Lord of a prestigious Silvermoon family but when offered the weighty sack of gold as a donation to her cause, she agreed to find Arli and say the five words that would trigger the orders that had been placed on the Thorn Deathmaster and thus set the plan in progress. Of course, she believed it to be some secret family phrase, used to convey a hidden message from a family member and that she was helping Arli in some way. Confident that she would complete the task that evening, the forsaken took the portal to the Blasted Lands and headed on to Shadowmoon Valley.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Arli palmed the small throwing dagger and smiled warmly at the barmaid as she passed by. As she moved away he gripped the small throwing dagger tightly again and continued carving his name into the top of the table.

"Hello Arli"

Arli looked up as Chey walked across towards him, returning her smile and slipping the throwing dagger back onto his leg armour as he instantly forgot about his carving project.

"Hey Chey, not seen you in a while, got time to stay and talk a while? Maybe I can get you a drink?"

"That would be lovely" added Dianthaa with a smirk as she stepped from the shadows.

"Dianthaa...lovely to see you too...so...what will you ladies be having?"

The two Thorns and the ex-Thorn sat and talked a while, it was obvious that Dianthaa and Chey were struggling to remain civil to each other but at least seemed to be trying to make an effort in Arli's company. As Serpiente arrived, Arli being in an unusually buoyant mood, offered to buy another round and seeing her chance to speak with him away from the rest, Chey followed him to the bar with an offer to help carry the drinks. With drinks in hand they started to return to the group.

"Arli, wait a moment, I've a message for you" spoke Chey quietly, glancing across the Inn to the other Thorns.

"From Serrar? Is he ok?" replied Arli with a look of concern as he stopped and turned to Chey.

"No..no, not Serrar, from someone else, I think it's a family message"

Arli's look of concern deepened as he waited for Chey to speak. Chey hesitated and then quietly spoke;

"Androcles, your time has come"

With a smash, Arli dropped the two drinks he was carrying and mumbling a hurried excuse, quickly left the Inn.
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 pm

The forsaken crouched in the shadow of the demonic structure and observed the Thorn Deathmaster waiting across from him. He had almost joined the Vile Thorn himself, but his loyalty to the Dark Lady had been swayed by the promises made to him by the Master; promises that still seemed likely to come to fruition and he had no regrets on making this decision so far. He watched as the magma vapour-filled winds whipped the tabard around the sin'dorei's legs as he stood and waited. The forsaken mused that he would stand and wait there until he died of malnutrition, the words programmed into his subconscious were so strong that the elf could do nothing but obey. The order had been to come straight to this remote meeting place and to wait until instructed otherwise by the Master. It would be an interesting process to watch, the slow decay and fall of a living until his last breath was taken, but his Master had other plans.

The forsaken held onto the red-gemmed necklace resting against his chest and concentrated, clearing his mind he focussed on the words "He is here Master". A few seconds later he felt the familiar feeling spread through his limbs as the Master took control of him. As always, the conscious part of him receded to a sheltered part of his mind and observed through misted vision as the Master moved his forsaken shell from the shadows, his voice now that of the Masters and holding none of the rasp of the forsaken.

"Kneel before the true Master"

Arli stepped forward and silently kneeled, head bowed.

"The Vile Thorn have foolishly got in my way and will be eliminated and you will be the instrument of their destruction"

"Yes Master" came the monotone reply.

"You have a mission planned this week, during that you will KILL THEM AL-.." the Master halted as if in thought.

"No..no, no, no, no. You fail dreadfully at killing those you care about don't you?"

Arli remained silent,

"I said don't you" insisted the Master with a swift kick at the kneeled Arli.

"Yes Master" came the monotone reply again as Arli steadied himself.

"Yes you do. You failed at killing Robi, you failed at killing Lord Sunwing and you were even upset when the contract you took out on that ex-wife of yours was completed by the Troll. Oh boo hoo." mocked the Master. "No, you will bring the Thorns to Shadowmoon, on the mountain over there and have them nicely bound and unarmed for me won't you? Call it training or something. Oh yes, bring the girl, the messenger one, always good to tie up loose ends". The Master sniggered at his humour.

"Yes Master"

"Then I'll have my minions kill them or maybe we can use a few of them in the labs" he mused, tapping his chin with his forefinger thoughtfully.

"Anyway, to business...", the forsaken took a small red leather pouch from a pocket in his robe and took out a red-gemmed ring.

"Here, take this, protect it with your life, wear it at all times else all those you care about, have cared about, will care about blah blah blah will perish in an eternal fiery damnation etc etc"; the forsaken waved his hands dramatically as he spoke.

Arli took the ring and looked into the swirling red-misted gem as he put it onto the second finger of his right hand.

"That will allow me keep a control over you, much like I do with this almost dead thing here", the Master pointed at himself with both hands and cackled - anyone overhearing the cackle would definitely say it had an edge of insanity to it. "Oh and don't forget, nothing suspicious about the ring, nothing at all, you've had it forever, a gift from your Father, yes, no wait, your Mother, oh let's say from both of them."

"Yes Master"

"Three..two...one...you're back in Shadowmoon" the Master clicked the forsaken's fingers and with a jolt Arli looked up and blinked at the forsaken. The forsaken felt control of his body return to himself as the Master left him.

"What the...how the fel did I get here...?" said Arli, slowly standing up and looking confused as he brushed the dirt off his armour and looked around.

The forsaken shrugged and turned, slipping into the shadows. He watched as Arli lifted his hand and looked at the ring for a few moments before turning away and jogging back down the hill towards Shadowmoon Village.

Over the next few days Arli often felt as if he was struggling to think through a fog in his mind. Sometimes he would find himself some place and not remember how he got there. People would mention letters sent, things said, that he had no memory of doing or saying at all. The red-gemmed ring he wore - he was sure he'd always worn it - sometimes felt like it was burning his skin but when he tried to remove it, he felt a feeling of dread sweep over him and his muscles seize as he grasped it to pull it off. Arli kept his concerns to himself, convincing himself it was all just the stress of the past few weeks catching up on him and nothing that a few days away wouldn't fix. He promised himself he would see the Mistress on her return and ask that he and Dianthaa be allowed a couple of days off duty and off comms to go and relax some place.

The unfortunate demise of everything  Arliandthemaster
Back to top Go down
Alexiria
Alexiria

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:36 am

ARLI! How..how?
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod
Drilac'n

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 pm

*Sniff* My wittle Arlithion's all Gwown up!
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Arli sat in the Inn in Dalaran and awaited the arrival of his Thorn brothers and sisters. He was leading some training planned for tonight and had a compelling feeling that he should base it on self-preservation following kidnap. Although he knew it was rare for a Thorn to fall into the trap of being apprehended, he had a strange feeling that it was really important that he did it anyway. As each Thorn arrived he greeted them and they chatted easily whilst waiting for the rest, turning the ring on the second finger of his right hand as if to make it more comfortable.

The Master peered into the scrying orb held aloft on the shoulders of two Orcs and watched the scene at the Inn though the eyes of the Thorn Deathmaster. His latest genetically engineered companion, “Snacat” – a cross between a snake and a tabby cat – curled around his arm and hissed a contented “Meowwssss”.

Arli smiled at Chey as she walked into the Inn and sat with the Thorns. He was rather surprised to see her join them, it wasn’t like her to want to train with the Thorns, but he didn’t question it and just saw it as perhaps a small step into getting her back as a Thorn. The Master had made sure that he had no recollection of having written to her and insisted she attend.

“Ok, Thorns. You all know the Thorn policy on kidnap.” Arli looked around the assembled Thorns as each nodded. “You stupid enough to get caught then you get yourself out of it or die tryin’. We aint gonna risk any Thorns in rescuing you from your own stupidity.”

Arli could see a couple of them trying to decide whether to mention previous Thorns who had been kidnapped, then think better of it.

“However, sometimes even the best get taken by surprise so, although the chance is remote, tonight we are going to do some training on what to do when caught and ways of escaping. I’ll be pairing you with another so you can learn from each other. We will train in...um...Shadowmoon Valley. Meet at the Sanctum of the Stars, Thorns, move out”.

Arli led the Thorns as they left Dalaran and made their way to Outlands. In his head he went through the planned training. First he would have them practice methods of escaping without using the shadows and then send them scavenging around Shadowmoon Valley to see what makeshift weapons they could find, reasoning that if caught they would be escaping unarmed.

The Master sipped the thick red liquid from the elaborately cut-glass jug and watched the briefing. With a click of his fingers and pointing to the floor, a human rushed forward and got down on all fours in front of the master as the Master lifted his feet and rested his legs, ankles crossed, on the back of the kneeling human. Another click of his fingers and a pewter bowl, covered in sculptures of torture and various faces twisted in despair, was placed on a small table at his side - filled with what looked curiously like popcorn.

As the Thorns assembled at the Sanctum, Arli went through the purpose of the exercise and made clear that they understood that they were to remain out of the shadows and use their skills to make their way to safety, killing as few of the guards as possible so as not to draw attention to themselves. The bridge outside of the Sanctum was to be the meeting place and satisfied that they knew what to do, Arli flew with them to the top of the blood elf military base and sent each team, in a staggered start, on their way to the end. Eirdra was still in her training so Fauxion and Shivian were instructed to protect her and aid her as necessary. Arli flew to the bridge and watched the teams of Thorns make their way through the blood elf base and towards the bridge, he had instructed Shivian to lead Fauxion and Eirdra last, reasoning that any immediate threats would have been dealt with by the teams that travelled before them.

The Master watched through Arli’s eyes as the Thorns made their way towards the bridge, occasionally picking up a piece of ‘popcorn’ and flicking it into his mouth. As the last team made their way safely towards the bridge the Master yawned and with a loud “Boooooring!” made a few complex hand movements in the air and concentrated on the Thorn Deathmaster.

With the Thorns watching Shivian, Fauxion and Eirdra carefully make their way past the guards, no one noticed Arli clutch his right hand and then gasp in pain as his hands flew to his head briefly before an evil smile spread across his face as he palmed a small throwing dagger from the array fastened to his leg armour.
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

With a quick glance to confirm all Thorns on the bridge were watching the last three make their way back, Arli flicked the dagger over the edge of the bridge, hitting one of the guards in the calf just as the three Thorns silently passed behind him. With a yell of “INTRUDERS!” all guards in earshot, raised their weapons and ran towards the three Thorns who, quite rightly, ran for their lives as what seemed like half of the military base pursued them.

“MWUAHAHHAAAA” laughed the Master loudly as he watched the ensuing chaos unfold in the scrying orb, through the eyes of the Thorn Deathmaster – who now was completely under his control - just stood and watched as the other Thorns aided their three escaping brethren. Guards running back and forth across the bridge, mages casting arcane bolts at the fleeing Eirdra as the other Thorns tried to bring them down and protect each other. As the guards retreated, taking their wounded and leaving their dead, the Master started to speak through Arli.

“Good work Thorns, apart from Shivian and Fauxion who clearly need more training. Rookie mistake to let that guard hear you.”

The Master watched as Fauxion hung his head in shame, simply replying “Yes Deathmaster”.

“We move from here for the next part” spoke the Master in Arli’s voice, “Mount up and follow me, we need to fly there”.

The Master flicked another piece of ‘popcorn’ in his mouth as the Thorns summoned their flying mounts, tapping the pink nose of Snacat as it sniffed at the ‘popcorn’ bowl.

The Thorns took flight and soared high, following Arli to a hidden cleft in one of the many small mountains that surrounded the valley.

“Dismiss your mounts back to Shadowmoon Village, you will be escaping from here on foot” instructed the Master through Arli as he unloaded a number of coils of thin, strong, rope from his Windrider. As each mount flew into the distance, he spoke again;

“If caught, you will very likely be tied up so each of you in your pairs, one to tie the other. Make the knots good as the first one to escape wins 100 gold pieces.”

“I hope you’ve scouted the area if we are going to be incapacitated” asked Dianthaa

“Of course I have”, reassured the Master in Arli’s best reassuring tone, “besides I chose this place as it is practically completely hidden from the ground and air”

With some light laughter the Thorns started to tie up their partners, Eirdra looked suspiciously at Arli but already knew better than to question one of his orders so blatantly.

“Wrists bound behind the back, feet tied at the ankles” instructed the Master through Arli. As each Thorn was tied, the remaining Thorns were paired up until only LaSombra remained free.

“Here brother, let me tie you”, Arli pulled LaSombra’s hand behind his back and bound them tightly, tying his ankles as he sat on the ground.

“So...here you are, all tied up...can any of you wriggle free?” asked the Master, putting a reassuring smile on Arli’s face.

Satisfied that the Thorns were indeed incapacitated, Arli walked around the Thorns, removing their comms as with a smile he said “Let’s make it really realistic, you won’t have your comms now will you?” then continued with “Oh, nor weapons” as he went around each Thorn again and removed their daggers.

The Master looked through Arli’s eyes at the now bound, weapon-less Thorns who were no longer in touch with any Thorn outside of earshot. As he made Arli move to the edge of the cleft and throw the comms and weapons over the edge and into the magma pools below, he banged his fist on the arm of his chair as he laughed gleefully, knocking the bowl of “popcorn” off the small table and making Snacat hiss in annoyance as he gripped the Masters flailing arm. Finally composing himself he looked again through Arli’s eyes at the Thorns who he could see were now starting to look very uncomfortable with their situation and talking in worried low whispers between themselves.

“SILENCE” spoke the Master in his own voice through Arli.

The Thorns as one looked at Arli.

“I’M AFRAID I’VE BEEN SOMEWHAT UNDERHAND. YOU SEE, MY DEAR THORNS, ARLI ISN’T ACTUALLY HERE....BUT THE MASTER IS!”

A sly smirk spread across Arli’s face as murmers of “The Master...” spread around the Thorns as some tried frantically to free themselves.

“NOW JUST SIT HERE QUIETLY, SOON MY MINIONS WILL BE HERE TO DEAL WITH YOU. I’M AWFULLY, AWFULLY SORRY..OH NOT REALLY...THAT SOME OF YOU WILL BE HACKED TO DEATH WHERE YOU SIT”

The Master put a sad look on Arli’s face before grinning widely as he continued.

“THE REST WILL BE TAKEN TO MY LABORATORIES WHERE I AM SURE WE WILL HAVE SOME SPECIAL TIMES TOGETHER!”

The Master cackled evilly as he looked around the dumbstruck Thorns and climbed on Arli’s Windrider. With a brief cough the Master spoke once again in Arli’s voice into the comms;

“Walsingham? Where are you brother?” and then with a nod at the reply added “I’ll be with you very shortly, really important I find you”.

The Master looked again at the Thorns through Arli’s eyes;

“HAD A LOVELY TIME TOGETHER, AS SHORT AS IT WAS” he added with a smile and wave at the group of Thorns, “BUT I HAVE TO GO AND FIND WALSINGHAM AND KILL HIM, I’M SURE YOU UNDERSTAND”.

With a kick on the Windrider’s flank, Arli soared out over Shadowmoon and towards Shattrath.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:00 pm

(( Just wanted to say thanks for all of those involved in this rp last night. You played along and developed the rp brilliantly, I had a really great time Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Gustavus

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 pm

And for another dull day in Hammerfall thought Walsingham as he snuck back into Hammerfall. The days had come and gone with ease since he was appointed Ambassador to the Marauders by the Mistress.

There was a commotion though now as he approached. Voices raised? Something had gone on.... Walsingham quietly cursed himself that he had arrived in the aftermath of something which might have been interesting ..... Damn it all.

There had clearly been a fight. There were injuries. As Walsingham slid from the shadows onto the large balcony outside the Inn, the worst seemed to be a Tauren holding a larged armoured hand over his eye .... blood streaming over his matted facial fur and dripping on the ground. Another female Tauren fretted about him. A further Marauder was trying to take a look.

Walsingham gazed out over the fort. I am no healer .... I will look unconcerned and discover what I need from the commotion he thought. He never liked to have to ask if it could be avoided.

It was decided the gash across and through the eye would continue to bleed uncontrollably. It had to come out. And so it did. Que further hystrionics .... bless them all.

In the midst of all this wonderful entertainment came the crackling comms message .....

"Walsingham? Will you come and join the rest of us with the training tonight?"

Typical he thought For the first time in ages I am entertained and could gather useful information and Deathmaster Arli wants me to join them.

An Order is an Order and in the absence of the Mistress he should obey. Did not want to go though .... then a thought then occurred.

The Mistress Ordered me here, the Deathmaster Orders me there .... I can legitimately turn this Order down I think .... for the moment .... at least until developments behind me have fizzled out

He responded "Matters are lively here currently Deathmaster, I will join you presently if I may".

That should do him for now he thought. And so it did. For a while.

As matters died down the comm crackled to life again. “Walsingham? Where are you brother?”

For the love of the Dark Lady! - he does not give up does he? Best reply.

"Still at Hammerfall though matters quieten Deathmaster"

“I’ll be with you very shortly, really important I find you”. Arli responded.

All of a sudden he was overcome with a sense of unease. Walsingham pondered...

This is most irregular. Deathmasters request your presence, they do not usually come to you. I was going to go and yet he says it is really important. Why? Where are the others? What of the training mission? Did it just stop without a word on the comms by my Brothers and Sisters? Irregular this is indeed

Confusion reigned in mis mind. He recalled the failure of his other mission to Arathi. The "social visits" paid and acts committed by Thorns which ended up in the endangerment of his life in addition. He blamed Arli for that on the information he had collected though others did some of the work.

The comms began to behave in a most peculiar way as his suspicions swam round his head. At first it was crackles, clicks, static. Now what?!

Then distant voices so quiet he could not make out. Distress in their voices? Someone hacking into the frequency? I am no engineer but.....

"Wa....... I ...... No ...... A....." Walsingham taps his earpiece. But it comes again .... and again ..... and again.

Now the voices seem clearer It ... it can't be? Can it? My Brothers? My Sisters? In Trouble!. His mind lept into action as a trained assassins ought to. What did he know for sure?

They were all with Arli training. Mention of Shadowmoon Valley. Arli is fine .... he is coming here. They sound distressed though? Endangered? Arli is not.

The confirmation of the thoughts came in two quick messages .....

Arli "Stay there Walsingham, I am nearly there and looking forward to seeing you" - threatening, sinister tone, not the usual Arli? .....

Maybe LaSombre "Wals .... Don't .... Tr .... Arl ..... RU...!" - a warning?"Don't Trust Arli, RUN? - he is fine they are not.

Thats it. Cannot stay. Marauders response to his arrival is uncertain. Brothers and Sisters in trouble. Arli could be responsible? Need time and space to find out either way. What is wrong with him? Facing him down is not an option. Kill a Deathmaster? - dangerous even if mad. He could finish me then who will rescue my Brothers and Sisters? Must find the Mistress! Must go! One last response to my family....

He operates his comm:

"Brothers, Sisters, message understood" And then to Arli "You will not find me Deathmaster until I know what this is all about - Walsingham out".

Walsingham slid into the shadows ... unnoticed by the Marauders in their disorder ... and leaves Hammerfall heading south.

The sky turned red. Deathwing had arrived.

The world really is against me.....

((Thank you Arli))
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm

“MWAAHAHA! it's done Cutiepie! It is ready! No longer will I leave my precious plans to clumsy worthless minions! Tonight they will feel the true wrath of the Master and they will burn! With them out of the way I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!”

Cutiepie looked up at the Master, it's four big blue eyes showing no sign of comprehension as the creature swam happily through the air.

The door creaked open and a tauren shyly crept it. It walked on tip-hoof and hunched over trying to make itself visibly smaller. In its hand it held the short-straw that made him the unfortunate bearer of bad news.

“M-m-m-master?“

The Master turned, piercing fiery eyes fixed on the tauren;

“Yes?”

Answered the Master, clearly annoyed at being interrupted in a moment of triumph.

“M-m-m-master I-i-i-i am s-s-s-sorry”, the tauren managed to stay as he got a close enough to place the latest edition of Lok'tar on the master's lap.

The Master took the newspaper with mild annoyance and glanced at the front page. As his eyes read the headline the entire room erupted into a mass of blue and purple flames. All that was left of Cutiepie and the tauren were a pair of charred hooves and a melted and slightly fur-charred blob.
Back to top Go down
The Master

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 pm

The unfortunate demise of everything  Themasterwantsyou

(( Credits to Élodie for composing the picture! And credits to the original artists whose pictures she used:
Vyrl - http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=come%20to%20the%20dark%20side&order=9&offset=48#/d25ltj0
SC4V3NG3R - http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=dark%20ritual&order=9&offset=72#/d1afk7o
))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate demise of everything    The unfortunate demise of everything  Empty

Back to top Go down

The unfortunate demise of everything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Venture Co. RP Forum :: Active Roleplay - General :: The Storybook-
Jump to: