The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Share | 

For the 'Brotherhood'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emmelìna

PostSubject: For the 'Brotherhood'   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Each person who is, or might be, or could be involved in the events surrounding the demon known as Phantaz, all receive identical notes, or letters, some time before the planned expedition into the Spire where Phantaz's lieutenants will be fought. They are penned by a precise but feminine hand.

Quote :

"Brothers and sisters.

The time has almost come for us to venture into the fray once more. We are united, either by friendship or a sense of duty, we will fight side by side to quench the biggest threat many of us have ever had to face. We are the Brotherhood. Each one of us has a specific role to fill set by necessity or by destiny. When it comes to the time of battle, these roles or tasks need to be filled and executed with precision, without hesitation. I have faith that each individual involved has the ability and the strength to do so.

My role, at least the part I can control, will be to heal all of you. I wanted to inform you that I am taking this task so you know who to look for if you need a hand. I will heal and protect you to the best of my ability, as I trust the rest of you to unleash all the training you have received to distract, harm and defeat our opponents.

Our enemy is strong and should not be underestimated. But they are not all-powerful. We can, and we will, succeed. Remember: Failure is not an option. Do not even consider the possibility, but fight for victory.

Will be seeing you all very soon.

(signed)
Emmelìna Vali."

Jaelen receives an extra little note: "Show this to whomever it is you have chosen to send with us in your stead. May the Light be with you and yours."
Back to top Go down
arli

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 am

Arli clumsily opens the letter with his bandaged hand and peers at it through still-sleepy eyes. He reads it twice, his hangover from the excesses of the night before making it hard to comprehend the contents.

Arli mutters “Brotherhood…right…” and screws up the paper and throws it at a passing cat, before limping away to get breakfast, hoping that the bar is open or the staff can be sweet-talked into finding him bourbon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jaelen

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 am

[I heartily approve of this! Roleplaying around the events is excellent. I also encourage posting 'aftermath' short stories, to give a little insight into your character.]
Back to top Go down
arli

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

(( Hope this is the right place to post or should I put it on the Chapter? ))
=================

Although physically tired from the night before with my legs tired and aching from the injuries sustained by Illisara earlier in the week, sleep still evades me as I sit by the dying campfire as the first light of morning creeps into the sky above Eversong. For the first night since Isabel returned to Stormwind last week, my mind is clear and free of the alcohol and bloodthistle haze that has helped me to forget enough to sleep through the recent nights. Tonight however, I don’t want to forget, I just want to remember.

A movement above catches my eye and I look up hopeful to see Asol, but it is just a Dragonhawk hatchling awoken early and in search of food. I left Asol with Emmelina, she was badly injured last night and is now in the care of the Blood Knights. Although Caledar is there to watch over her, I know she will gain strength from having Asol nearby although I found it hard to leave him there for some reason I can’t quite understand.

I reflect on the battles of the night before, of the darkness that made me want to step from the top of the spires and of the demise of Lord Sunwing. I tried to get away, to turn them back and find safety but always Emmelina made me carry on although I knew it was futile to do so. I try to remember what was driving me to turn back, I don’t think it was fear, I think it was a sense of hopelessness. I feel that I was proven right….Catari failed in slaying the demon, as did I, the ‘Pure’ were not enough. We were, however, saved…Lord Sunwing took the demon with him to the hellish depths he was dragged to. I failed in killing the demon, I failed in protecting a Thorn and I failed in protecting Lord Sunwing. I try to remember why being unable to save Lord Sunwing struck me so hard at the time; there are.... -memories- ....... -I have to obey he is- ....I shake my head, they evade me and my thoughts turn back to the Thorn I left with the Blood Knights in Silvermoon.

I wearily stand up, noticing the blood stained bandage on my hand, the wound from Illisara having re-opened during the many fights of the night before. I remove it and wash my hands in the calm waters, the wound stings in the cold water but doesn’t seem to be infected and I apply a fresh bandage. Stamping out the remains of the campfire, I look at the two small tombstones and then call my mount; morning is with me and it is time to head to Silvermoon and check on Emmelina and then file my report to the Thorn Mistress.
Back to top Go down
Caledar
Guild Master
Guild Master

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Laying on the floor in the Blood Knight temple, I watch Emmelina, who is laid on top of numerous cushions and covered by my cloak, fitfully sleeping. I take this time to reflect upon the events of the night, since, though totally drained from both the fight and the desperate attempts at healing Emmelina, I can not seem to drift to sleep.

My mind goes back to the point just after the last battle, the feeling of desperation as I sought to stop Emm becoming our next casualty of the night. I wonder silently how much I let my feelings show to the others at that point, and hope dearly that they were too distracted to notice. I get enough stick from people like Aramorth as it is, without my personal feelings being dragged into the mess.

…”Catari”… she is the next person in my thoughts. The look on her face as Magyk disappeared into the vortex will be haunting my dreams for many a night to come. I say a silent prayer to the light to grant her the strength to recover from her loss, and one of thanks for all that she did to help set Emmelina on the path to recovery.

As I lay there in my quiet reflective state, I am disturbed by the sound of light footsteps drawing near. I sit up and put my hand out to my axe, more out of habit than because I feel threatened in this sanctuary. The figure steps out of the shadows and into the fire lit room. I immediately recognise his appearance to be that of Chamipon Vranesh, and a sense of foreboding rises in me instantly as I salute, though not raising from my seated position on the floor. The Champion looks from Emmelina, wrapped in my cloak, then to me, seated and looking pale. He raises his eyebrows, but seemingly decides not to pass comment on the matter, instead he turns to me looking impassive and states; “Ah…Caledar…I was informed of your presence here. I have a task for you. Your presence is requested in the Ghostlands, reports have come in of a large wave of un-dead surging up the dead scar, I want them put back in their graves. Indeed, I was asked to send an entire battalion, but insisted that -you- would suffice. You leave as soon as you are ready.”
I react to his orders by growling my dissent. “How can I leave?!” I exclaim. “ Do you not see she can not be left unattended?” I curse foully, glaring at my superior, who still looks impassive. Shrugging slightly, he questions me. “ Are you disobeying my orders Blood Knight? am I to have you disciplined?”
I curse once more. “You will have a messenger sent to Arli Sunblade of the Vile Thorns at once. Explain to him why I am away, and let it be known that if any harm comes to this paladin, people will rue the day they were born. You will also have a squire check upon Emmelina as regularly as you can make happen.Those are my terms, Agree and I leave now, disagree, and we have a problem.”
The champion nods, seeming amused by my fury. “It shall be done.” he agrees, still faint amusement in his tone. I gather my belongings, and tired as I am, go to fulfil the wishes of my order….

----------------------------------------------------------

[OOC:] Edited for consistency with Emm's story.
As I am away all day today [05 march] I decided to make a quick story to explain that and to cover last nights events, giving a little insight into Cale for those who do not know or did not see. Enjoy! And will see you all tomorrow evening I hope!

Last edited by Caledar on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emmelìna

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 pm

((We might as well put the aftermath stuff here, I reckon Smile ))

Emmelina lay propped up on countless cushions in the Blood Knight temple staring at the flickering shadows created by the torches that illuminated the room. Caledar had been forced to leave on a mission several hours earlier, and she was left with a squire who kept checking in on her once every hour. She met him each time with a growl to get out, wanting nothing more than to be left alone. Emmelina always craved solitude after a battle but the desire was all that much stronger now. She went over every miniscule detail, twisted and turned and analyzed them to find where they went wrong, what she could have done differently and why it had ended with them losing a man. She had never lost anyone on the field before. Despite having lead several missions against the Scourge, or even the Scarlet Crusade, Emmelina had not once lost a man in the line of duty. Magyk was lost; she could hazily remember him being sucked into a portal with the demon that threatened to kill Catari. He was lost and, she suspected, so were they.

She had not known Magyk, or Lord Sunwing, but the loss of him clearly affected others in the Brotherhood. In the vision the Oracle had shown her, Emmelina had seen Magyk crowned and later murdered, should they fail. Now that he was gone, the fabric of time that lead to possible futures must be changed. What would happen now? Had they already failed? She wanted so much to speak with Jaelen but--

A grimace flitted across her face. She could not recall having seen Jaelen after he stepped back into a portal as well. If he had suffered the same fate as Magyk...

Despair clutched her weary heart and she tried to shift over on her side and turn her back on the thoughts. A sharp pain shot down her left leg from her hip to the tips of her toes as she tried to move. Though Catari had worked the light on her leg to set and align the bones, readying it for the healing process, no one had managed to do much for the pain. Her leg throbbed painfully without pause and each attempt to move shot javelins into it. Emmelina glanced at the jug of bourbon next to her. She had requested it the night before to take the edge off the pain. It had left her mouth dry and her stomach restless, but it had worked.

A soft caw of disappointment sounded somewhere to her left as Emmelina grabbed the jug and drank what was left. Asol's black button eyes stared at her unblinkingly and she had to look away.

"I'm sorry, my friend. But there's something I have to do and the pain isn't helping."

The bird cawed again and affectionately nudged his beak against her cheek. Emmelina felt herself smile, taking tremendous comfort in the presence of the little creature. Before too long, the pain was dulled to a throb and movement only involved pin-pricks of pain rather than sharp javelins down her leg. Emmelina labored to first sit up, then haul herself up to stand with all her weight on the healed right leg. The first tentative step left her gasping. She had not expected that the friction from limping would send these tremors up through her leg.

Taking a deep breath she painstakingly made her way through the temple, forcefully refusing any help. This was the cause of her own damned stupidity again and she would not be treated like an invalid to be pitied. She had done this to herself, she would handle it herself without being even more of a liability to anyone. Stubbornly she limped out in the soft morning breeze, blinking blearily at the light. She looked at Asol where he was perched on her shoulder.

"Take me to Arli."
Back to top Go down
Cain

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Cain stormed out of the Blood knight headquarters in disgust, the pure Arrogance of the Blood Knights and of the thorns fresh in his mind. When they needed his help he was Cain, but any maters Regarding the Society and he was suddenly just 'An Apothecary' and worce, they Never recognised him for his status amoung the Society. And yet they would see, the 'Light' could never mend a bone shattered in such a way, and, Unfortunately for the Elf girl, when they finally came to their sences, or, by some miracle managed to reforge the bones using their cursed 'Light' the wounds were likely to become infected, Causing even greater pain to the girl, and, possibly, the Loss of her leg. Very unfortunate for her. Nonetheless, they would all have a sleepless night, the Knockout drug he had given her would wear off in about half an hour, and she would wake up... She would not get any sleep at the very least.

Taking the Orb to the Undercity, Cain was still pouting. As he headed through the Throne room, kicking a tauren on his way through, he began to formulate possible plans for proving the light to be worthless... Maybye a potion to slow the natural healing process... Or a bit of bribery - but no. To risky, nothing like that could be done untill after Phantaz had been beaten and the Sun had risen again over the world...

As he entered the Apothecarium he jumped down the stairs and slid smoothly to the Bookcase, pulling a book out and slipping a peice of parchment in reading 'Order - six titanium plates, 24 minascule titanium screws... and a piston.
Back to top Go down
Emmelìna

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 am

((Sorry for the extreme last-minute here.. Even though it's a new event, posting here so we can have like "our" thread. Smile ))

Emmelina Vali, masterful Blood Knight and effective leader of the Vile Thorn Outrunners, sat in a dark and dank room beneath the city of Silvermoon with a pile of books and documents spread on the heavy oak table. She no longer had any concept of what time it was, the vast archives having no windows. Rows upon rows of documents with registries of residents, history and maps, among other things, occupy the main body of the expanse. A single guard and a dour curator traversed the aisles, the former stoicly ignoring the Blood Knight's presence and the latter grudgingly catering to her demands. It helped to have the written consent of a Magister, she had to admit.

"Do you have any older maps of these areas?" she inquired as the curator strolled by her table. The elf grimaced, vexed.

"Why do you need those as well? These are updated, pristine maps, they will serve you well Blood Knight."

"It doesn't matter why I need them. I need them. Want me to go looking for them myself? I might forget where something was and put it back in the wrong order and chaos will ensue, you know..."

The curator sighed and, muttering curses over Blood Knights as he went, complied with the request. Dusty rolls of ancient parchment were placed in front of Emmelina, depicting the areas of Durotar and Stranglethorn in various stages of development over the past few centuries. She poured over them, painstakingly comparing the modern maps to the old.

Emmelina carefully went over the details she had seen in her dream, or vision. The lush jungle, the salty scent on the edges of the wind, the ruins and the presence of a Troll... It could only be one of very few places on Azeroth and the Light be praised for that. Emmelina didn't want to lead everyone on a wild goose chase spanning hundreds, or thousands, of miles. This was vague enough already.

After spending hours in the Silvermoon City archives the blonde paladin finally gave up and gathered the maps. She had eventually managed to bully the curator into drawing a few copies for her to take since he would not let her take the originals anywhere near the exit. Emmelina suspected he was quite relieved when she left and admittedly she hoped she would never have to go back.

Well back in the surface world, Emmelina set about to contact everyone she had seen in her vision, everyone she knew had been involved with the Brotherhood before. It was a long and arduous task and she could only hope they would all take her request seriously...

((In case I didn't catch all of you in game, forgot someone or misspelled someone's name, here's the letter sent to those whom Emme didn't get to talk to in person:

Quote :
Dear member of the Brotherhood,

It is time we start to move. Some of us have endured losses and changes, most of them unexpected and painful. It is time we once again consult the Oracle. I believe I know where she can be found and the Oracle has requested that you all be there.

Please convene in Dalaran, on the second floor of the Legerdemain Lounge (across the street from the Barber Shop) at 20:00 on the 22nd.

See you there.

-Emmelina Vali

Everyone who as signed up for this eveent and expect to be theere, should play that you have been contacted or reeceived this letter. See you all there!))

Last edited by Emmelìna on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arli

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 am

It's a bright early morning in Eversong as Arli walks from the Falconwing Inn; staying at his son's place suddenly attractive after his ban from Silvermoon. Unusually clear headed, unable to even finish drinking the night before, he opens the letter and quickly reads it, his gaze lingering on the name signed at the end.

"So it continues on" he murmers, crumpling the note and dropping it to the floor.

He hastily writes a couple of notes, frowning in concentration as he tries to express his thoughts. Finishing, he heads to catch a Dragonhawk to Undercity and onward to New Agamand, knowing the guards at Silvermoon gates are unlikely to allow him passage through to the portal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the 'Brotherhood'   

Back to top Go down

For the 'Brotherhood'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1