The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Outrunner rebellion

Go down 
+6
Rrhanjin
Lemayas
Caledar
arli
Aramorth
Emmelìna
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Emmelìna
Emmelìna

Outrunner rebellion Empty
PostSubject: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 pm

“Vali, have a seat.”

“I prefer to stand, Sir, if it’s all the same to you.”

“You never change,” the Blood Knight Champion mused, looking upon the female Knight. “Suit yourself. I have a task I want you to perform.”

“Sir?”

“Not long ago we received report that a member of the Vile Thorn physically assaulted a person belonging to one of Silvermoon’s most prominent noble houses. I sent someone to investigate and the member of the house was in poor shape, though still alive.”

Emmelina felt her heart sink at the mention of the Vile Thorn in connection to any task she had to perform. She knew that Champion Vranesh was more than aware of her affiliation with the warband and that he did not like it. She could easily guess what manner of task would be asked of her but she kept her silence for now.

“We are reasonably certain who the culprit is -- a so-called Deathmaster by the name of Terashen. You know the individual?”

She nodded.

“Good. Obviously we need this Forsaken brought to justice. The crime was committed stealthily within the city walls, well within our jurisdiction. I want you, using means at your disposal that does not involve other Blood Knights, to hunt him down and bring him to justice. Do you understand your task?”

“Yes Sir,” Emmelina nodded curtly, careful to keep her expression neutral and cool. Vranesh regarded her, studied her features and posture. The Champion was not a foolish man.

“Consider this a test of loyalty, Vali. Your involvement with the Vile Thorn has always been cause for criticism but when you chose to lead them… Let’s just say I had a hard time convincing the right people not to sell you to the dogs.”

“Understandable, Sir. My reasons were--”

“I do not care about your reasons. Justify your actions to yourself, not me. I heard you express your desire to do more honorable work again; here is your chance. Do you accept?”

“Could I have a moment to consider--”

“No. Either you accept the task as the loyal and dutiful Knight I once knew you to be, or you choose to protect the Thorns. In which case, well… I won’t defend your case again, Vali.”

Emmelina felt her mouth go dry, stomach tightening with discomfort but she allowed herself to betray nothing. “I understand, Sir.”

“I thought you might. Now, what say you?” Champion Vranesh inquired and cocked an eyebrow as he looked at her.

Feeling the walls press in around her, Emmelina knew she had to make a choice and that in reality it was no choice at all. She had spent decades of her life struggling her way to the position of respect and acknowledgement she now held as a Knight and there was no power on Azeroth that could make her give it up apart from death itself. Sadly, she feared that death would indeed be coming for her if she turned this blatantly against the Thorns. Nevertheless Emmelina nodded her pale-blonde head and stood tall.

“I understand, Sir, and will of course do as you ask.”

The Champion smiled. “I’m glad we still see eye to eye, Vali. Dismissed.”

Emmelina saluted crisply and turned on her heel to march out of the headquarters and into the bustling streets of Silvermoon. The sun beat down on her and she squinted at its glare, mounting her horse that waited outside and made her way through the scores of people to the modest house she shared with Caledar and, occasionally, Aramorth. Finally there she let her tense shoulders sink as she exhaled a deep sigh. This was not how she had wanted to take her leave from the Outrunners. Open conflict was something she had been strictly trying to avoid ever since she was given the leadership and she had done a fairly good job at it so far, in her own opinion. Vranesh had plainly made it clear she could not summon other Knights to aid her. This task was hers and hers alone and she knew exactly what he hoped would come from it; the unraveling of the Outrunners and perhaps even the Thorns as a whole. Emmelina was far from convinced that this would be the case but the fact of the matter was that she had to enlist the help of her subordinate Outrunners to even get to Terashen. Hopefully she would live long enough to actually complete the task.

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Emmelina sighed once more. She was backed into a corner and had to fight her way out of it. She could only hope there would be no bloodshed, especially not her own. Without taking a moment to sit and consider what she was doing, Emmelina set out to find her Outrunners and try to get as many as possible to see her side and aid her in the upcoming conflict bound to erupt.

OOC: Yes you should use this information IG if you are an Outrunner. Emmelina will have asked each of you to choose a side and stand with her, or stand with the unlawful Thorns. Since this would take exceedingly much time to do IG, I'm doing it like this and telling you to go ahead and use it. Reactions etc are welcome IC and feel free to ask OOC as well.
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

So many things to consider and so many roads left to explore. How could one man do all this in a lifetime, even if it was a second given one? How much pain would one have to endure to finally find some peace of mind, perhaps the quiet and calm that could balance everything out again? How was he going to help the lithe, small elf that lay aside him in the darkness of the night. Nagrand was quiet. It was that time of night when even the loudest roars had died and the smallest bird hadn’t set in its song just yet. He’d taken a liking for getting up in the middle of the night, this hours precisely, to climb atop of their home and sit and stare, listening to the big, black nothing. Pensively Aramorth did just that, his slumbering darker thoughts disrupted by those of hope and a chance to perhaps find back what had been stolen from him.

Silently he crept away from the sleeping elf, careful not to disturb her in her sleep. Caledar hadn’t been around for long but Aramorth had tried his best to keep her company and take care of her in Caledar’s absence. To repay her for all the things she’d been doing for him. She’d found a crack in the shield that was put up around his black heart and she’d shown him that maybe, just maybe, and despite of his nature, he wasn’t lost after all.

‘t Was only a couple of days ago she played that game with him where he couldn’t see her. She’d stood up high on the windowsill, calling for him and smirking as he couldn’t find her. The day before that was when they spoke of what had happened so many years ago. He’d remembered; she -made- him remember. The hope on the battlefield and the endless despair that rudely had struck it all with a mighty deathblow. His family, the families of his comrades. His comrades and their dreams. His own dreams and hopes. He’d finally refound himself. He’d finally found freedom in battling the Scourge. The memories of the little boy that brought so much joy to the tainted hearts fighting for freedom against the Scourge. Right before he died.

Thoughts like these whizzed and whirled through his mind, rebelling against everything he thought had been true for so long. He’d forgotten all about this good, living part. He’d truly become dead; cold to the touch and heartless. Like Arthas had intended to create him. Of course, the Ebon Hold.. but if you don’t understand right from wrong, then how do you know where you are? When one is so caught up in vengeance and anger, then when does one take the time to step back and think? How is one going to refind what’s been lost and moreso; how can one battle the will of the Lichking when one was recreated as a mere extension, an instrument of that same Might?

But now he remembered, thanks to her. And he was making plans.

Easily the older elf heaved himself up against the wall, using the wooden stakes on the side of the building to sprint to the top of the roof. From there he leapt onto the thickest branch of the nearby standing, massive tree. And he sat down silently in the nook where the branch disappeared into the giant’s bark.

Right now though, the specific question on his mind had little to do with his own state of mind and mental health. Emmelina had spoken of treason. The soldier in him had wanted to strike her down right there at that instance because if there was anything important, it was loyalty. Then it dawned to him that perhaps she just didn’t have a choice. He’d never had a choice and he’d done atrocious things because of it. Her words when she explained it all so clearly; he was convinced no lie could’ve ever escaped her lips. Her white golden hair, framing all that was good in her bright green eyes; he knew perfectly well that she knew about loyalty. She’d never let –him- down, despite his rude, ignorant and stupid behavior, his occasional tantrums and his boiling blood. She’d always stood there, tall and proud, reaching out to show him that things could be different too. He didn’t care for her allegiance to the Blood Knights or to the Vile Thorns, he cared for her allegiance to him.
She made him remember who he had been. She gave him back the opportunity to really live outside this dead shell Arthas gave him. How could he ever let her down?

When he leapt down from the branch, the most silent hour was over and the sun had begun slipping its way carefully through the clouds to break open the new day.

“Yeah..,” Aramorth sighed softly to himself as he walked back inside their shared house and began to make some early morning tea, “Why not.”
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:05 pm

OOC response as I am not an Outrunner.

The VTO are supposedly protectors of the Thorns and would have been recruited on that understanding. Ok so some may be IC p'd off with the way they have been treated but if that bad, they would have just got up and left. These people asked to be VTO after all, no one forced them.

So...some may take Emmelina's side, but the majority I would think would not, and a significant portion of those would go straight to Anethrax and tell her what she planned to do. Since Thorn response to a threat to the 'family' is usually to resolve a situation terminally, by the end of the first day I would have expected Emmelina, and any identified supporters, to be found dead...well...if the bodies were found at all. You remember how we dealt with that elf in UC we found spying, the one who refused to talk? That is a typical Thorn response.

Taking into account that two of Anethrax's close relatives are also VTO, this makes it a very distinct possibility that the 'rebellion' would be over very fast.

As oft quoted, Thorns is not a democracy.
Back to top Go down
Caledar
Guild Master
Guild Master
Caledar

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Well then that is all part of the RP, no? But tell me, If Ane gave you a kill order on an outrunner, you would complete it no? I don't see how this can be treated any differently, Emm needs a team to aprehend a deathmaster, you need a team to carry out Thorn tasks. anything in between is RP'd out. As far as I see it, no one is saying "we disagree that the thorns are not a democracy" What -is- being said is "We are making an event out of leaving" Its good RP and from what I understand, you want the outrunners as a support guild, gone anyway, You should be happy that you can get some final decent RP from it before it goes away...

Not that it's my business, just my 2p.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 pm

My point was that the VTO report ultimately to Ane and so are loyal to her above all others. Well they should be rp wise - VTO are still Thorns after all.

If Ane gave a Thorn (VT or VTO) an order to kill a VT/VTO then they would. If Arli gave a Thorn an order to kill another Thorn then I would expect them to raise their concern with another Deathmaster or Anethrax herself.

The democracy quote was to reinforce that the Thorns cannot take things into their own hands regarding the other Thorns or Thorn leadership - it must all be agreed by the Thorn Mistress/Master. Emmelina is a Thorn and she is taking action of her own accord against another Thorn.

I'm just raising the question over how much of a rebellion there would be, ooc, since the post said we could. I'm not stopping the rp at all, but we are all allowed an opinion and to discuss things...this is a discussion forum

Wink
Back to top Go down
Emmelìna
Emmelìna

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 pm

OOC: Fully aware of what I'm doing and so is Anethrax. I anticipated OOC concerns as well as IC ones and that's perfectly fine. Whatever happens to Emmelina because of this happens, hopefully all IC with good RP.

PS: Any and all RP outcome is fully accepted by me. I know Emme will be in deep shit when the Thorns find out, and I'm hoping to see people actually RP this all IG Wink
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh I can see there being some great rp from this and such a cool idea to rp a solution!

If only Arli could find our IC...grrr!!!
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Arli wrote:
Oh I can see there being some great rp from this and such a cool idea to rp a solution!

If only Arli could find our IC...grrr!!!

Thanks man. I know it's a bit iffy to write an IC solution around an OOC problem, but we did the best we could. I, for one, am looking forward to the results of it. Now, let's play, mm?
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Arli wrote:
The democracy quote was to reinforce that the Thorns cannot take things into their own hands regarding the other Thorns or Thorn leadership - it must all be agreed by the Thorn Mistress/Master. Emmelina is a Thorn and she is taking action of her own accord against another Thorn.

Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, that cuban bloke. If you're saying that just because something isn't a democracy, something can't be overthrown, questioned or silenced, I suggest you read your historybooks again.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:10 pm

No...I am not saying that

/sigh
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Arli wrote:
/sigh

Seconded. Thanks for the positive words though. Appreciated.
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Does every discussion have to turn into a fight?

Does every statement have to be over analysed and picked apart, rather than taken at face value?

This site is becoming a battleground, not a forum to discuss in-game stuff, ask advice on rp and just....well...chat!
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Let's just leave it at that and keep this thread open for other people to perhaps add their story.
Back to top Go down
Lemayas
Lemayas

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Aramorth wrote:

... Hitler, that cuban bloke. If you're...

If by 'That Cuban bloke' you mean Fidel Castro then he was never overthrown. he was also an improvement.

If not, ignore me.

Lem = History geek
Back to top Go down
Aramorth
Aramorth

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Lemayas wrote:
Aramorth wrote:

... Hitler, that cuban bloke. If you're...

If by 'That Cuban bloke' you mean Fidel Castro then he was never overthrown. he was also an improvement.

If not, ignore me.

Lem = History geek

I'll reply in a PM if you don't mind =) I had my reasons for naming him there.
Back to top Go down
Rrhanjin

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 am

As Rrhanjin entered the inn at Zabra’jin the innkeeper approached him.
Hey mon, ya name is Rrhanjin and ya is from Outrunner tribe?
Rrhanjin grinned: Ya got da name right mon, but its not a tribe as we Trolls are used to. It’s a warband, that’s othah kind of family mon. But why ya ask?

The innkeeper showed an envelope. Got to give ya this, if ya showed up, its orders from ya Tribe.
Thanks mon, ya got food and drink for me too? Rrhanjin tosses a gold coin to the innkeeper.
Right away mon.
Rrhanjin sits down in a quite corner, overlooking the swamps, waits till he gets his drink and food and then carefully opens the envelope.

“written orders, from a blood knight called Emmelina, leader of the Vile Thorn Outrunners, he wonders, its been a long time since Rrhanjin had contact with his war band, months ago he was teasing his raptor a bit, when Purplefang accidentally destroyed his com-link by chewing on it. Rrhanjin didn’t believe in modern technology anyway, so he didn’t get the thing repaired. If ya want me ya can always contact da spirits, that was the way he kept in contact with his younger brother Sticca and his old orcish friend and blood-brother Zock. Usin da voodoo never hurt anyone at least not till this moment.

Rrhanjin reads the orders carefully, spelling each word at least twice. Then as being hit by a stinger, he jumps up and throws the orders into the fire. “traitors he yells”. Than calming down as the innkeeper looks at him, “Good food mon, tasty and fresh” he smiles, his eyes still glowing in anger.

Whot is da plan, bringin a deathmastah to justice, who’s justice? elfen justice? He spits on the floor, who da clanleadah t’inks she iss. Rrhanjin mind travels back a long time.
Long time ago when Deadex was leading the Thorns, Rrhanjin took the Thorn oath, in the presence of three deathmasters Arli, Fleshstalker and Terashen, and now someone asked him to betray them, no way mon, gotto warn da Mistress about this.
Rrhanjin suddenly realizes his broken com-link, well that means some travelin then.

After a couple of drinks Rrhanjin takes off his tabard and carefully folds it in his backpack, then get his gear off en jumps into a hammock.

The next morning Rrhanjin leaves the inn, and whistles his raptor.
As the reptile emerges from the swamp, Rrhanjin gently pets it on the neck, “good boy, now we get ya bardin on and we izz gonna take long trip" and then continues laughing "maybe if we izz lucky we gonna taste elfenflesh”.
Back to top Go down
-Catari
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Catari looks at the papers, nodding swiftly at the young Bloodknight and dismisses him. As her eyes quickly runs over the parchment reading Emmelina's orders, she is filled with great unrest. "This could have come at a better time", she mutters to herself. The Brotherhood dont need a war right now. And the Brotherhood would be forced to war. Emmelina's work is too important to allow her to be killed by the Thorns.

"Guess that was aslong as my peace with Arli lasted". Catari sighs deeply and leans back in her chair pondering the situation. Emmelina would not accept the help of the Bloodknights, she is bound by Vranesh orders. Catari never really liked Vranesh, he always made matters more complicated than they had to be. But Emmelina would'nt be able to refuse the help of the Brotherhood.
The Shatterskulls maybe... No, Kharn would never allow an open war with the Thorns for something that isnt our problem anyway. But if Catari with her rank within the warband offered the wayward Outrunners a home on Fray, Kharn would be forced to protect them.

Catari takes out a fresh parchment and starts writing her letter to Emmelina.
Back to top Go down
Anethrax
Anethrax

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm

A chill suddenly ran down Frakus's spine as he knelt down at the two unnamed graves

"Found me then?" Frakus grunted as his glare remained fixed on the two graves "Has she sent you to find me then?" he almost hissed as he turned to meet the mounted figure

"No dear Frakus she hasnt" the young Deathknight replied as she dismounted and stepped towards the forsaken warrior "I have come to speak to you myself before my mother hears of what I have to say" at that Frakus got to his feet and turned to meet Antel.
"What do you have to say then Antel?" Frakus watched Antel as she walked towards him and tried not to notice the way she moved, It was as if he was watching Anethrax when she was alive and had gone by another name. "Brother I bring bad news from the warband, I bring word of revolt!" Antel said with sorrow in her voice.

After explaining the situation to Frakus and who had already picked sides Antel turned and looked at the two graves
"You know, She is sorry that she couldnt stop it Frakus" her eyes glanced Frakus
"Its in the past now Antel, leave it!" Frakus hissed at Antel as a flood of painful memories filled his mind.
"Im sorry Frakus" there was a pause as Antel tried to return to the orginal subject "So when shall we stand against Emmelina?"
"You will stand without me Antel, Ive had enough of the thorns throwing their weight around" Frakus looked into Antels eyes as he spoke the words that he knew would hurt her " Terashen is as bad as Arli, Orthos and the others"
"Frakus so you will stand against me ,the Thorns and your own sister?!" Antel glared at her uncle.
"I wont draw my blade in this conflict Antel for or against you" Frakus said as he turned back to the graves "Leave me now Antel!"
"You know Frakus I thought I could depend on you to fight by my side, but clearly your not what I thought you were!" at that Antel mounted her steed and rode up the hill .

"Im so sorry dear brother,but your wife and son await you" Anethrax stepped out of the shadows for a brief moment then vanished again into the darkness " But it seems I have other things to worry about for now"
Back to top Go down
http://vilethorn.guildomatic.com/
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 am

I sit in the darkness of the shadows in the rogue quarter in Undercity. The news that he Mistress told me this evening leaves me with a bitterness and anger that won't subside. Emmelina has turned against her Thorn family, and tries to gain support from other Outrunners; it is a mockery of the oath that she and they took in front of the Mistress.

I met in secrecy with my Deathmaster brothers Orthos and Neorothos and we want to take action against all that support Emmelina - both Outrunners and the Brotherhood, but we heed the words of the Mistress so we keep our blades sheathed and direct our anger into planning and preparation.

I smile grimly to myself; I know exactly who can deal with these traitors that threaten my family....and they do not fall under Horde or Thorn law. I stand up and leave the shadows, heading for the Zeppelin....time to call in a few favours...
Back to top Go down
Jaelen
Jaelen

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:15 am

Asol caws mournfully as he lingers with Emmelina, his brown-fledged wings beating a slow, steady beat.
Back to top Go down
Shriukan
Shriukan

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

As soon as Shriukan heard about Emmelina's choice he knew he would stay on her side. He knew what leaving the Outrunners meant. He had wanted to leave sooner and maybe he should have so he could have a small chance to leave peacefully. After all he only joined the Warband becuase he saw himself taking the oath in a vision. After finding out the reason for his vision ((DoA event & the Brotherhood)) he saw little to no reason to stay.
Anethrax could be the Thorn Mistress but in his eyes she was but a rogue who gave orders to a band of assassins and the Outrunners a group of bodyguards to the former. He was aware of that and took the oath anyway. But in his heart he knew that that wasn't his place.
Now that Emmelina had left, the only person he saw as a real leader and worth of protecting, he had no doubts about leaving it too... no matter the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Lemayas
Lemayas

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Lemayas leaped from the Rooftop, landing lightly on the nearby balcony. Peeking down into the alley she saw the two Outrunners she had been tracking talking in the shade of the tall buildings on both sides. Unable to make out the entire conversation from the distance, only hearing a few light words, and the name of the Outrunners Leader, Emmelina, repeated again and again. Silently she scaled the wall behind her, reaching the roof again. Below her, one of the Outrunners aimed a bolw at the other, and startled, Lem twisted to look down again. The Agresser turned, and left the alley, leaving the other spralled on the dirty ground. Sprinting after the attacker, Lem leaped agross the rooftops, the Outrunner noticing his perseuer, and sprinting away. The Outrunner crossed the wide road outside the Inn, and ducked behind the curtainscovering the promanade and towards the council buildings. Defeated, Lemayas gave up the chace. She had followed them after overhearing their conversation in the Inn, tracking them into the streets and following them from the distance of the rooftops. But she didn't like what was going on. Not one bit.
Back to top Go down
Emmelìna
Emmelìna

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

It had been more than a fortnight since the last time Emmelina had set foot anywhere near the house in Nagrand. Nineteen days spent away from anything familiar, without a single point of communication or anything that could lead the enemy to her or the two people she cared about in the world. She walked slowly along the footpath leading through the orcish town of Garadar taking in the green landscape with its familiar scents and sounds.

Nineteen days of solitude and watchfulness would have to be enough. Emmelina didn’t want to stay in hiding any longer, hadn’t wanted to hide at all. As with everything else, her actions were driven by necessity. Her last conversation with Shriukan in Dalaran had been enough to confirm her own suspicions: that the Thorns had found out what Emmelina was up to and were without a doubt going to try and hunt her down. The same evening she had packed up some rations and left with only a note to Caledar and Aramorth that she was going away for a while, and why. Emmelina was almost certain that Caledar had set out searching for her. She would have done the same if he had pulled a vanishing number on her.

Emmelina was a knight, a warrior and a fighter, and lurking in the shadows away from civilization was a hard blow to her pride. She was not much of a scout, but her careful investigation of Silvermoon and Undercity the past two days made her reasonably certain that the other Outrunners were safe. Rumor had it Shriukan had joined the Marauders, and it was possible others had as well. It was time to go home, and after almost three weeks wearing them, she was now determined to set fire to the leathers she was in and never touch another piece again. Never had she thought she would long for the oppressive immobility plate offered, but there she was.

A charred scent tickled her nostrils as she drew closer to the home she shared with the two men. As quiet as she could she crossed the small bridge over the stream that trickled past, eventually forming into a short waterfall, and turned up the path to the front of the house. She stood in the doorway and let her eyes take in the chaos the men had managed to create in the time she had been away. Her gaze eventually settled on Aramorth’s back which was turned away while he concentrated on something that might once have been a fish.

“Burning your dinner again, old man?” Emmelina was almost startled at the sound of her own voice, unfamiliar and loud after the quietude she had resided in for almost three weeks. Aramorth turned around quickly and narrowed his cold hard eyes at her.

“Don’t recognize me?” she asked, raising one slender eyebrow even though she wasn’t surprised. The figure hugging leathers were covered in dirt and dust and, Emmelina guessed, so was her face. The formerly long tresses of her pale-blonde hair were gone, crudely cut short and tousled so she wouldn’t be so easily identified as General Emmelina, the traitor. She ran a hand through the hair, self-conscious.

“Emmelina?..”

“In the flesh.”

The death knight stared at her, his hard features unreadable. He gestured to the blackened fish on the table beside him. “Hungry?”

“Yes, but as usual your food looks as appetizing as poison to me.”

“Suit yourself,” he shrugged and turned his back again. Emmelina felt the corner of her mouth curve in a half smile in melancholy amusement. She had expected no different from him. Stepping over the threshold she came further into the room. Instinctively her eyes went for the corners and windows where Caledar used to linger.

“Where is Cale?”

“Icecrown. Been there for a week or so now.”

“Alone?”

“He is now.”

“You were with him then? Why did you leave him alone?”

“He’s a big boy, Emmelina. He can take care of himself.”

Emmelina pursed her lips and refrained from speaking her mind, going to find some fresher clothes and her tabard instead. She didn’t want to spend her first minutes back arguing with Aramorth, although there was scarcely anything that was more familiar than bickering with the death knight. With her things in hand she went out the back way, stepping onto soft grass.

“I’m going to go wash up. Keep an eye out, would you?”

“Sure. I’ll be here. Er… Emmelina?”

“Yes?” She glanced over her shoulder.

“Good to see you’re not, er, dead. Welcome home.”

She smiled, a faint but genuine gesture of appreciation, before heading down the hill to the base of the waterfall. She was home.
Back to top Go down
Caledar
Guild Master
Guild Master
Caledar

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Sat alone in a tent in the Argent Crusade camp on the outskirts of Icecrown, Caledar moodily contemplated the events of the past fortnight or so. He had been in Icecrown for around a week now, keeping a low profile, while being close to sources of news. He was incredibly anxious for Emmelina’s safety, having tried to find her the previous week, scouring Azeroth’s continents, and even The Outlands, before deciding he too should perhaps lay low while the Outrunner unrest was in full heat. There were old scores that needed settling, and Cale did not want to wake up to a knife in the back because of them. He grumbled uneasily to himself, wishing that she had not been so stubborn about accepting the Warband comm device he tried to give her. This was exactly the reason he had wanted her to possess the thing, in case something bad happened.

He had been accompanied for the past week by Aramorth, who, when they did venture out on a scourge hunt occasionally, was a great help in a fight. Aramorth had returned to their Nagrand home however, with the promise of informing Cale of any news on Emmelina. He had insisted on returning, because he believed nothing would come of the rebellion and that they were all beyond any repercussions.
So it was, that Cale now turned his thoughts again to Emmelina, resolving to yet again search for her, though he believed it was a wasted effort, she was apparently very good at covert operations herself. He did not believe for a second that she had been captured or killed, though he still worried for her.

Suddenly, Cale was startled out of his pensive state by the crackling of his comms in his ear. He instantly recognised Aramorth’s voice on the other end, sounding toneless, as usual.
“She’s back, you might want to get here.”

Caledar did not waste time with a response, jumping to his feet and running out of the tent, shouting for his dragon steed. He would go home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outrunner rebellion   Outrunner rebellion Empty

Back to top Go down

Outrunner rebellion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Venture Co. RP Forum :: Active Roleplay - General :: The Storybook-
Jump to: