The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Atropine
Atropine

Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn Empty
PostSubject: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Chapter 1
((The start of a Thorn))

“Slyvixen, step forward”

The rogue stood up slowly, moving forward until she was in position, then she dropped gracefully to one knee, respectfully lowering her head to the Leader of the Thorns.

For a moment there was no movement apart from the wind touching her hair and ruffling the edge of her Thorn Mask, then a soft sound from a leather boot somewhere behind her.

“Are you ready to take The Oath?”

“Yes Mistress, I am ready”

Heart pounding the rogue took her oath, feeling the breath of responsibly on each word from her mouth.

“You may step back.”

Moving back to her former position against the wall, she felt pride wash over her in a hot wave as she dropped to one knee respectfully with her fellow Thorns.

Fireworks began around them, marking the special occasion.

For the new Thorn it was a special occasion indeed, and it began in a place called Brill, with the offering of a Comms device, but to understand the occasion you would have to go back, much further back, to a happy home in an undisclosed location in the trees.

Her earliest memory of her Mother was the warmth of her arms folding around her. As she grew a little older the sound of Mothers singing would make her heart fill up as she sat listening, holding her blue teddy that Father brought back from his travels to a far off City...

It was only later that she heard the rumours and hide her real identity, after the sound of singing would turn to screaming in the dark of her dreams.

after…the scary night…

…and the beginning of her fight to survive…

She was awakened by raised voices that night, sleepily she heard her Father, then another voice, very harsh to her young ears, shouting above her Fathers.

A scream, Mothers…

The little Elf sat up in alarm, clutching her teddy to her as her Mother continued to scream.

Swinging her legs, she hopped to the ground and ran towards the sound of voices.

There was a man in the room with Father, it looked like they were dancing, holding each other’s wrists and pushing each other around.

Turning round and round, Father saw her and shouted to flee and the last thing she saw were his eyes, bright with anger as he danced around with the stranger.

Dawn was breaking before she finally crawled out of her hiding place, earlier a figure had walked past her with a whisper of cloth, searching for something in the dark, perhaps a scared little Elf who didn’t want to be found?

Moving carefully the Elf picked her way towards home, towards her Family.

The smell of blood touched her before she entered the room…

She felt shaky inside…knowing she had nowhere to go…knowing she had to see...to know…hoping she was wrong…

…But she wasn’t…

Her Father lay where he had finally died, his arms around his mate, who lay twisted beneath him...Her beautiful Mother, covered in their blood.

Sinking to her knees the Elf stayed motionless for a lifetime, the image of her slaughtered Parents burning its way into her mind, and deeper yet, marking her soul.

Her next memory was walking through trees, clutching her teddy, and a shout as someone ran towards her, hands grabbing at her, sudden fear making her flee towards the lake.

Later she woke curled up inside a bush, her teddy under her head as her pillow.

~They say we all adapt to our environment, they call this survival of the fittest, and perhaps they are correct?~

The feral Elf had learnt a lot scavenging the forests, but her life had changed when she had started hanging around Silvermoon. Taking what she needed without being seen she slowly learnt how to control her visibility, or lack of it.

She had always been able to step “behind sight” but never when she wanted to, now she found herself becoming confident, more in control, until finally she used it to pick her first pocket, the first of many.

Taking the street name Shadow to protect her identity, she started hiding “behind sight” and listening to the rumours and whispers uttered by those who thought they were alone.

A confusing background began to emerge about her Family and her Father's possible involvement with the Alliance. The rumours around them grew thicker with each telling,

"Maybe he was working undercover to break an Alliance infiltrator hidden deep in Horde territory,"

"Maybe he was helping in the development of a secret elixir for the Alliance, helped by his mate who was secretly Keldorei"

"Yet another, Was his rise in power a threat leading to his subsequent elimination, was it by those higher than him or those with a sinister agenda somehow found out by him."

She didn’t know the truth any more than they did, didn’t even know if she would ever find this truth, and would it matter now if she did? When he was already dead, and far beyond her help. The young Elf finally locked her past away deep inside her, where it only came out in the nightmares of her sleep.

Then she began to hear tell of something called Vile Thorn, led by a powerful Mistress. The more she heard of the Thorns and what they represented, the more she felt drawn to them, until Shadow made a decision to request a place with them.

Working hard to develop the skills she would need to have a chance with the Thorns, she began to venture further and further from Silvermoon, pushing herself, not always winning her fights, but coming back again and again until she did win them.

The day dawned when she came of age and left her street name behind, taking her Adult name of Slyvixen, finally brave enough to approach the Thorns secure in the knowledge her family and past were buried with the bodies.

It was cold in the cemetery that day as she stood looking down at the Comms device being offered to her, so much had happened in her short life, and yet, she was being offered a new beginning, she was being accepted and given a chance to prove herself.

Standing there she realised there was more to life than revenge, here were others like her, doing what she could do, only they called it stepping into the shadows, not behind sight as she had done.

Breathing deeply she took the device and lifted it to her ear, at first putting it in the wrong way, fumbling a little she put it in the right way and heard that first crackle, and her Leaders voice, followed by the rest of the Thorns, giving her welcome.

From that first moment on so much had happened to her...

Turning her thoughts inwards she went over some of the things in her mind...

Her first hunt, not the most successful of attempts, but very satisfying by the end, to her battles with the Defias Brotherhood, and the Thorn who stood by her side as she fought for the right to wear her Thorn Mask, her Brother was the first to see her in it.

And last night, she stepped into Brill at the young age of 179 and claimed her Thorn mount, standing stroking its bony head for what seemed ages before jumping lightly up on its back to ride towards Undercity.

Outside the front gates of Brill Sly encountered a passing Mage, levels above her, who lay down a duel challenge.

It was a very short encounter, with the Mage discovering the hard way that a well coated blade can slow a long distance attack and a water elemental's freeze cannot stop a rogue from stepping into the shadows and appearing behind the main target to claim victory with a quick thrust of the blade.

With a smile Sly turned her thoughts to the coming night and headed towards her secret place, hoping the nightmares would let her rest this night in peace.

(Edit: 10/03/2011)
(Age changed to reflect Elf years.)
(Birthplace changed from Silvermoon's for chronological accuracy.)
(General cosmetic changes added including Mothers race mystery.)

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Chapter 2
((First BG))

Gates drop with a clatter!

Moving swiftly away from my shadow point I go into the unfamiliar tunnel, ahead of me I see another rogue pacing the shadows and for a moment we are moving together.

*Feet hitting the ground*

To my right.

I turn.

I am ready.

...and a troll races past me, intent on taking glory in this battle...

Moving my back to the tunnel wall I take a moment to expand my senses.

Feeling my body balance,

Freeing my mind of thoughts.

I hear the clash of steel at the end of the tunnel and the sound of magic sizzling the air.

A bolt misses and enters the tunnel, spending itself harmlessly against the wall.

I breath in, lips apart, the taste of magic in the air makes my nose tingle.

A target surges into the tunnel, riding a feline mount.

I feel my heart jerk inside my chest as excitement flushes against the adrenalin in my blood, suddenly my feet feel hot inside my boots.

*body changes position for the fight ahead*

His mount throws him and he takes to the ground, chasing the flag I protect.

Alone...

Running towards me...

I feel the smile touch my lips...

Closer...

He moves past my mental boundary, I sap faster than a striking snake,

*He stumbles and slows, stops, his face confused*

Sudden realisation in his eyes.

He is mine now, and he knows he is dead...I smell it on his skin.

I come in closer to him...feeling the heat from his swaying body.

Counting slowly in my mind, I see him start to recover, his fingers move, I watch...

I want to sap him again, play with him, let him feel fear like he has not felt before...

Yet, I simply watch him as he becomes responsive.

*He breaks and runs*

I follow as he flees towards the flag room, excitement tightens my stomach and I become the Shadow Runner, bursting my speed so I can get past him into the room...

Jump...

Spin...

Blades to hand...

It’s a tight space, he’s too close to me,

I have misjudged the distance,

I pivot on one foot, feeling the strain on my ankle,

Balancing my body weight to bring me behind him.

*And my blades flash*

A fine patter of blood sprays over my ear as he drops to the ground with a soft groan.

His red blood is marking the floor and I see him painfully turn his head in my direction.

I walk slowly forward, allowing him a full view of me, wanting him to know who took his life today...

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Chapter 3
((Second thoughts about the future))

Sly sits watching the sun playing on the surface of the ocean. Down below a figure rides into view, dismounts on the shoreline and begins fishing.

The deep reflective moment broken, she looks to the horizon and gives a deep sigh.

Her thoughts are confused, over the last week she has been placed in a difficult situation, one that she cannot do anything about.

With troubled eyes Sly lifts her face into the breeze, feeling its gentle touch cooling her and drying her tears.

Her Thorn mask is lying soft in the palm of her hand as she sits alone and watches the sun go behind a cloud.

Uncertain about her future, Sly closes her eyes and waits.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anethrax
Anethrax

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:07 am

Great stories Slyvixen. Nice to see a BG written down in that way, would love to see you doing AV in the same way
Back to top Go down
http://vilethorn.guildomatic.com/
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 am

Chapter 4
((Hunting alone in STV))

I look up at the wall, taking note of the sharp wooden spikes along the top.

Inside the wall there are four humans clearly in the open, so far it all seems very simple, well apart from the four being within sight of one another, but a little diversion will take care of that problem.

I have already spent over an hour hidden near their camp watching the single building inside for signs of life but nothing suggests there is any. I'm suddenly aware of how restless I'm feeling, it’s been days since my last hunt and I'm eager for contact.

Shifting a little I ease into a new position so I can see the only threat that I know nothing about, the fifth human inside the wall. He is standing at ease near the take off point and I can just make out the mark of a Master branded on the back of his neck.

I'm starting to wonder what would be so valuable to these people that they would set such a high ranking guard on it, or am I wrong about the ‘it’ could he be protecting a person hidden inside the building I wonder.

I am a little distracted tonight thinking of my conversation with the Thorn Mistress, talking to her had set certain things right for me and I once again wear my Thorn mask, knowing I made the right choice.

My attention is drawn back to the marked man and I study him curiously from my hiding place in the shadows. He is not the type of man who attracts attention and I take in as many details as I can. Everything is brown, from his boots to his hair...

“Damn…”

I catch a glimpse of a metal sleeve, a flexible sheath over the right arm that protects the wearer and becomes a formidable weapon when needed. I have only ever heard of them and never seen one. This changes the situation.

Why would a man wearing the mark of a Master be using such a rare and expensive weapon such as this? Now I'm certain I need to find out more, if the answer is of no use to the Thorns then it will be of use to someone with gold to pay.

I need to be careful, he is not going to be an easy target at all, and inside I feel the excitement burst up. I love a challenge, it sets my pulse racing.

My Mistress drifts back into my thoughts, our last talk she had seemed different, not her usual self and I didn’t want to admit it but I was becoming increasingly concerned about her.

One of the men turns my way as he patrols, he’s close enough for me to stun him and with a quick movement I complete that thought, watching him take the sap and stumble.

He’s semi conscious, almost falling off his feet… just on the edge, with a smile I feel proud of a job well done, this one is perfect with just the right amount of flick in my wrist.

A quick search of his pockets reveals nothing of interest so I move along the inside of the wall, leaving him feeling confused and unsure of what just happened. I have already chosen my second target, just a little closer and he will not know what hit him…

“Intruder in the camp!”

“Damn…”

I have to get out before one of these humans blunders into me hidden in the shadows...

The marked man is running towards the front gate...

Good he’s trying to block an escape in the wrong place...

I turn towards the back gate which I can see is still clear...

As I begin to move he changes course and comes towards me, suddenly I realise he can see me...

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qore
Qore

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:54 am

(( more more!! ))
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 am

Chapter 5
((Saved by the Forsaken))

The white drake came in low, dropping to the ground outside the tunnel into Undercity. The undead rider walked in and his mount followed, both were tired and in need of rest. They were almost at the end of the tunnel when the rider gave the command to stop and walked on alone to investigate a pile of rags on the floor.

Using the toe of his boot he turned it over and realised it was the body of a female Elf, seeing the blood on her he kept his gloves on and turned her face towards him. Fear filled green eyes looked out of the bruised flesh above the red mask she wore. Even weak and injured the Elf was still dangerous, and his blood joined hers on the floor of the tunnel.

“She was near the sewers Priestess, I have taken her weapons so you may help her without risk.”

The Elf was drifting in and out of awareness as the Priestess examined her.

"Death Knight, my healing alone is not powerful enough for this, go to Orgrimmar and find the Druidess in the valley of wisdom, tell her Darkleader seeks her assistance."

I am trembling as I struggle against the pain, my body is shutting down from shock and I'm afraid of these strangers around me.

“…lost a lot of blood, I don’t…”

The world is fading away and I am back in the nightmares, unable to escape.

The human hits me again and again, knocking me off my feet until I am too weak to fight. The other guard’s faces are aloof as they stand watching. I cannot escape him, everywhere I turn he is waiting.

*Something touches me in the dark and I scream...running...a figure is standing ahead of me...help me please...it turns and I see a dead face with the mark of a Master branded into it*

"NooOOooo..."

“Hold her, she’s bleeding again.”

"Lay still Elf! You are not helping the healers..."

Something is holding my hands and I try to bite myself free as I go back where I don't want to be.

I'm on the ground please leave me alone, but he stands over me, I'm frightened as I see his cold brown eyes looking at the damage he has caused. He reaches for me with the metal encased hand and I see he is amused.

*Running, again...towards a dark figure...I reach out and touch her shoulder, as she turns I see the Masters symbol branded on her pale face*

"NoOoooOOoooo..."

"Take her colours to the Crest Master and find out what you can, go now Death Knight."

Her hands are soft and cool against my face as she covers my eyes, gently healing me.

"Darkleader, these are the colours of the Thorn Mistress."

"One of her Assassins, are you certain?"

Their voices are fading and I am there again, with him.

I begin to scream and he stops, he has finally broken me, I just want the oblivion of death now. Thrown over his saddle I watch blood dripping down my arms. Finally he pushes me off his flying mount with his boot and I fall face down onto cold stone.

*I am running...the figure turns...the Thorn Mistress offering me water...I take her hand and trace a Masters symbol branded on her palm as she fades into the shadows*

With a start I open my eyes, it takes a few moments before the pain reminds me I am alive. Slowly turning my head I see my naked arm streaked in dry blood, I can't stop shivering. My voice is cracked and I try to ask for my blades, I cannot feel them, a movement and I scream silently, seeing my fist clench in fear.

With gentle hands the Shadow Priestess cradles my head and pours a little water into my mouth, my throat is too raw to swallow and I choke.

Drifting down into the darkness again I hold the image of my blades in my mind as long as I can before I am lost once more to the nightmares.

Teh Vixen

es.

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:57 am

Chapter 6
((Recover and the Death Knight))

With my eyes closed I smell the dry sweet scent of the undead, I’m uncertain of what I will find as I slowly open them. I see my Thorn mask folded neatly under my Comms device inside the arch of my bow and with a sinking feeling I note there are still no blades.

“What is your name Elf?”

I'm startled by the voice from the doorway and see a Forsaken standing motionless watching me. He shows no threat so I continue taking in my surroundings.

I have been dressed in a common robe and remembering all the blood, I can see I have been cleaned, someone has been kind to me.

“Where are my blades?”

“They are safely out of your reach, my Lady.”

I study the undead for a moment, he is dressed in plate and from the light red aura around him I see he is a blood Knight...wearing the colours of the Ebon Blade.

“Just give me what is mine and I will be on my way Death Knight.”

He glances out the door before he answers me.

“You have been rather a handful my Lady, and you are under my ~protection~ until we find out a little more about you and your injuries.”

His attitude begins to irritate me and I want to leave, I need to get out of the city and go where I cannot be found.

“I do not know what happened to me, now give me my blades and I will be on my way.”

Without a word he takes them from his belt and walks to me, handing them over handle first. I have nowhere to place them in my robe so swinging my legs over I sit a moment to let the dizzy feeling pass, then stand carefully.

Swaying I realise I am very weak, and my knees begin to fold. I am surprised at how strong he is when he takes me around the waist, supporting my back against his plate covered chest. This close the dry sweet smell is stronger and it should be unpleasant, but I don’t find it so.

"Are you sure you wish to leave us so soon assassin?"

Leaning forward I take my belongings, aware as I do that this arrogant undead has not let me go. A thought comes to mind, he must have seen me naked, and I feel embarrassment colour my cheeks as I step hastily away from him and use the wall for support instead.

"How long have I been here and has anyone come looking for me?"

He does not try to help me again and I hold what belongs to me in an awkward way, trying not to drop my bow at his feet.

"A couple of days now my Lady and your Mistress has not been informed, yet..."

My attention is drawn to the side of his neck where I see a long half healed wound, it is strange that a healer did not help him to recover from a slash like that.

"Your mark my Lady, you turned your blade on me when I found you, the poison you used will leave me with a scar."

There is no anger in his eyes, he is simply stating a fact but I do not remember injuring him.

"Seems I have been nothing but trouble then Death Knight, I'm sure you will be well rid of me."

Walking is an effort, but I make it out the room and head towards the trade centre of Undercity, passing silently through the passages and over the canal. A few provisions later and I am almost ready to leave, there is just one last thing I need to do now.

She is lying on her back asleep, hands folded over her breast. Moving silently in the shadows I take the small sack and place it on the bench beside her, allowing it to rest very gently so the gold does not make a sound and wake her.

Taking a last look at the Shadow Priestess I slip out the room and make my way up to the surface. An hour later I obtain a new mount from an unsuspecting owner and leave the area, it’s time for me to recover, somewhere no one can find me, not even a Thorn.

At the bottom of my travel sack my Comms device lays wrapped in my Thorn mask, while I travel I am just another Elf on a strider, I am not yet ready for contact with my fellow Thorns.

A small camp fire lights the inside of the cave, I have been here a week as I let my body recover from the beating. I am becoming strong again but I can never escape, he will always be in my mind, waiting in my dreams with that metal sleeve flashing, mixed with me screaming in pain.

I glance towards the entrance, the undead is still standing there motionless, how he followed me I don't know, but I can’t seem to get rid of him. He is called Sarcophagus, his name means flesh eater and he does recycle what he kills, much to my horror.

My mind strays back to the human, I never begged him for anything other than death, he may have broken my body, but he never broke my spirit. When I am stronger I will go back and take my revenge, he will wish he never found me that night, that is my promise to myself.
Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Chapter 7
((Outlands and the Dead Rose))

I relax back on the small natural ledge overlooking the pools, I still cannot bring myself to ignore the smell from this corrupt place and contemplate killing Arazzius for the tenth time today. I know it won’t help but it will make me feel better about my new hiding place which, apart from the smell, is rather pleasant.

Sarcophagus finally made a mistake. Never let your guard down around a Thorn or you will find yourself either dead or ill, I still prefer dead. He never realised the accidental nick from my blade was deliberate until he slid slowly down to the ground with me standing over him, watched the depth fade from his bright eyes, maybe he didn't even realise then.

I feel the laughter and let it out silently, no use giving my location away, not in a hostile place like this. I watch idly as three blistering rot suck their way over to a bubbling pool, wondering for a moment if that’s what a family looks like or is it some sort of rotten harem.

When I finally felt ready to put my Comms unit on after the recovery, I did my best to slip back unnoticed which as it turned out was impossible with our vigilant Deathmasters. I got questioned but so far I have kept all the important information to myself, at least for now. I need to find out more about this human before I involve anyone else, especially any Forsaken in the Thorns.

I am very concerned about Undercity, was I meant to be a message for the Banshee Queen or did the human hope a passing undead would discover me and enjoy a tasty snack? Why did the Knight and his Healer not inform my Mistress, or did they inform her and she is waiting to see how loyal I am? I have so many questions that I don’t know where to begin looking for answers. I know Thorn protects Thorn, we are loyal to our Mistress but I also know I have been playing this one alone, not because I don't trust them but because I fear this could cause trouble for her.

“The Overlook has been taken by the Alliance!”

The cry is loud over the land and from nearby I hear an Elven voice let loose with some choice profanity. Interested, I look over the ledge to find a hunter standing frowning and from the slime around his ankles it seems he wiped out a harem. Mounting up he heads towards Arazzius, silently I wish him good luck and hope he resuscitates his pet before he races to do battle with the bad tempered Eredar.

The sun feels so good after the gloom of the cave that I take off my gear and stretch out on the small ledge, allowing myself to relax fully for the first time in what feels like forever. My mind turns to my last mission and the events that unfolded from the time I found Yazs sitting resting in the peace of the graveyard.

Lycal of the Dead Rose decided to approach her when she was vulnerable and alone, not realising she had three Thorns at her side waiting in the shadows. He had guts to come to her like that but perhaps he should have brought backup. I feel the laughter again as I remember him standing there thinking it was just the two of them while the three of us circled him with drawn blades watching his every move.

For a human he showed a lot of resilience to our polite ‘requests’ for information, then again I am starting to think humans are a little slow to catch on. He’s lucky his life was spared by our need for what he has, I like my human’s dead but that’s just a personal preference. My Brother finally had to take me away and distracted me so I didn’t kick him to death trying to get him to talk.

Risin, I glance at the swords hiding their sheen under my cloak beside me on the ledge, reaching out I touch one sun warmed handle and smile softly.

The human managed to escape, perhaps Risin distracted me a little too well as I was off my guard when he attacked Yazs. Even injured he was fast on his feet, but I guess fear does that to you, he knew if we pulled him down he was a dead man. We regrouped and made sure Yazs was not badly injured, discussing what had taken place when we were interrupted by the arrival of Tamrin, he was not alone but from the moment he dismounted I began feeling dizzy.

Thinking I was injured, I searched for blood which I couldn't seem to find, until I realised the world had drifted away leaving a soft low sensual voice, echoes drifting gently around me as the voice grew stronger, pulling me towards it until there was nothing else in existence.

“Sly! Come on run, we have to leave here!”

“Come on Sister mount up, now!”

I couldn’t speak, watching the Warlock as the voice swirled around and around asking questions so fast that I couldn't think the answers quick enough, falling deeper I didn’t want to follow anybody, anywhere, just wanted to stay with the powerful Warlock and the sensual voice in my head.

I realised I was in Brill only when Risin touched my shoulder, breaking the hold the voice had on me. A little frightened I tried to explain it to him but his eyes became confused and unfocused. Then the Warlock walked past the doorway to the inn and it became obvious my Brother was hearing it too. Finally, exhausted we moved into the shadows and escaped to Undercity for rest, sleeping hidden. Thorn guarded Thorn through the night as we took turns watching over the other sleeper. The last instruction from my Comms was directly from my Deathmaster, "Turn it off and await further instruction," seems the voice has complicated something or created a threat of some kind, but perhaps it’s good to not know what I don’t know until we find a solution to all this.

Having little to do but wait, Risin and I left Undercity and travelled into the crater on a mission to meet with an elderly Knight, he needed help with some dragons so we kindly lent our blades to his cause and in return he granted us a blessing fit for a King. The crater seems a good place for a hideout if I ever need to escape and I have a few places marked for such an emergency, courtesy of the old Knight.

I know I should fill my mission and take my objectives back from the Alliance but the sun has made me drowsy up on my ledge and I feel the need for sleep...

...better sit up and get something on.

Shrugging into my battle gear I gently place my swords into their carry and secure them, then put my daggers to my belt with poisons applied, its not far to the overlook and I know I'm making good time. No sight of anything kill-able so I'm guessing whoever took the objective has left it unguarded. A check of the surroundings confirms this so I step out the shadows and lean casually against the pole, waiting for the flag to go red.

The Horde have taken the Overlook!

Into the shadows and away from my shadow point, wouldn't want someone accidentally revealing me in my last seen position, that would be unprofessional. My trap is set, I can settle down and wait for an unsuspecting enemy to try and challenge my right to control this little piece of Horde territory.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yazs
Yazs

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

(( Psst, don't be so awesome! ))
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:36 pm

((Psst, your my inspiration!))
Back to top Go down
Yazs
Yazs

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

(( You're one of those who made my story happen, beat that! ))
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Chapter 8
((The death of Darkleader))

Folding the purple dress I put it with the others in my bank vault, pausing a moment I feel a little blush creep up my cheeks at the piles of leisure wear I have collected.

It seems Undercity has come under attack and all around me I hear more and more voices taking up the cry to alert the Guards. Casually I close my personal vault and politely thank the forsaken helper before stepping into the shadows. I have taken a risk coming to Undercity after what happened to me but it’s the closest vault to my current destination and I need to drop off anything that could slow me down if I need to escape the area in a hurry.

Moving up the ramp towards an exit my attention is drawn to the attackers as they burst into the middle of the city, heading towards the Bankers where the City Guards are already in place inside the vault complex waiting for them. I can clearly see two alliance hunters ploughing their way through all opposition in their path aided by two vicious snarling pets. Deciding it could be fun to watch them die for their stupidity I stay, lost among the growing crowd along the upper ledge as the hunters engage the Guards.

The pets stand no chance and as the Guards push forward I see one hunter drop, dead before his body touches the stone. The second hunter has his bow up as the wall of Guards hit him, knocking him backwards just as he releases his shot.

I don’t see the arrow as it goes directly up into the crowd on the ledge but I hear it hit home with a solid thud. The watchers start to push one another around in an attempt to move back which give me the opportunity to push in closer to them to find out what’s happened.

I peer between two bodies and see her lying on a suddenly clear area on the ledge, the shaft of the arrow protruding from her shadowy face. For a moment I don’t recognise her, but moving into the shadows and getting closer I realise it’s the Priestess who saved my life when I was attacked by the human.

There is a commotion in the watchers as the Death Knight shoves his way towards her through the curious crowd, dropping to his bony knees he lifts her into his arms and gently cradles her. The dark blood wells up around the shaft of the arrow in her right eye and drips off the back of her head down to his knee, slowly forming a sinister puddle beneath them.

“Darkleader…”

The Death Knight’s voice is a gentle whisper as he holds her but his eyes are blazing like twin moons above her damaged face. Carefully I move even closer in the shadows so I can take a better look at the injured Priestess. It becomes obvious from the muscle tremors that her injury is too serious for her to recover and the undead being what they are I know it’s going to take a while before she finally releases her hold and goes back to where she once escaped.

I have two choices, leave her to die a slow agonised death or be merciful.

I never thought I would have to use the weapon hidden inside my boot, especially not on one who showed me kindness when I was too weak to protect myself. Taking the slim blade out I glance at its oiled surface as I reach into my carry for one of my poison squares. The blade is a work of art carefully created by me for those specialised jobs that require discretion. Choosing a half used poison pouch, I check the colour of the outer leather to make sure I have the right one for the job at hand. My blade slides into the surface of the leather at an angle so the hole will close once it’s withdrawn with its lethal load, and I squeeze gently to increase the amount of poison covering the once oily surface before replacing the pouch carefully in my carry.

“Priestess…please remember your promise to me, fight this …please…for me”

The Sarcophagus is shaking as he gently touches the shaft of the arrow with a bony finger and I look into his emotionless face feeling strangely sorry for his coming loss. Slipping a hand below her head I find the soft spot at the back of her neck and then replace my questing fingertip with the sharp end of the narrow blade. It slides into place along her top spinal bone and up into her skull without any resistance, the small opening guiding the blade where it needs to go. Allowing it to rest in position just long enough to deliver the large dose of poison I finally slide it free and carefully clean it before putting it back into my boot. The mark will not be discovered and if it is I will not be traced.

Moving back from them I wait in the shadows, looking idly down at the cooling bodies of the two hunters on the stones below as her tremors slow and finally stop altogether. He has not let her body go but the realisation she is dead finally reaches him and with a heartbreaking scream he throws his head back, face twisted in pain as he tries to cry from eyes that cannot. Time for me to leave, I consider giving him a dose too but knowing he is a Knight of the Dark Lady persuades me to turn my back and leave him to his private hell.

Using the shadows I head up into the fresh air where I stand trying to get the echo of his voice out my head. Above me a zeppelin makes its final approach to the tower and I head towards it and my delayed mission into alliance territory to track a Dead Rose.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Chapter 9
((The Keldorei and the Draenei))

The druid is hovering over the trees opposite my hiding place, carefully searching the ground beneath it. Ignoring the bird I look back at the Inn and see the girl walking out, its the same girl they used as bait to lure Yazs into the open when they captured her. She stands near the fence for a while as if waiting, then Lycal comes out of the Inn behind her and I realise she was waiting for him. They walk to a tree where he sits, back against the trunk while he talks up to her.

The druid drifts back over Goldshire towards me forcing a swift departure as I seek refuge from its prying eyes, and once its gone I move back towards my spot looking for my targets. They are where I last saw them, now both are sitting side by side with their backs to the tree trunk looking deep into each others eyes as they talk.

Suddenly a tall Draenei bursts out the door to the Inn and strides elegantly away into the trees with a Kaldorei rushing to catch up with her. Leaving my spot before the druid returns I quietly follow them towards a small pool of water. The Draenei is obviously angry when stopping she swings round and backhands the Kaldorei knocking her to the ground where she lays without defending herself. Interested in the turn of events I slip closer in the shadows and finally stop in a bush so I can see them better.

The Kaldorei stands up slowly and I get a good look at her face, I know this Kaldorei, she should be dead not standing bleeding from a cut lip in Goldshire. The last time I saw her was in the forest around Darnassuss where she blundered into me in cat form as I explored the area. Wounded she had fled from me and I had tracked her blood trail for a very long way before finally running her down, naked and dying in the grass.

After I had wounded her so badly I had made sure my work would succeed, kneeling beside the Kaldorei I had put my blade deep into her belly with parlysing poison on it, making sure she could not heal herself before she bled out. That mixed with the poison already on my blades that prevented her from healing fully should have been enough to secure her death. How did she live and why was she in Goldshire allowing an arrogant Draenei to hit her around like that? I turn my attention to the other figure, taking in as much detail as I can.

The Draenei is dangerous, the way she stands I can see she is ready to kill and I think twice about taking her on my own. Words are exchanged between them and I wish I could understand what is being said, then with a final angry look the Draenei turns and walks back to the Inn leaving the Kaldorei alone by the pool. This is going to be too easy for me, but just as I start to break cover I hear footsteps and see an approaching human. He goes to the Kaldorei taking her hand, speaking softly to her and I hear him repeat the word Celtiana. Together they leave the pool and walk towards the Inn, her hand on his arm hints they are more than friends.

My work is done here, I have found my target and I need to put in my report to my Mistress. As I leave the area I decide to let my fellow Thorns know about the Kaldorei, perhaps one of them knows how she came to be in Goldshire when she should be dead.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drilac'n
Mod
Mod
Drilac'n

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 pm

((Going great!))
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Chapter 10
((Revenge tastes good))

It is done, the Kaldorei is dead.

I don't take failure lightly.

She was taking ore samples, back to me hidden in the shadows. No chance to avoid my swift attack and by the time she realised she was damaged my poison had hit her central nervous system crippling her.

For this one I took my time, enjoying watching her frightened eyes looking at me as she lay helpless. The forest was so peaceful around us as I honed the edges of my blades, making sure I was sitting where she could see me.

Finally tired of the game I had finished the job, taking off her head and leaving it neatly between her folded hands before I left the area.

Try getting up from that one Kaldorei.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Chapter 11
((The dream))

The soft sound of his breathing in the semi dark room makes me feel surprisingly safe. Turning onto my back I lay looking up at the canopy over the bed where the blue has deepened to black in the night. It feels strange lying on a soft bed, warm and comfortable in a home I am now free to call my own.

His breath warms my shoulder and I turn to look at his face beside me. He looks almost blurred in this light and once again I am surprised to see he doesn’t relax fully in sleep, almost like he would spring up fully alert if someone were to come into his home. I suppress a content sigh and move closer to his warmth, allowing myself to get drowsy and drift towards sleep.

~The air shimmers with a purple haze, coming from a pulsating shard standing upright on the dark ground. The Forsaken male is hanging in the air with his arms up. Purple light locks his hands, creating an arc of energy towards the human woman opposite him. She too hangs in the air, head thrown back and lips parted, her hands locked. At their feet their familiars throw fireballs at each other, trying to gain an advantage. She moans audibly and the Forsaken head drops slowly forward, bright energy flares along the powerful bridge binding them. The wind whips her hair into tangles against her shoulders as she hangs trembling. His husky voice whispers into the wind, uttering words she cannot understand, the tension in his voice is unmistakable.
Beneath them the two imps begin to dance with excitement as the energy spills down towards the pulsating shard. Horde and Alliance locked in balance, the difference on the outside hiding the same needs on the inside. ~

With a start I jerk awake, frightened by a truth greater than me. He touches my shoulder and whispers my name, calming me. The dream is already fading from my mind as I lay back warm against him, now not sure what woke me.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Chapter 12
((Risin has fallen))

"He has fallen Sister..."

The words made no sense to me when she said them, now they are all I can hear.
Risin has fallen. My Risin is dead...
Its not true, somewhere there is a mistake, he would never leave me, he said he would stay with me forever.

Why, why did this have to happen? Please why am I being punished like this? How did he die, was the latest lead a trap of some kind, who did this to him. I have no answers for my own questions. Why?

Risin has fallen...
I close my eyes letting my head fall back, trying to stop crying, but my tears run down into my hair instead.

Risin has fallen...

No! I will not accept it! I will scream until he hears me!
But no one hears my screams, it’s just me up here, alone. I am alone now, in this tear blurred world of nothing.

I can't face our empty home, I have to collect my stuff and leave. I know I need to tell his men he is not coming back but, not yet.
I will move to a new place, stop by the homestead each day and see to it everything continues to run as normal. His best rider has her cub now, he won’t ever see the little thing, and hot tears run down my face as I picture him holding it the way I one day wished he would hold our baby.

He is gone, all I am left with is my pain, knowing he will not be coming back, I am broken. Reaching into my carry I take out the crushed flower, holding it gently in the palm of my hand. My Mistress had given this to me when she told me, I didn't realise I still had it in my hand when I ran from her to hide my pain.

Cupping my hands I hold them around the flower, protecting it. His laughter echoes in my mind as I remember the playful teasing, his arms holding me close enough to smell him. A hot tear lands on the flower, followed by more and more. I am not going to recover from this loss, from the heavy ball of grief in my chest.

Slipping the flower back into my carry I wipe my swollen painful eyes, feeling the wind sting at them. I have nothing left to live for now. I will ask for the most dangerous missions I can get from our Mistress, maybe I will fail one then I can be with him again.

Teh Vixen

Last edited by Slyvixen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anethrax
Anethrax

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm

(( Poor Sly!, very emotional. Lets hope this isnt the end but the start of a new chapter! ))
Back to top Go down
http://vilethorn.guildomatic.com/
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 am

Chapter 13
((Anger and madness))

The ring lies in my palm as I sit staring at it.
I had returned to the homestead and fallen asleep on our bed, only to wake from a dream of him. The note with the ring had been under my pillow, finding it just added to my loss as I realised he had left it for me to find while he was away, now he will never know I would have said yes to him.
The young boy in the room must have entered as I sobbed, holding the note clenched around the ring in my fist.
I still don’t know what to think of his presence, why he was in our room, perhaps he had always been around and I had not noticed him before but not in the house. No matter what I said I got nothing from him and still cannot get him to speak to me, perhaps he is damaged and unable to make sounds.
I just don't care anymore.
I slip out of my black mourning clothes and fold them ready for storage in my personal vault.
With a depressed sigh I push my hair out my face, black as a raven’s wing and loose onto my shoulders ever since I was told he had fallen.
The cold in Undercity makes me shiver as my naked body reacts to it, perhaps I will move to a warmer safe place as this stone is not very welcoming.
The boy is still at the homestead; at least he was last time I had been there. Things continue to run smoothly and the animals are being cared for so only need to visit once a week or less.
My battle gear slips very easily over my body and I realise my ribs are pushing through my skin.
I cannot remember when I last ate, or if I even did.
Finally I take a piece of thin black leather and tie it round my neck, tucking the ring under my chest piece.
My carry is hidden under my cloak and I am ready to leave here now.
The journey out of Undercity is swift, no one notices me in the shadows and I'm soon on the air ship headed for Vengeance Landing.
How ironic.
I smell the acrid scent of gunpowder before I land, the battle has been raging for some time and mixed with the smell is rotting flesh as carrion feeders clean the bones of the fallen.
A figure is out there on the field burning some of the bodies but it doesn’t seem to reduce the amount that much, too many have died in this battle. Moving swiftly I head towards the sound of explosions and shouting.
The shadows keep me hidden and I breach their camp through a gap in the wall as overhead the massive cannons fire on our advancing troops.
The first one I take is a little clumsy, but he falls dead at my feet after a small struggle.
The anger that has been simmering inside me for the last few weeks rises giving me battle lust and I find myself shadow racing towards a new target.
Finally it is over and I feel the fury fading, leaving me kneeling trembling on the ground, my mask hot and wet from the exertion of the fight.
The blood on me is drying already in the warmth, making my battle gear stiff in patches and I know I need to remove it before it starts to chaff at my skin underneath.
Taking a look around all I see are bodies, this camp is now littered with the dead, those that fell to my blindly raging blades.
Still trembling I slip into the shadows and head for the beach to wash myself clean.
Night catches me resting up in cleft in the mountains, with my belly full I wait for dawn to break.

Teh Vixen
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Chapter 14
((Rampage of blood))

The horse moves into range for me to sap the guard on its back. If I wasn’t feeling so angry and lost I would probably find it funny that the horse walks off with its stunned rider slumped on its back.
Moving towards the heavily guarded walls of the City I find another target to sap, picking her pockets before moving through the gateway into the City itself.
Time for a recon and I scale the wall to the guard’s walkway where I sap then garrotte one of the three guards up there on patrol. The others are still facing away as I shove the dead guard over the wall to the snow below. When they turn all they see is a figure standing at the end of the walkway, not realising its not who they think it is.
Inside the city walls I am surprised at just how big this place is, seems it even has its own Cathedral too.
Slipping into the shadows I drop silently down inside the wall and head deeper into the city to explore.
Crouched down behind the stables I consider the size and population of this strange place. It seems to be some sort of cult, the followers easily picked out by the distinctive red and white colour of their order. I'm certain the Priests are dark walkers who follow the path of the Raven, three of which accompany each Priest at all times.
The square has a number of cages which contain figures, judging from the platform they are awaiting the noose.
It’s late enough for me to make my move and I head towards the front gate before I begin my bloody rampage, always a good idea to work in a neat pattern.
The guards at the gate prove easy to take, sap one and kill the other one; this could prove a boring killing spree after all.
Moving one place at a time I stun and ambush everything I can find, picking pockets and leaving a trail of bleeding corpses dressed in red and white.
Even the dark Priests are no match with their Ravens around them.
The cages are interesting, 4 Forsaken are detained inside the City, but on speaking to them one by one I realise they are spies. These are not fit to carry the name of their people, and I slay them inside the cages where they cannot run from me.
The Cathedral and Abbey prove to be the best challenge so far, with some very powerful protectors inside. I am injured in the last clash, a gash to the arm that bleeds freely after the battle. Outside the anger slowly fades when I look around and see a deserted City, the ground dotted with red and white corpses, staining the snow in places.
As I clumsily bind my wound to stem the blood I get the Comms message from a Deathmaster, I am to begin training with him for a difficult mission ahead.
In silence I kneel on the freezing snow, flecks of blood marking a pattern against the white beneath me.
Anger floods my body, why me, why now, why should I bother to obey his orders. My loss is because of the Thorns, because of what they are and who they are. The anger is making me shake and I breathe heavily trying to contain it.
“Killers, killers the lot of us.”
“All we are fit for is taking lives, we cannot be normal and happy.”
I'm too angry to cry, I have no tears to spare anymore.
Finally I activate the Comms, my voice is deceptively even and calm.
“As you wish Sir.”
He wants me to train with him, well now perhaps he will get more than he bargained for. Already I know I will take him, making it accidental and innocent, then I will go after another and another until there are non left.
A final look around at the dead City and I stumble unsteadily around the body of the Raven Priest, one of the the last dark ones to die at my blades this day.
With a soft whisper I get myself prepared, “Come on Thorns your destiny awaits you.”
It’s time to move back to Brill to meet with them and place my death mark on them all.
As for the Deathmaster, well that task I will enjoy doing.
The windrider's call echoes as we fly, and I note with concern that the hand of my wounded arm has turned dark grey and dark streaks run up the smooth flesh on either side of the cut.
I am dizzy and trembling and finally ignore the darkened flesh, I no longer care what happens.

Teh Vixen

Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Chapter 15
((Anger dies, like everything else))

The Thorns form a circle around me, no gaps between them that I can use to escape.
I slip my blades free with a familiar snick of steel as I stand trapped in the ring of assassins.
My Comms device has been ripped away by one I used to call friend, her face turned towards me now with hostility as she says I smell like Slyvixen, I wonder what she means by that.
They wouldn’t give me my Comms device back and I had to take it by force, now it’s secure in its rightful place once more.
I start walking around the inside of their circle, round and round looking at each face in turn as I pace, blades still in my hands.
Not one of them steps back from me, yet I see pity in some eyes, and shocked horror in others.
Finally the Thorn Mistress asks me who I am, and I tell her I am Slyvixen of the Thorns.
I feel no fear, I have my blades ready and I face the Thorn Mistress with her Deathmaster beside her.
Her eyes look me over slowly and finally she walks away with Deathmaster Squadron, speaking in a low voice apart from the circle.
I am surrounded once more by Thorn voices, anger from those once friendly, questions I don’t have answers for, and all the while she stands there watching me with those yellow eyes of hers.
I cannot break through the circle of assassins so I just stand, watching them.
Her command breaks the circle and I am told to go to the Thorn Mistress, sheathing my blades I do as I am bidden.
More questions, over and over they ask the same ones, perhaps hoping to catch me in a lie. Yet the same answers come each time, until they tire of asking.
They cannot help me; they say I am already beyond the aid of a healer, that I have become undead.
This illness is a setback, I am still Slyvixen, and why won’t they help me reverse what has happened? It can’t be that hard to undo what has been done, can it?
Deathmaster Squadron is tasked with re-educating me and I am given a place to sit.
The Thorns are restless as they settle down to listen, she is explaining something to them but I no longer have an interest and ignore them all.
I have no feeling; no fear or sadness, there isn’t anything at all. I look at the Mistress and realise I no longer seek her approval. The Deathmaster beside her was once a source of fear for me but I no longer care.
The Sindorei beside me…she is the only exception. Of all the Thorns she is the only one to bring something up inside me. I feel protective of her, as if she were blood of my blood.
The rat wanders among the gravestones seeking food; it draws my eyes just before a small thrown blade ends its life, leaving it pinning it to the ground.
I feel nothing inside, just a confused mind that seems to be torn in two directions.
Deathmaster Squadron takes me away from the graveyard, travelling some distance before we sit before a fire and he begins the questioning again.
I try to explain what I was doing and I am becoming more and more confused when he finally stops, telling me I am Forsaken, like him.
This is not true; I am Slyvixen, Sindorei and Assassin of the Thorns, why won’t he listen to me?
Even as I say it I know somewhere in my mind that he speaks the truth, I am one of the undead.
Later I am taken to the Inn in Orgrimmar where Annisa has waited for me.
Slipping away we talk together in private while I try to explain what happened to me, she looks at me with compassion in her eyes and the feeling of protection becomes stronger. She is blood of my blood and I know I will aid her in all she asks of me.
I am not Forsaken, they are dead who have risen again but that takes time.
I cannot become Forsaken in one night even if Squadron thinks the wound was infected by the experiments on the humans in New Hearthglen.
Later that night I am standing in a corner of the Inn, one of the Forsaken Thorns explaining that I need no sleep.
Then even he leaves me and I stand alone in the Inn, silent and watching as everyone finally drifts away.
He was right, I have yet to need rest and I am no longer interested in the stream of faces as they come to drink at the Inn. I have been here a few days and even the Thorns have not been back.
I consider the question, is boredom a feeling or a conclusion based on a lack of mental stimulation?
The windrider stands patient as I swing up on its back.
The power of my body is unexpected and I flex my thigh muscles experimentally causing the windrider to squeal in protest.
Deathmaster Squadron was right about that at least but I hope he was wrong about me needing to feed, I see no point in eating fresh meat.
The light is almost gone when I touch down in Venomspite.
This place can’t be any worse than the Inn in Orgrimmar, at least here I can speak to other….other Forsaken.…the word rolls around inside my head.
Later a lone figure stands in the snow, wind blowing her hair around her red mask as she watches the big flakes melt on the blade of a dagger held in her grey hand.

Teh Vixen
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Chapter 16
((The truth is revealed))

She is standing proud, face turned towards her adviser. Even at ease the Dark Lady’s aura of power is like a shroud around her.
Watching from the shadows near the wall I wonder if she is the answer I am looking for.
The head turns towards me and her eyes seek me out in the shadows.
I step out and move towards her without being told, conscious as I do that her eyes look me over carefully.
“You are Forsaken, embrace it.”
Her voice is beautiful as she states the fact, echoes coming back from the stone walls around us.
“I don’t think I died, I have my doubts I am one of yours.”
Her face is impassive as she looks down at me until I see a flash of something in her eyes.
“It is not unusual for a newly risen to have no recollection of their passing.”
I am not sure what she means, I am not dead, I have been cursed or perhaps ill but not dead.
I have nothing to say, nothing makes sense to me anymore and I do not wish to think about it so I stand before her and look at her.
Reaching out she places a palm over my face, long fingers spanned out to my hairline.
As her other hand cups the back of my head my mind slips into her control, held in lock down by her vast power.
Images flow before my eyes and I see with intense clarity that everything I lived before was based on a lie.
I see the truth about me and the death of my Parents. Hidden from me in my memories all this time, my Sindorei Father died trying to protect his Keldorei mate that night, saving me even as they fell.
They died because of me, the Halfling walking in the shadow of two ancient peoples.
I should have died that night, executed before it became public knowledge and the shame spread.
I see the Thorn Mistress accepting me as an assassin to her ranks, and then Risin, framed inside my wedding ring.
The Raven Priest wounding me as he himself dies, the blight spreading through my bloodstream until I finally fall down in the snow.
She allows me to see it all without limit and everything that was hidden is slowly peeled back and revealed with total honesty.
My body frozen in the snow and the Forsaken dragging me back to Venomspite by my feet.
The darkened flesh stripping away, chunks dropping from my bones as I lay in a puddle before the warmth of a fire.
I see the Forsaken kneeling around me as I am released into my new form, my golden yellow eyes looking up at their faces.
My death took away the anger and pain that became twisted into murderous intent towards the Thorns.
I know I was already dying when I left New Hearthglen and I never reached my targets.
When I left them and the safe place I was in to travel back to Brill, it was to find the Thorn Mistress, the only familiar thing in my world of confusion.
The Dark Lady turns my face up towards her, I am aware I kneel at her feet, palms flat against her armoured thighs.
She holds me yet, unable to resist her will, unwilling to pull away from her despite seeing what I have seen.
“You are Forsaken, do you understand?”
Looking into her eyes I know nothing matters now for I am dead, Slyvixen is gone.
“Yes my Queen, I understand.”
Her hold relaxes and she releases me before walking back to her Battlemaster to continue the discussion I interrupted.
Later I am at my vault, clearing out the clothing Slyvixen once had, the dresses and robes are of no use to me.
His voice behind me is softer than I expected and I turn to face The Sarcophagus, now the Commander of her Dragonlance Crusaders battle force.
“I bid you welcome My Lady.”
He bows to me and I curtsy back politely.
We speak and he is the first one to call me by my new name, my Forsaken name.

Teh Vixen
Back to top Go down
Atropine
Atropine

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 am

((The Slyvixen storyline has ended, please see the new storyline under her Forsaken name, Atropine Shadowbane.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn   Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn Empty

Back to top Go down

Slyvixen - Story of a Thorn
Page 1 of 1