The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Blayke of The Brotherhood

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blayke
Blayke

Blayke of The Brotherhood Empty
PostSubject: Blayke of The Brotherhood   Blayke of The Brotherhood EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am

Blayke pulled down his white mask and nodded to the porter as the oak doors swung open and he strode purposefully into the oak panelled room. The five sat silently before him, only number four acknowledging his arrival with the faintest of smiles on her lips.

“My Masters and Mistress!”, smiled Blayke as he bowed and looked at the five sat before him, pausing briefly to return the smile to Four.

One looked up from the report he was reading, placing it on a small pile of parchment on the table in front of him.

“There is some concern around the Stormwind Chapter of the Brotherhood, some association with the Vile Thorn has been rumoured”, stated One, “As you are currently unassigned and you have worked with Shadowblade Aresh, then you are best placed to find out if these are indeed idle rumours or something more substantial”.

“Aresh eh? I was his Second in Theramore”, grinned Blayke

“We do know that”, replied Four in her silken voice, “And we do know that he had us remove you from his command”.

Blayke laughed, “He claimed it was a ‘clash of personalities’ didn’t he?”

“Indeed” replied Two curtly, adding in a low voice to Three “understandable, poor chap”

“I want a report on the association within the week”, stated One, “This report tells you what you need to know of the current status of the Stormwind Chapter and of information received from Aresh, and of course from our other sources”. Blayke stepped forward and took the small bundle of parchment. “Dismissed”, stated One.

Blayke bowed before the Five, again pausing to smile at Four before turning and striding out of the room, pulling up his white mask as he left.

~~

Blayke walked swiftly from the Gryphon Master and on towards Old Town. The report from the Five had made interesting reading, although he doubted Aresh would be overjoyed at a reunion with his deposed second. On reaching the Inn, he paused briefly outside, pulling down his white mask and with a mischievous grin on his face he entered the Inn. Aresh was sitting at the large table, and as he looked up, his eyes narrowed slightly in recognition.

“Aresh!”, exclaimed Blayke proffering his hand to Aresh as he strode over.

“Blayke”, replied Aresh simply, returning to the report he was writing.

Blayke dropped his hand and laughed lightly as he strode to the bar and returning with a large whisky, he pulled a chair from the table and sat down. He leaned back in the chair and taking out a small case of cigarettes he lit one and watched Aresh.

“What brings you here”, spoke Aresh evenly without a pause in his writing.

Blayke grinned and leaned forward onto the table. “Just passing through, thought I’d spend a few days and sample the hospitality of Stormwind”.

“No doubt”, replied Aresh.

“And of course, my blades are at your disposal during this brief stay”, replied Blayke, sitting back once again in the chair and sipping on the whisky.

Aresh looked up as he folded the report, “Then you can make yourself useful. We are aiding a group known as the Last Alliance this evening and are to provide scouting resource and of course protection should the need arise. We meet at Aerie Peak, I suggest you make your way there now and make yourself known to their Commander, Gerrond. I will follow you there shortly. and I will remind you that whilst working for me, you will refer to me as your Commander. Dismissed, Blayke”.

Blayke regarded Aresh for a moment, a faint smirk on his lips at Aresh’s enforcement of rank. “Of course Commander”, he replied as he stood up, draining the last of the whisky, “I will await your command at Aerie Peak”. Aresh merely nodded in reply, his disdain for his former Second clearly evident.

~~~

Blayke hopped from the Gryphon as it landed and slipped quickly to the shadows, making his way down the hill to the Keep and keeping hidden from the guards. The supplies were already loaded onto wagons ready for moving out and finding a vantage point, Blayke settled down to watch who would arrive.

“So, Wardens of Azeroth eh?” spoke Blayke quietly to himself as he watched the group congregating around the loaded wagons. “And Grundal Um Karaz too..” he nodded to himself on recognising the tabards worn. He smirked as Aresh arrived and immediately made his way to what he assumed to be the leaders of the expedition. Blayke listened as the red-haired warrior explained the route to be taken, then silently slipped away as the group assembled to move out.

~~~

Lying on his stomach and using a spy-glass, Blayke watched the battle below from his vantage point on the hilltop. The caravan had been attacked just as left the pass from the Hinterlands and interestingly, the attackers all wore the colours of the Vile Thorn. The attack from the Horde was swift and soon the Last Alliance were overpowered and the Vile Thorn took control of the caravan, leading it towards Southshore. he watched as the Last Alliance rallied themselves and attacked again, almost over-powering the Vile Thorn but being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Blayke focused his interest on Aresh who during each battle was stood on the periphery of the battle and seemingly fell injured quickly, despite only receiving a few minor injuries from the Vile Thorn attackers. Blayke grinned to himself, maybe his Commander was somehow in with this Horde warband after all.

It soon became obvious that the supply caravan would remain in Horde hands. Blayke stood up and brushed the dirt off his armour. “Aresh, you traitorous old dog”, grinned Blayke, “Play your cards right, Blaykie-boy, and you might just get your own Chapter out of this”. He smiled as he looked across towards the Alterac Mountains. “Might as well visit my old friends at Ravenholdt while I’m in the area” he spoke quietly to himself then whistled for his Gryphon.

~~

Blayke talked easily with the other Ravenholdt assassins, catching up on what each had been up to since his last visit. He was a Ravenholdt trained rogue and made the effort to drop by and catch up with those he knew through his training when he could. Blayke watched as the male Sin’dorei in Thorn colours walked into the Manor, greeting Myrokos then looking around as if trying to find someone, before walking back out to the courtyard.

“Who’s that then?” smiled Blayke at Cherie, one of his long time friends at Ravenholdt

“He’s not very welcome here”, she replied in a low voice “apparently Fahrad got reliable information that he was working for the Syndicate. He was held for interrogation a couple of days but some orders came through to release him. Nothing was every proven, but the information was from a reliable source so I heard”. Blayke smiled and nodded, filing the information away in his head for possible future use.

“I’ll go pay my respects to Fahrad then I’d best get back to Stormwind, been good to see you again Cherie”, Blayke smiled and winked at the grinning Cherie as he turned and headed for the stairs.

Blayke was informed that Fahrad was busy but he could wait if he wished. Blayke walked out onto the balcony, quickly pulling up his white mask and stepping back into the shadows of the doorway on seeing the male sin’dorei talking in the courtyard below with two others. Blake’s eyes rested briefly on the pretty red-haired female sin’dorei, also in Thorn colours and from the snippets of conversation he could overhear, was having a bit of a go at the male. The male had his back to him, his replies were animated and his tone of voice showed annoyance. What was of more interest, however, was the dark haired girl standing very close to the male Sin’dorei and wearing the colours of the Brotherhood. Blayke watched as the male reached and touched the girls hand, and smirked as she took his hand in hers. “Well..well...”, whispered Blayke to no one but himself as he noticed the flash of anger in the female Sin’dorei’s eyes.

Blayke watched as the male left, leaving the two females to talk, again filing away information for later use. Finally the Brotherhood operative turned to leave and at last he could see her face. Blayke furrowed his brow, she looked familiar...”Zaoldyeck!” he exclaimed in barely a whisper, stepping back a little to avoid being seen. He’d seen her around as he had trained, not really got to know her, she was trained mostly by Fahrad and he grinned as he remembered the rumours about just what training she was getting. He looked her up and down, yeah, he could appreciate why she got to be trained by the Grand Master Rogue, he was always one for spotting ‘potential’ he smirked.

“Here to see me?” came the gruff voice of Fahrad behind him.

Blayke quickly pulled down his mask and stepped further into the room, saluting Fahrad as he replied “Yes Grand Master!”. Fahrad nodded in return, waiting for the rogue to continue.

“I was just passing by thought I’d catch up with my peers and before I go, pay you my respects of course”, he smiled politely at his Grand Master before him.

“Good to see you remember your roots, boy”, replied Fahrad as he walked past and onto the balcony over the now empty courtyard.

Blayke watched him walk past and made his excuses to leave to the back of Fahrad who simply nodded in return. Making his way out he again bumped into one of his peers and wasted another half hour talking of old times, work taken and plans to meet and perhaps drink a night away.

Finally, Blayke walked out of the manor, whistling for his Gryphon who soared down from the nearby Hillside. “Stormwind, boy”, spoke Blayke patting the Gryphons neck as he took hold of the reins. “See how my old Commander is and find out a bit more about what he’s up to”. With a kick of his leg, the Gryphon soared up into the night sky and headed south.
Back to top Go down
dianthaa
dianthaa

PostSubject: Re: Blayke of The Brotherhood   Blayke of The Brotherhood EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 am

((This is great! Can't wait to see how it develops))
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

PostSubject: Re: Blayke of The Brotherhood   Blayke of The Brotherhood EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Robi strode into the old town inn still bristling with anger from her last conversation with Aresh.

"Youre not invited Robi..." she mimicked his tone.
"Borbon Dave...thanks" she nodded and half smiled as the barman measured her a good slug of whiskey, which she downed in one.
She shuddered as the bitterness of the liquor hit the back of her throat.Then feeling a little calmer turned her thoughts back to Aresh and their heated exchange a few moments ago. She hoped he had been just annoyed and just venting frustration when he threatened to go and attack Anethrax with Kydian.
Was he really so stupid to believe the Vile Thorn would take it lying down? that they wouldnt know it was him?That "the Vile Thorn would wither and fall to pieces without that harpy at their head"
She almost laughed out loud at his naïvety and probably would have done had the implication of his possible actions werent so horrendous. "Sometimes" she thought "I could kill the old fart..."

"Zaoldyeck..? It is you isn't it?" a mans voice cut into her thought. She turned towards the speaker. She arched an eyebrow inquisitively when she didnt recognise him.
"You have me at a disadvantage" she smiled winningly as she posed against the bar as she noticed him eyeing her.
He smiled back and inclined his head slightly then looked at her.
"The names Blayke" he said, his deep blue eyes looked intently at her and seemed to almost twinkle with warmth and friendliness.
"Glad to know you...Im Robi..or Zaoldyeck if you prefer" she replied."So where do you know me from?"
Again that slight bow of the head and that slightly smirking smile.
"Drink?" he asked and not waiting for her reply ordered a large white wine for her and a whiskey for himself and at his invitation they took a seat in the far corner.
Sipping the wine she studied him over the rim of the glass,
Light he was drop dead gorgeous, black hair carelessly braided in several places, a close trimmed beard and the deepest bluest eyes she'd ever seen. His whole demeanour was of casual ease and he exuded confidence, his eyes never faltering on her even when she caught him watching her. He'd merely winked and smiled.
"Ravenholdt!" she said suddenly "I know you from there...you were under Wolfe"
He laughed lightly and bowed his head in gracious defeat.
"Ah then the advantage is no longer mine" he laughed.

They exchanged a little small talk about Ravenholdt and the people they knew and she relaxed enjoying the casual exchange of pleasantries.
As they talked for seemingly no apparent reason she started to feel slightly uneasy, he had recognised her tabard, nothing too strange about that she supposed, then he mentioned "The Commander" then a few moments later he mentioned Aresh by name.Her senses screamed "Care!"
She raised an eyebrow and opened her mouth to speak, but he carried on in his easy manner, talking of Ravenholdt...how all were welcome there...regardless of faction..where a human could converse freely with oh..lets see a bloodelf or even maybe two...
She looked suspiciously at him, he caught her eye and smiled. Not the warm easy smile of before but a cold smile that was almost sinister and the once sparkling playful sapphire eyes now glittered as hard and as cold as their namesake.
"What do you want?" she asked
"Me? Why nothing..I was merely wondering why a member of The Brotherhood would be fraternising with our Belf cousins"
"The Brotherhood?" she questioned, curious as to his use of the name they used amongst themselves.
He nodded, she smiled and quickly leaned across and grabbed his left arm, pulling it off the table as she pushed his shirt sleeve up to reveal a small blue cross tattooed on his wrist.
She pushed his arm away and snorted.
He laughed "Ah you have me..quite the
smart little lady aren't we?"
She glowered angrily
"So whats all this about...who are you...who sent you and -what- do you want?"
Even as she uttered the words, she half knew the answers.
He was Brotherhood, not here by accident and from his observations had been here a while watching them, and as to who sent him? she could only suppose it was the 5.
He looked at her, his eyes still hard and cold, he lowered his tone slightly.
"So sweetie...the Five now know that you are in on this working for the Horde but for now they think youre corrupted by Aresh. Of course I told them this as you're an old friend from Ravenholdt....hate for them to hear otherwise, wouldn't you? Now if one of his Shadowstalkers were to turn on their corrupt leader, well, I'm sure that would be completely understood and give no doubt on her loyalty...."
She shook her head not quite believing what she was hearing.
"Youre ordering me to kill Aresh?" she asked
He gave a patronising laugh
"Come now sweetheart...did I say that? I merely suggested that were it to happen that a dedicated loyal blade were to remove a corrupted Commander...." he left it open
"It would be better for her rather than her Commander decide he had been corrupted by his Shadowstalker and she should be removed for security..."
"You wouldn't...?" she growled but she knew the answer
He laughed, not coldly or unkindly but in such a way she knew she wasnt being toyed with, he was serious, deadly serious, she was being given the choice Her or Aresh.

Blayke scraped back his chair and rose to his feet, he inclined his head graciously and Robi fought the temptation to ram her knee in his face to wipe off that roguish smirk.
"Im staying in The Guilded Rose, you know it? Good...you have two days..think about what I have said and find me" he said as he turned to leave.
She watched him go, her mind working to find a solution. She needed to think.
He looked back at her and smiled
"Don't even think it sweetheart...."he said and he left the inn.

Robi downed the last of her wine and as an after thought finished Blaykes whiskey before striding from the inn.

"Crap" she thought heavily."Now..think girl think..what would Zaoldyeck do...?"

Back to top Go down
arli
arli

PostSubject: Re: Blayke of The Brotherhood   Blayke of The Brotherhood EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 am

(( I so like this story, feel like I know the guy already but I don't think him and Arli will get on. And just keep Dianthaa away from him, k? ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blayke of The Brotherhood   Blayke of The Brotherhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Blayke of The Brotherhood
Page 1 of 1