The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

Son of Zaoldyeck

Go down 
+4
Robi Kaezlan.
Virenna
Fahrad
Aesacha
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aesacha
Aesacha

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 pm

(( more for my own amusement than anything else, wanted to get a little bit of Robi's background written or rather explain the flag that gets me so many whispers...))
When did you grow up to be such a beautiful, worldly woman? When was it you stopped being my little girl? I look at you now and can't help but smile, the heartache and worry you've put me through...the tears Iv'e shed for you and with you...yet here you are again laughing in the face of your cares, squaring your shoulders and shrugging at the troubles you have and you've caused.

I look at you and I see your father and I know if he were with us still his eyes would shine with love and pride and he would indeed be proud to call you "Son of Zaoldyeck"

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------

Sasha Parry gave a low grunt and a sharp cry of pain as she pushed her child into the world. Slumping back against the stack of pillows exhausted she held out her arms as the druid midwife placed the silent bundle into her arms.
Sasha looked down at her child touching the small face gently with the tip of her finger.
“You’re so perfect little one…” she whispered.
The child screwed up it’s face and yowled, the shrill baby’s cry filling the air. Sasha laughed and winced by turns and held her baby to her breast.
The door of the room burst open noisily, Sasha looked up startled as the druid jumped to her feet and turned to face the door.
Robinos Zaoldyeck shot into the room a look of concern etched on his rugged features, hand poised by his dagger hilt.
Sasha looked up at him and laughed softly as she held the child out to him.

“Look Rob…we have a little girl….”
Robinos’ eyes flickered with what looked like disappointment for a fleeting second as he awkwardly took his daughter from his wife.
Cradling the child in one arm he looked down, the child quietened in his arm and opened her eyes and at that moment Robinos knew, this was now his life, he would kill for his child and aye he thought wryly, die for her if necessary. Light help -anyone- who even glanced her way with intent.

“Robinas..we’ll call her Robinas” Sasha announced and smiled affectionately as Rob pulled a distasteful face.
“ I thought Sasha-Rose…” he started but looking at his wife he knew she’d decided and the poor child would be saddled with his feminised name.

Robi idolised her father, never more than a few toddling steps behind him she shadowed him everywhere. Robinos for his part doted on his child and from an early age had her with him everywhere he went.
Safely out of the sight of Aesacha he taught her to hunt and fish and wield daggers. He told her tales of his youth, how he met her mother and regaled her with stories of “The Zaoldyecks” his family.
All of these she drank in and believed them implicitly. Her dad was invincible, from a family of invincible fighters and heroes. While Robinos Zaoldyeck walked, the world could rest safe. No-one could tell her otherwise. He was the archetypal swashbuckling hero in her eyes, dashing in masked and wielding a sword to sweep her mother off her feet and carry her off into the night.
Sasha just laughed and agreed, not wanting to prick the childs bubble with the truth.

Her life was to change when in her early teens her father took her to Ravenholdt, she'd met Fahrad and her teenage heart turned over and keen to impress him she threw herself into training with the Assassins league for the duration of her stay. After one particular lesson she glanced up to see her father on the balcony in conversation with Fahrad, the two men were laughing and drinking easily together and waved casually at her as they noticed her looking.
This she thought was an excuse to go up and be close to Fahrad...

"She shows promise Rob" said Fahrad as they watched her " She could be quite an asset when she's older"
Robinos nodded and grinned with fatherly pride. "Aye, shes a good girl, pity shes got her father looks and not her mothers though"
The men laughed,
It was true, Robi had inherited her fathers dark eyes and hair and lean build, not for her was her mothers exquisite delicate features and huge emerald eyes. But Robi for one didnt give a damn.

"She certainly has the Zaoldyeck look" laughed Fahrad
"Aye, with my looks she should have been a boy" replied Robinos.

Robi had run up the stairs eager to see Fahrad and her father, pausing short of the balcony door to smooth her hair and wipe the dust from her clothes.
She could hear their muffled conversation and as she opened the door she heard her fathers voice.
"...she should have been a boy"

She stopped where she stood. What had her father said? should have been a boy? All these years she'd followed him, adored him...and all the time he'd wanted a boy....
She felt the bottom drop out of her world.

She ran out and into the hollow tree where she often went to think. And think she did, thoughts running around her head, confused and irrational at times, cold and logical at others.
Finally she stood up grim faced and determined and late that night as her father slept she crept silently into his room, picked his pockets, sheathed his best daggers to her waist and slipped to the stables. There she stole his horse and as silently as she could left Ravenholdt and father behind, determined not to return until she'd proved herself worthy to be called
Son of Zaoldyeck.

Back to top Go down
Fahrad
Fahrad

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:09 pm

"Robi Zaoldyeck? Yeah I know her, daughter of Mad Rob Zaoldyeck and that peachy little wife of his Sasha, light knows how he caught her."
Fahrad leaned back in his chair, hands behind his head and feet on the small table in front of him and grinned at the intelligence audit officer from SI:7 who was compiling a report update.
" Bad times eh when you big boys rely on us Alterac scum to let you know whos screwin' around with your agents?" Fahrad laughed without much humour. Light this dick had been here less than an hour and already tried patience to the limit.

"First time I saw her she was twelve, mebbe thirteen, dark haired lanky leggy lass with the figure of a racing snake, but light those eyes..."
She shot through, ran away leaving me a note asking me to tell Rob she'd gone"

Fahrad remembered it well, not a job he'd relished, Robinos was renowned for his mad outbursts and he'd had no desire to start one without Sasha around to calm him down. As expected he'd lashed out at all around him then left for his home in Hillsbrad.

"Couple years later she breezed back in...." Fahrad continued "was always vague about where she'd been and what she'd done, we suspected Defias activity but never proved"

Aye he thought he remembered it well, hardly recognised her at first, gone was the stick-like frame, replaced by a lean toned frame of an athlete but whoa...those curves and that ass...
her jet black thick hair caught back in a long loose plait,and light those eyes.

She'd looked at him and smiled "Train me" she'd stated.
He'd looked her over and nodded, something in her stance told him she could be of use.
So their training had begun, she worked diligently and hard, keen to learn.

She'd excelled at stealthy covert tasks, her ability to sneak virtually unseen impressed even him. Her combat skills however although better than average and she could more than hold her own were never going to be brilliant.
Aye lass subtlety is where we'll put you, he'd thought.
A small smirk played his mouth as he remembered the day he realised where her true talent lay.

They'd been sparring, open-handed full contact sparring and he'd slapped her around quite mercilessly, trying to get her to quell her rage and concentrate, yes she was her fathers daughter there alright, both Zaoldyecks had a penchant for a quick temper it seemed.

Robi was tiring he could see it, her face was flushed and damp, her hair clinging in strands to part of it. Long ago she'd forsaken her leather tunic and was now in an old vest which also clung to her perspiring torso.

She'd bent down hands on her knees panting for breath, she held up a hand palm out as he approached for another blow.
"W..whoa..easy Fahrad" she'd raised her head and looked up breathlessly laughing lightly.
He'd stopped and found his eyes drawn to her heaving chest, his height giving him sight of her cleavage, he looked away.
"need a drink..." she took a quick mouthful of water from a canteen and tipped some over her face, shaking her head, then seemingly refreshed she stood upright.
She drew her hands across her face to wipe the excess water, a graceful fluent motion, he noted with approval. His eyes were drawn almost unwillingly to a single droplet of water which ran down her neck to her collar bone, then as she leaned forward slightly trickled slowly down her chest, his eyes followed it as if hypnotised as it disappeared into her cleavage.
A sudden movement caught his eye too late he realised, her head swung round and her plait came flying towards his face, the heavy lead weight on the band that held it in place landing a stinging blow to just behind his ear. He reeled but retained his balance but in that split second she'd kicked his legs and he sprawled at her feet. A moment later she'd dropped onto his chest and held her dagger to his throat.
He held his hands up in surrender laughing.

He smiled to himself as he addressed the auditor "Believe me her father would have skinned me alive and staked me out to dry if he knew what we did that night..."

From then on in, he'd subtly guided her in the direction of "seduction" using female guile's and charms where combat wouldn't do. Sent out to beguile and bewitch unsuspecting targets into dropping guard then assassinating or acquiring as necessary.

She worked out of Ravenholdt in this capacity for a while, returning after missions to share his bed, life he thought was pretty damn cosy.

Then one day out of the blue she'd announced she was quitting for a while, she was still young, wanted to see the world a bit she'd said. He was damned if he was going to beg her stay....

He'd watched impassively as she rode away, returning her wave before she disappeared into the tunnel.
He'd smiled to himself, once a daughter of Ravenholdt always a daughter of Ravenholdt, he knew that one day she'd be back.

Back to top Go down
Virenna
Virenna

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 am

Lessons learned: Don't look at the knockers.
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Robi exited the tunnel from Ravenholdt manor and was met by pitch black night. Had she not been so angry and upset she may have just turned around and gone back but her hurt impelled her forward and she urged her fathers horse slowly down the rough track into the foothills.
She picked up the road just past Durnholde keep, pausing briefly to get some sort of bearings. It seemed lighter to the left she thought I'll head that way.
She picked her way along the road by moonlight, ahead of her in the distance loomed a huge wall. "Hope we don't have to climb it Buck" she said patting the horses neck.

Through the old gate house of the wall and she may have well have been on another world, she had no clue where she was and even less of a clue where she was going. It seemed she'd been travelling hours, the night seemed endless cloaking itself around her as she let the horse have its head and pick its own pace.
Strange unseen beasts gave strange unearthly cries to each other and she looked around her frantically, fear creeping into the pit of her stomach, the tinny taste of it tainting her mouth.
She thought about wheeling the horse around and going back, back to see her mother, tell her what her father had said, she would sort it out, she'd tell Robinos Zaoldyeck that he was proud to have Robinas as a child that she was as good as any son....
But that wasn't the point was it? she thought. She had to show him, unless she did she'd never really know whether he was happy with her as a daughter or was just saying so because Sasha had told him...
She sighed, picked up the reins ans squeezed the horses sides with her legs urging him into a brisk trot.
"Halt" a mans voice called out from in front of her. She started with fright and although she couldnt see anyone she fancied she could make out the shapes of three or four mounted men ahead. "Identify yourself stranger"
She stayed silent and reined Buck to a halt her heart pounding with fear.
She heard hoofbeats of a horse walking towards her and slowly she made out the form of a soldier on horseback.
"Lieutenant Valorcall" he said as he approached. His tone softened as he saw her, realised her youth and recognised her fear. "Follow us Miss, we'll see you safely to refuge point" He turned his horse and gestured his men to follow.
She rode with them flanking her at a brisk pace and fairly quickly it seemed they arrived in a fairly large camp with a large fire burning brightly and invitingly.
She was led to a tent where a woman soldier made sure she was fed and rested. No one asked her awkward questions and she offered no explanation. She ate the offered food, stuffed a few pieces of fruit and some bread into her pack, and after snatching a few hours sleep sloped off just as the dawn broke.
Refreshed and in the breaking new day she felt a lot more optimistic about this new life she was creating for herself and trotted on into the Wetlands with a will.

Travelling for days she hardly met a soul, the odd traveller exchanged a passing greeting but the place seemed all but uninhabited except for strange froglike creatures and hairy upright piglike things, both of which she avoided.
Then ah home sweet home...Loch Modan...she'd been born here, spent the first few idyllic years of her life here...again she fought the urge to turn for Hillsbrad.
She was out of food now, and hunger gnawed in her stomach, she emptied her pockets, two silver coins and a few small coppers...that wouldnt get her anywhere or anything.
"Now.."she thought "What would Zaoldyeck do?"
She slipped of her horse and as stealthily as she could crept into the inn in Thalasmar, she seemed to go unnoticed and slunk into the kitchen, there she helped herself to some cooked meats and bread, eating as she looked around, stuffing what was left into her pack.
She crept out again.Laughing to herself at the ease of it all.

She left Loch Modan travelled through Dun Morogh and entered Ironforge. She was aghast at its sheer size.
"Why would such small people want a huge place like this" she wondered then shrugged she didnt really wonder at all, it had just seemed a natural observation.

She stayed there a few days, people were open and friendly and pickings were rich and easy.
She became quite skilled at picking the unwary travellers pocket, a skill she wasn't overly proud of. Zaoldyeck wasn't a pick pocket...this wouldnt do, she needed more of a purpose, more of a goal...

She'd head to Stormwind City, see what was there, she'd find a way to make her mark, make her father eat his words...
She smiled at the flightmaster and patted the gryphons. she admired his uniform and asked a few inane babbling questions of childlike curiosity.
The flight master smiled good naturedly and answered, pleased at last to have someone who seemed interested in what he did. Robi looked at him with what she hoped was awe and nodded in response.
He told her about how he trained gryphons in the Hinterlands, how many years it took, Robi smiled and gave him her attention.

She waved goodbye and thanked him profusely, he waved back and wished her a safe journey. It was only as the gryphon soared up and out of Ironforge did he realise she hadn't paid....

Back to top Go down
Aesacha
Aesacha

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:20 pm

My Dearest Elkan

I know I am always seeming to be wanting something don't I?

You are my oldest and dearest friend, you have never steered my wrong and your shoulder has always been a strong source of comfort to me.

Robi has run away from home, she wrote to me to say she was safe in Stormwind and I wasn't to worry.

How can a mother not worry about her child? I beseech you Elkan, look out for my daughter, don't let her fall prey to the leeches and vultures of Goldshire. Don't let her become another wretch in the city.

She wants to prove herself as good as a son to Rob...silly girl. I fear this will be her undoing you know how she is.

Perhaps you could find her for me, tan her backside and send her home?

I know I can rely on you to help her

yours with much affection

Sasha

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Elkans face was ashen as he handed Robi a cup of Goldthorn tea.
Robi sniffed the drink and pulled a face but forced a grateful smile.
"Uhm..thanks" she said as she feigned a sip.

Elkan looked at Robi and a faint smile touched his lips as he watched her, how she'd grown and blossomed in the few years since she'd run away in a fit of pique at something her father had said.
Although he'd promised her mother he would look out for her, somehow she'd never seemed to need his guidance or help, she'd always seemed to land on her feet no matter what.

He knew a little of what she'd done in her quest to prove herself to her father, knew she'd worked for Ravenholdt and more recently SI:7, but in what capacity he felt it best he didn't know in case her mother had asked.
"Her mother...Aesacha..by the light" he closed his eyes, inhaled deeply and pulled his mind back to the task in hand, back to the reason he was sitting in his home with Robi forcing her to drink the soothing, calming Goldthorn tea he knew she loathed.
"Robi" he started in his deep calm voice. "I.." he broke off momentarily lost for a choice of words as she looked up at him a small frown furrowing her brow.
She was no fool he thought, she read people well, she knew he was being uncharacteristic.
She raised an eyebrow and in response he nodded.

"Theres no easy way to say this Robi" he started " Your father went through the Dark Portal into Outlands as part of the vanguard reconnaissance." he faltered slightly as Robi'e dark eyes searched his face. He could see a hint of panic in them and he reached across to put his hand on her arm. " I'm afraid Robi, he hasn't been heard of or seen since and has been declared missing in action, presumed dead"
Robi's face paled and tears sprung to her eyes but didn't fall. She looked numb as she continued to stare at Elkan. He went across to her and placed a strong comforting arm around her. She didn't move she just sat looking ahead for sometime before slowly turning her head to look at Elkan, her eyes still brimful of tears she nodded, smiled a ghost of a smile and whispered chokingly "Thank you Elkan.."

She turned to leave, wanting to get away, find a place alone and dark and shed her tears for her father, to take in the news to come to terms with what she had just been told.

"Robi" Elkan pulled her back and held her in a one armed embrace. Light help me he thought, he knew despite her stoic outward appearance Robi had taken this news hard and now on top of it all he had to tell her about her mother.

He held her close as he explained that Sasha had taken the news badly. She hardly heard him as the grief crowded her brain.
"Telrunya....returned...." his words cut through the fog in her mind. What had Tel got to do with all this? "Rejected your mother and his son..."
Robi looked up confused. Elkan read her confusion and tried to smile his reassurances.
"Just tell me Elkan...please" she said in a small voice.
He nodded in reply and explained that on top of Robinos assumed death, Telrunya had turned his back on Sasha and their son, telling her she could rot and that in his eyes he had no son. Sasha in a state of distress and grief had thrown herself to her death.

Elkan took a deep breath and continued to hold Robi, he felt her tense in his embrace, her shoulders shook and she clung tightly to him, sobbing into his chest..

Later and alone, Robi sat staring out to sea, all tears for her father and mother spent but the grief at their loss still heavy in her heart.

"Son of Zaoldyeck.." she spat self critically. All he would want from a son is someone to look after and protect her mother should anything happen to him and in that she had failed.

"Missing in action..presumed dead..." she mused

Wiping her face on her sleeve she rose with a fresh determination. She mounted Indy and rode for the portal.

"Hang on in there Dad..I'm coming..."

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 am

They'd turned her back at the Portal..no messing, they'd taken one look and turned her around steadfastly refusing her any further than the bottom step.
Oh she'd argued and tried to fight, but a huge plate wearing soldier in Nethergarde livery hoisted her up onto his horse and leading Indy behind had ridden back to Nethergarde Keep with her and as if reading her mind about sneaking back, escorted her up the flight tower and set her on a gryphon for Stormwind.

She was determined to go and if she had to take time out to train her skills to get the desired rank to go then so be it and she set about it with a will. The belief that her father was out there somewhere kept her focused and strong, keeping her from sinking into a lonely despair born of her grief.

In a rare break from training, she sat on the cool stone steps of the bank in Stormwind eating some fresh bread and sipping juice, idly watching the city go about its business.
She gave a sigh as a now familiar figure walked towards her.
"Oh Light" she groaned to herself "Now what...?"
She looked up at Angharad, a former waif and stray her mother had taken under her wing and had been sponsoring through mage school. It seemed as if Robi has inherited her and not to put too fine a point on it, couldnt stand the girl.
"What?" Robi looked up and snapped.
Angharad looked nervously at Robi and hastily averted her eyes, muttering something about needing some equipment and she knew where to get it cheaper than normal.

Robi affected a sigh, she had every intention of following her mothers wishes and giving Angharad what she needed, but for some reason wanted to make it as begrudging as possible.
Robi threw a purse at her which she missed and the contents were strewn on the ground.
"Clumsy idiot..." Robi snapped "pick it up before the beggars do"
Angharad fumbled around on the ground frantically eager not to annoy Robi further.
"Today...would be nice" Robi said making no move to help.
"S..S...Sorry..." Angharad stammered, her haste making her fumble more and the coins spilled again.
Robi rolled her eyes.

"Here, let me help you" said a voice and Robi noticed a man in battered armour bending down to help Angharad. He calmly picked up the coins and gently placed them in Angharad's hand.
He smiled at her and passed a frown of disapproval to Robi as she rolled her eyes.
She might have known...Owyn de Dogoode....new knight in town, fresh out of the cathedral she guessed, eager to prove to the world it couldnt survive without him.

She'd tried to pick his pocket once, just a gesture in response to some comment he'd made about rogues being thieving class. Since then he'd been wary of her and tended to keep slightly more than arms length from her.
She noticed Angharad blush and laughed.

"Angharad this is Dudley Doright...Dudley this is my "sister" Angharad" Robi offered a sarcastic sounding introduction.
"Angh..Ang...what?" said Owyn with a laugh "May I call you Harry?"

Angharad laughed and nodded, again blushing as Owyn gallantly but slightly awkwardly kissed her hand.

Leaving the couple talking Robi went back to her training.

From then on it seemed Harry and Owyn were everywhere, obviously now a couple she hoped she would see less of them but it wasn't to be.
Owyn came to her one day looking worried, Harry it seemed had gone to Stranglethorn Vale and hadn't returned.
Robi shrugged and laughed it off "Probably been captured by savage trolls and as we speak theyre bartering her off to the highest bidder before sacrificing her to their ancient gods and eating her...."
"Thats what I was afraid of" replied Owyn with a totally straight face.
Robi looked at him in disbelief and shook her head slowly.Light this guy was a moron..if that wasn't insulting a moron... she thought. As she turned away she noticed a small smirk playing around the corner of his mouth, she smiled at him which he returned. Maybe there was hope for him after all.

They'd looked for Harry together but couldn't find her, eventually giving up and returning to Goldshire, where Harry had left a message for Owyn saying she would be slightly late as she had some study to do.
"See no panic" Robi said "Not even trolls could put up with her..."
They both laughed slightly and exchanged stilted conversation for a while.
"I should leave..Im late already" said Owyn
Robi nodded and smiled at the young paladin.
"Thanks for helping look for Harry" they both said together and then laughed and offered hands.
They stood looking at each other in a long awkward moment of silence, their eyes locked fleetingly, their hands still clasped. The moment stretched....
"Ahem" they coughed together and averted their gazes and almost reluctantly let go of each others hands.

Robi watched him leave to meet Harry and found she was smiling.

Back to top Go down
Robinos

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm

I walk to the outskirts of the small village I think I remember sp well.

Looking down the wide avenue I see her.

I feel myself smile as I watch her for a moment. Steeling myself I shoulder my sword across my back and start the walk towards her.

The time has come....
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Robi felt a prickling sensation between her shoulder blades. Not a physical sensation more a slight discomfort as if she were being scrutinised from a distance. She twitched slightly and reflexly turned around.
The village square was filled with the usual inhabitants, doing their usual things, mainly brawling and no-one that she could see was looking at her.She shrugged and laughed to herself and went to turn her attention back to her companion. As her head turned she caught a glimpse of a lone figure walking down the road still some distance away. She stopped mid turn and stared, she shook herself dismissing the immediate thought that came to mind.
She couldn't help but look again.
Shadowcraft armour, she recognised its blue grey tint, and a wolfs head mask..a childhood memory made her smile. She looked back at the figure closer now, she glanced to his waist looking for his weapons, her heart thumped wildly and inexplicably as her eyes fell on a pair of black handled daggers. The huge sword slung across his back she ignored.
"Dad...?" she whispered to herself. She looked up again, the figure now closer still was surely walking towards her.

"Dad...?" she cried "Dad.." she stood rooted to the spot her legs and hands trembling in disbelief.
She turned to her companion and grasped his arm. "That's my dad..."she whispered incredulously.
"Dad..Dad...." she cried, she turned and on slightly unsteady feet started to run towards the approaching figure.
"Robi" he replied and stopped as she ran.
"Oh Dad..Dad...Daddy...." she sobbed as she reached him, his arms reached out and he caught her as she flung herself into his open arms.
For a long long moment she hugged him tightly, clinging to him as he did to her, breathing in his scent and drinking in his presence.
Her head buried into his shoulder and neck she cried softly.
She heard her father laugh softly and his hand stroked her hair as he gently lowered her to the ground.
"How youve grown..." he said and laughed. "Such lame words for a reunion"
Through her tears she smiled and laughed, she tried to speak, so many questions...so much to tell him...her words just would not come.
She stood and looked at him, disbelief and happiness in her expression.
Finally she found voice and tucking herself under his arm launched into an excited gabbling, telling him snippets, asking him questions, often breaking off to just look up at stare incredulously.
"Oh Dad I can't believe youre finally home..." she gasped "We can find someone to help mom now...and we can go back to The Loch and be a family again..."
So excited and taken with Robinos's return, she failed to notice at first that he had fallen completely silent.
His arm tightened around her shoulder and he squeezed her lovingly.
"Come I have something to say and show you" he said sombrely and led her towards the lakeside.
Despite her happiness, his tone made her apprehensive as he released her and turned to face her.
"I haven't come home little one" he said " I am here only to see you, a selfish act on my part I admit and Im sorry for what I am about to do"
Robi looked up at him unsure what to say or do, confusion in her head, he had come to see her but was leaving again? Why would seeing her be selfish? She tried to voice her thoughts but he put a finger to her lips
"Hear me first little one" he said
She nodded.
"First..." he said as he unstrapped the black hilted daggers from his waist and handed them to her.
She took them uncertainly and looked up questioning him with her eyes. She'd always loved these daggers ever since he'd first shown them to her, they were highly honed and polished and Robinos rarely went anywhere without them.
"Iv'e had those ever since my father gave them to me, and he had them from his father and so on" he explained "I now pass them to you...from father to...son"
He smiled
"You made me proud Robinas Zaoldyeck, a father couldn't have asked for more, youre more than a son could ever be, I am proud to call you Son of Zaoldyeck" he laughed kindly "If that is truly what you want to be"
She laughed with him and looked at the coveted daggers she now held.
"Why aren't you staying Dad?" she asked "Where did you go? Is that where youre going back to? Can't we come with you?"
Her voice was almost pleading again tears threatening to spill.
Robinos shook his head slowly
"I could not ask it of you or your mother Robi, and it is my love for you both that compels me"
"We love you Dad..it doesn't matter where we go...."
Robinos shook his head. "I know I know, your mother would come with me..honour her vows, but Robi...can you see her gentle soul being happy with this...?"
Her father raised his hand and pulled off the mask that had hidden his face and looked at her.
Robi stifled a yell and bit back her horror as she looked up and into the cold glittering eyes of a Deathknight.

"It would be no life for her, yet she would live it because she had promised herself to me..and for me too Robi, this half life is no life, remembering what I was, who I was.." he stroked her cheek.
"I ask you to understand that I do this for you and for Aesacha, so that she may find happiness again, I ask you not to tell her I was here"
Robi nodded mutely
Another stroke on her cheek and a kiss on her forehead.
"Goodbye Son of Zaoldyeck" he said and winked at her before turning away, drawing the huge sword as he did so.
She stood and watched him go through a haze of tears. She heard his voice call across the village
"Hey you..yes you Holy crusader...come on if youre man enough..do your holy duty....."

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 pm

"You have -got- to be kidding" Robi spluttered "No..no way..." her eyes flashed angrily at Angharad who stood imploringly in front of her.
"But..but Robi..please please...you have to..." Harrys eyes filled with tears "He'll be so disappointed and I can't just -not- turn up."
Robi looked at Harry, light what a fuss over a bloody play she thought.
"Let me get this straight Harry..you have to go to Kalimdor..now..this minute..mage business"
Angharad nodded.
"You have a date with Dudley tonight...."
"Don't call him that his name is Owyn" Angharad interrupted defensively.
Robi shut her up with a withering glare.
"You have a date with -Owyn- to go and see The Cavvie show? am I right so far?"
Angharad nodded again and opened her mouth to speak. Robi raised her hand to stop the question or comment.
"You can't make it because of mage business...and you can't let him know because he's away on Do goody business? How am I doing so far?"
"Yes exactly it Robi" Angharad replied, her voice still holding the edge of desperate pleading.
"And Owyn so wants to see this fecking play does he?" Robi asked antagonistically. "Sure as hell not gonna kill him to miss it...or..." Robi grinned slyly. "Maybe he could get another date..."
Robi rolled her eyes at the horror stricken look that Angharad gave her.
"Yes he might" Angharad said flatly "He really did want to see it, thats why I thought you could go in my place, you be his date for tonight.."
"Im too busy Harry..." Robi replied "I promised Dobbins in the inn that I'd supervise the paint as it dried"
Probably a tad more interesting than a date with Owyn she thought absently.
"Now youre just being plain nasty as usual" cried Angharad. "Its true what people say about you..that youre a sharp tongued sarcastic cow, always down on people..."
Robi looked up sharply slightly stung by Angharad's words yet shrugged and turned her head away.
"Oh please please Robi...just this once, I love him so much I don't want him to take anyone else..in case..."Angharad pleaded
"Oh and I'm not "anyone else" then?" Robi replied with a sigh.
"Well..no youre not..he doesn't like you much anyway.." Angharad started her response but wisely shut up as she saw Robis face.

"Then why in fels name would I go with him then?" Robi was sounding impatient.
"Maybe its an alien concept to you Robi..but maybe you might like to help a friend in need" Angharad sounded firm as she faced Robi.
Robi raised an eyebrow mildly suprised that Angharad had finally stood up to her, a long time coming too she thought.
Robi laughed.
"He doesn't like me huh?" Robi grinned "Finds me irritating and annoying?"
Angharad bit her lip and said nothing.
"Its a deal then..in those circumstances I'd simply adore to be his date..."
Angharads face lit up with a happy smile and she moved to hug Robi, who quickly side stepped away.
"Shouldn't you be heading to Kalimdor?" she said
Angharad nodded and made to leave
"Thank you Robi so much...it means a lot"
Robi watched Angharad leave then heaved a resigned sigh. What on earth had she let herself in for? What had possessed her to agree to it? Light a whole scintillating evening in the company of Owyn....she smiled to herself with some amusement as she imagined his reaction, the look of horror on his face as it dawned that she was his date not Harry.
"Ah well" she said to herself "better go make some effort then" and headed towards the inn.

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Robi scanned the crowd of people sitting in the park in front of a makeshift stage. She noticed Owyn sitting cross legged on the grass and with a last smooth of her hair took a deep breath prepared to join him.
Suddenly she felt very self concious for some unbeknown reason and wished, not for the first time that evening, that she hadn't decided to wear a dress.
She felt uncomfortable in the soft silk bodice that hugged her curves before falling to the floor in a loose cascade of softly rustling fabric. She had also uncharacteristically let her hair down so that it fell in a tumbling raven torrent down her back. She should she tried to rationalise, feel beautiful and feminine but instead she felt conspicuously half naked.
Mind you she thought, it was worth it for the look she'd got from Calahan, Goldshires local lothario. He'd almost done a double take as she left the inn and walked past him, he'd flashed her a smile and given her a low wolf whistle and her spirits were high. He'd made an impression on every female in the neighbourhood and had flirted and romanced all of them...except her. She'd idly wondered what was wrong with her, to be the only female in a two hundred mile radius, give or take, that he'd never made a move on.

Pushing it from her mind, she walked towards Owyn.

As she approached he turned his head and looked up, giving her a friendly smile as he spoke.
"Sorry My Lady, this place is reserved, I'm....." his brow puckered slightly as his eyes travelled up and down her form. He spluttered slightly "Robinas? Robinas? light what happened to you? Erm I mean..erm..ah yes..." and his cheeks flushed crimson.
She laughed lightly and not unkindly, she actually found his blushing quite endearing, in a sort of Dudley Doright sort of way...
"Er yeah" she replied "I had a wash..."
He laughed "You scrub up quite well if I may say so" then blushed again.
"Harry says sorry but shes stuck in Kalimdor doing mage stuff and can't make it" Robi explained "She sent me instead..."
Robi saw him swallow hard and paste a smile on his face.
"Ah..." he said a little lamely then muttered under his breath "and I thought Harry liked me..."
Suprisingly she found she found Owyn quite easy to talk to it seemed they shared the same wicked sense of humour and slipped quite naturally into good natured bantering and banding puns back and forth between them.

"Arghhhh" he laughed "enough.." then they fell into a companiable silence to watch the ensuing show.
She'd enjoyed the show and surprisingly enjoyed the company, they had been joined by a few friends of Owyns, a pregnant Nightelf called Nerwen and her wife Cynthia.Robi raised an eyebrow at the introduction, bit her lip to hide a smirk and looked away. Owyn gave her a small wink and they shared a smile.
Drinks followed, they all piled into the inn where she was questioned by the elves and Owyn grilled as to why he wasn't with Harry, who it seemed was their friend too. Robi was slightly taken aback, she hadn't really imagined Harry having friends at all...
"I feel as if I've seen a glimpse of the real Robi tonight" said Owyn later as they walked through the park on their way back to the city."and I must say the dress really suits you" and again his cheeks flushed slightly.
She laughed but nevertheless felt complimented.
"Come on lets throw a coin in the pool and make a wish" suggested Owyn
She looked up at him and laughed lightly then nodded. "Why not"
Two coins and a wish later she stood by the pool edge looking at the moons reflection in the clear water, she gave a slightly dreamy sigh then laughed at her silly thoughts.
"What you wish for?" she asked
"Can't tell you" he replied "won't come true else" he looked across at her and laughed.
They looked at each other for a long moment, then her foot slipped on the wet stone and with a yelp of surprise and maybe a touch of horror she tumbled inelegantly into the pond. The shock of the cold water seeping through the flimsy fabric was nothing compared to her embarrasment.
"Oh light" she thought as she hauled herself off her backside and stood up, her hair soaked and dripping in tail-like tendrils over her face.
She glanced across at Owyn expecting to see a smug smirk at her fall, instead he was smiling.
"What a great idea..well thought Robi" he said and before she had time to respond he had jumped into the pond beside her.
She knew he had done it to save her embarrassment and she was quite touched by the gesture, even felt a little guilty as his eyes shot wide as the cold water hit him.
They looked at each other and burst out laughing, what a sight they must look, a knight in armour and a rogue in a dress, standing thigh deep in a freezing cold pond at an unearthly hour.
Then before she could say anything he leant close and kissed her, she froze, stunned and shocked by his action. Then he had pulled away quickly and was climbing out of the pond.
"I..I...I...oh gods...I...Ro....I'm sorry, I'll go..Robi Im sorry..." he stumbled over his words as he quickly walked away, leaving her standing, still dazed in the pool.

She watched him walk away and her finger went to her lips, touching gently where he had kissed her, she frowned slightly then smiled.
"Owyn" she yelled after him as she clambered out of the pool."Owyn...come back"
She saw him stop and look back uncertainly, she waved her arm beckoning him towards her. He turned and walked towards her, as he drew nearer she could see his discomfort. She smiled
"I'm sorry Robi.." he said again " I don't know what I was thinking.."
She shook her head "Its fine Owyn, don't worry about it"
He looked at her, a small slightly embarrassed smile on his lips. "Not very Do-Right of me to steal a kiss from a lady...especially a rogue..aren't they supposed to be the ones that do the stealing?" he laughed playfully.
"Suppose so.." she replied laughing back before standing on her toes and very quickly pressing her lips to his.
"There..we're even now then" she laughed at the expression on his face.
"I was expecting a blade between my ribs at best.." he laughed and dodged to the side as if anticipating a play punch from her.
Then they were holding each other, their lips meeting again.
As they withdrew they locked eyes and smiled and both knew that he would not be going back to Harry.
Back to top Go down
Angharad
Angharad

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm

How could you do this to me Robi...?

I know you never liked me much, but to sink so low as to take the best thing that ever happened to me. It's a cruel thing to do...even for you.

"We never meant it to happen...." that's what Owyn told me as he gently broke my heart.
and your words of comfort? "Get over it Harry..."

Of course I put on a brave face as he told me, I think I even laughed when he told me who he was with, but inside I hurt and I hate you for what you've done. I want to see you suffer and see you cry and I despise myself for having these thoughts.

He's way too good for you, I just hope you don't drag him down to your level before you tire of him and cast him aside. Although I think I would like to see him hurt and again I hate myself for thinking this way and I blame you and your callous disregard for other people for making me be this way.
My mind is filled with thoughts of vengeance and hate for you, and the more I dwell on it the more I want it. I want to see you die in his arms and laugh at his pain....

I can't cope like this, so this is a farewell Robi, I'm going to the Cathedral and train to be a priestess, maybe the light will soothe me and heal the hurt you've both done me.

Be happy while it lasts, which Im sure won't be long.

yours truly

Angharad

Back to top Go down
Owyn
Owyn

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:05 pm

I have difficulty explaining it to myself what has happened, never mind to another person. Harry stands before me smiling happily and her ignorance of what I'm about to say just magnifies my guilt.

Angharad is innocent, kind and quite beautiful, easy to see why a man could fall for her. But despite this I've found myself drawn to another. She doesn’t deserve to be hurt by anyone least of all me. Part of me is sickened by what I’ve done, the hurt I’m about to inflict. I don’t regret my actions and what has brought me to this though.

A slow deep breath and then I break her heart. I reach to stroke her cheek but she grabs my hand holding my touch a hairsbreadth from her skin. Her smile seems so soft and genuine, but the grip of her hand betrays that

“I knew something like this would happen. But I don't blame you. I want you to be happy, that you’d find me undeserving”

How can she say that so readily, surely she can’t think that any of this is her fault for even a moment? I can see the glint of moisture in her eyes.

Her grasp tightens further as I tell her who……and she laughs heartily. She sounds amused, maybe cruel even.

“She’ll just use you, tire of you and throw you aside one day you know. That’s who she is”

“Perhaps you might be right, but it’s my folly to make and I’m willing to make it. But I hope you’re wrong”
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Robi wished her mother were still alive so she could tell her about Owyn, how she had met and fallen for the shy young paladin and how they were enjoying their first few weeks together.
Her mother would understand, she would smile and say "Thats nice,,Im so happy for you....".
She had told Elkan, her mothers oldest and dearest friend, but he had just brought his wet blanket out and dampened her spirits. "Whilst Im happy for you dear..." he had started in his deep rich voice, "I should warn you, well maybe thats a bit strong...tell you to be aware...that a first love is invariably not the only love nor the greatest...". At that point she had stopped listening and just nodded now and then in feigned agreement, whilst in her head replayed the last few weeks with Owyn.
After the night of the play they spent every spare moment they had together although both of them were busy, Owyn with his soldiering, always it seemed off to battlegrounds to earn his honours, whilst she worked out of Ravenholdt mainly in Outland.
But when they met..it seemed to her that the rest of the world ceased to exist and there was just Owyn and her and their deep intense feelings.

She wasnt seeing him tonight, he had been called to the Cathedral for supplication and meditation, so she mooched alone into the inn in Goldshire, a place she rarely visited these days.

She shivered in the chilly evening air and gratefully headed towards the huge fireplace and its cracking, inviting fire.
She scowled as she saw a strange man standing dead centre in front of the hearth.
"Hog it all why don't you?" she muttered.
He turned to face her
"Say something?" he said
She shook her head petulantly
"Gonna be there all night?" she grumbled.
He shrugged
"Its big enough for two" he said and gave her a faint smile.
She smiled back and moved to the fire.
They fell into stilted conversation, he asked her about herself which she answered openly, relishing the fact she had an audience to regale with her tales of Owyn.
"Are you married?" she asked, realising she was probably boring him.
"Not yet..an hour though and I will be, getting married in Stormwind tonight"
Robi smiled and offered her congratulations.
When she asked if his family would be there he fell silent and shook his head, then as if changing the subject asked her about hers.
"Parents are both dead, dad died in Outland..mother killed herself"
He raised an eyebrow but said nothing
"I have a half brother, mothers first child, fathered by that bastard who..." she broke off before her tirade started and smiled apologetically. She laughed slightly "Me and Dad called him "the dead mans bastard"
Another raised eyebrow "Harsh..." he said.
"Best thing he ever did for her was die" said Robi half to herself.
"Who?" he asked
"Telrunya" she answered bitterly "it was his fault she killed herself..."
"What was your mothers name?" he asked, his face was ashen and his hands trembled slightly
"What do you want to know that for?" Robi responded
She gasped as he gripped her shoulders hard and looked into her eyes
"What..was..her..name?" he was emphatic
"Sasha...Sasha Zaoldyeck" Robi stammered, taken aback by the intensity of his questioning
"Where is she?" he asked still grasping her shoulders
"Dead"
"Where is she?"
His face was white as he looked at her, his eyes bored into hers, she squirmed and he held her fast.
"Who wants to know anyway?" she asked
"Take me to her.." he said his voice somewhere between a command and a plea.
She raised an eyebrow almost belligerently.
He released her and held her gaze, his deep amethyst eyes holding hers.
"I'm Telrunya..." he said simply "Where is she?"
She yelped and struggled from his grasp.
"You...." she didnt know how to phrase the gamut of words that all tried to escape her lips at once.
She wanted to hit him, hurt him, swear at him...he had a nerve asking to see her mother..he had as good as killed her...
"Take me to her...please" he said again
And Robi nodded.

She took him to Ravenholdt to the shade of the hollow tree and pointed at a rather small flower covered mound. She swallowed hard as she laid a rose.
"She's there" her voice choked.
He nodded his thanks
"A minute with her if you please?"
She nodded and moved away slightly.
She watched him kneel by the grave and tried to hate him but couldnt quite do it, his grief and pain were so tangilble as she tried not to listen to him as he spilled his heart to Sasha.
She heard him say he loved her, that there had only ever been her, and he was so sorry it had taken her death to make him see what a fool he had been.
Robi felt her eyes fill with tears and somewhere in the back of her mind hoped she would never have to feel the grief he was feeling and that no-one would feel it because of her. She determined there and then to tell Owyn how she felt about him, she couldnt imagine how she would feel if he died and she had left it unsaid.

She watched Telrunya place a broken sword on the grave.
"You never quite knew the significance of this did you Sasha?" he said oblivious to her presence now "I will find her is the inscription...and I did..."
He rose and turned to her and nodded his thanks.
"I have to go" he said "I have something to do"
Robi gasped
"Your wedding...."
He shook his head
"No, something far more important than that" he replied and made his leave.
She watched him go, her heart full of pity, her head still wanting to hate him. She pulled herself together and hurried to leave back to the city, back to find Owyn.

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Robi sat with her back against the wall of her "private" room. It was in reality a caged off area at the back of the much larger cell. Isolated for her own protection from the exclusively male prisoners deep within the stockades.
She was hoping that the reason she was still in the Stockades and not deported with the other female prisoners was that Ravenholdt or SI:7 were doing something to secure her release.

She'd laughed at Fahrad when he'd asked her to infiltrate a group of Defias in Duskwood, evidently SI:7 couldn't spare a man and asked Ravenholdt to supply someone.
"Bit low brow isn't it?" she said "Cant you send a recruit?"
"Got none spare sweetheart" he'd said in response "Anyway, easy job for you, can't have the pally's little princess in danger now can we?
She raised an eyebrow puzzled slightly by the facetious tone in his voice.
She didn't press the issue, she knew what he was getting at and wasn't going to justify herself to him.
He didn't like that she'd married a paladin..tough shit she thought. There was certainly no love lost between Owyn and Fahrad.
They'd squared up to each other on the balcony at Ravenholdt, Fahrad had raised his hand to her at something she'd either said or done, she couldn't remember the details now, and Owyn had caught Fahrad's wrist and growled some warning about touching her. Fahrad had gone for his dagger and she had laughed, stepped between them tentatively and tried to joke it off.
Both men backed off from each other but the unfinished business between them was all too obvious.

So she donned the black leather outfit and red mask of the defias and joined The Nightblades.
It had been ridiculously easy almost a training exercise in lock-picking and information extraction. Within a week or so she'd got the information requested of her and made to leave quietly when Sven Yorgen and his little gang made another attempt to take back the farm The Defias had occupied, only this time he'd brought a contingent of Stormwind Protectors with him. The fight had been over so quickly she hadn't had time to get away and was rounded up and arrested with the others. taken to the stockades.
She'd been here for weeks it seemed and still no sign of Ravenholdt.
Owyn would be frantic but he probably wouldn't think of The Stockades, hell she thought, had he even known where she'd been sent by Fahrad?
They were all due up before the courts soon, perhaps it would be then that Fahrad or Matthias Shaw would pull her out.
A guard leered at her through the bars.
She sneered back at him.
"You'll all be hanging this time tomorrow, prisons too full, gonna have us a mass execution..." he laughed.
She hoped he was just just playing at scare tactics, making himself important, but a look at the faces of some of the other prisoners and she suspected events had just taken a turn for the worse.
"Hurry up Fahrad" she willed silently.
Distant shouts and muffled cries reached the edge of her hearing and she wondered what was happening now, everyday it seemed there was some kind of riot starting or minor revolt by the prisoners, all of which were met with extreme violence from the guards and any mercenary fighters they could conscript in.
"ROBI!" a muffled and still distant shout.
"ROBI!" it came again, slightly nearer but broke off with a grunt followed by a clash of steel.
"WHERE ARE YOU?" then more clashes and groans, followed by the sound of heavy plate boots running on stone.
She stood up
"OWYN?" she yelled back.
The prisoners in the large cell had gone to join the fray, leaving her alone.
There was an almighty clatter and several gasps and groans of injured and dying.
"OWYN, IS THAT YOU?" she yelled
"Why? who else were you expecting?" Owyn said as he entered the cell, he grinned briefly at her. before becoming serious. "Stand back gorgeous, Im going to break that lock"
She pressed herself back against the wall as Owyn's huge sword arced through the air and shattered through the cell lock.
The door swung open and she ran out. Owyn grabbed her and embraced her tightly for a brief moment before holding her at arms length and scanning her with concerned eyes.
"Are you alright?"
She nodded.
"I'm not asking you how or why..." he started "Yet..."
She smiled up at him.
"We have to get out of here Robi" he said "They'll be back with the guard soon"
She opened her mouth, her face curiously concerned
"Who..?What happen..."
"No time love we have to get out of here, I'll explain on the way"
She nodded and followed him out.
She looked around at the carnage, guards and prisoners alike either dead or badly wounded, all bearing gashes and slashes from Owyns sword.
"You..you did all this?" she gasped awed
Owyn responded with a curt nod.
"No choice beautiful, they wouldn't let me in or you out.."
"But..you..the law..." she knew what she wanted to say but couldnt find the words as she looked at the human devastation.
Owyn shrugged
"They took my choices away, I tried to reason..." He replied "Now come on we have to get out of the city before they find this."
She nodded and shot him a soft but grateful smile.
"Come on then my hero..lets go" she said.
He took her hand and together they ran.

Back to top Go down
Fahrad
Fahrad

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:57 pm

"Damn" spat Fahrad as he finished reading the letter that had been thrust into his hand. "Operation Woodcutter just fell through, seems somebody funded Yorgen to attack his farm and the whole operation has been smashed, all Nightblades arrested and taken to Stormwind"
Winston Wolfe nodded gravely
"Zaoldyeck was there wasn't she?" he asked "Shame, damn good operative she was"
Fahrad glowered "Was? you mean is..we wont leave her because those big city boys cocked up again"
"Can't be done Fahrad, you know the protocol, she knew it too, Ravenholdt cannot be seen to interfere"
A string of obscenities uttered from Fahrad and he shrugged off the patronising pat on the shoulder from his peer.
"However" continued Wolfe "Theres nothing to stop you letting slip where she is to the right ears..."
The men exchanged a grin.

A word from Lord Ravenholdt to Matthias Shaw secured Robi's continued incarceration at the Stockades rather than be shipped with the other females to the corrective institution in the wilds of Desolace. True he had to say she was most wanted and was sentenced to hang but hopefully the men would come through before the event.
A few barked orders to his operatives and Operation Z was under-way.

" Oh and Johnson...find out who funded Yorgen and deal with it..." he added as an after thought. "Nothing to trace it back to us..."
He looked at the rogue before him looking uncomfortable in the heavy platemail.
"You know what to do Adam? You know who youre looking for?"
The rogue nodded as he left, walking clumsily in the unaccustomed heavy armour.
"Aye Sir, if I ever get there...." he muttered gloomily.

The "rogue-adin" as his peers has dubbed him clanked his way through the cathedral to where the paladins on duty were receiving orders and bendictions. He spied his target and as casually as the cumbersome gear allowed walked across.
"Evening Sir" he said to Owyn who was just rising from prayers.
Owyn nodded in return.
"I believe Im to report to you for orders on where to take the female prisoner before the execution"
Owyn looked taken aback, it was news to him.
"Uhm..." he said wracking his brain in case he had uncharacteristically forgotten an order.
"We are to take prisoner Zaoldyeck to a secure location before they hang her tomorrow?" the rogue prompted
Owyns head came up sharply
"Say that again..."
The rogue repeated his lines
Owyn's face clouded with worry and confusion and his hand went to his sword.
"Robinas Zaoldyeck?" Owyn asked urgently
The rogue nodded "Thats the babe, not that there'll be much to hang once those female starved prisoners in the Stockades get their er..hands..on her eh Sir?"

"Any orders Sir..." but he was talking to an empty space, he could just about see Owyn dashing from the Cathedral.
"Mission accomplished" he grinned to himself
Back to top Go down
arli
arli

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:21 pm

(( Enjoying this thread Robi - "rogue-adin" and the hint at the Ravenholdt banter really made me smile. ))
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:17 pm

The pair sat high on Aldor Rise in Shattrath City, their legs dangling down over the precipitous ledge as they leaned back on their elbows and basked in the warm sun.
"mmmm this is nice" said Robi to no-one in particular, "well would be if it wasn't for those ugly goat men.." she added glancing over her shoulder, wary in case one should appear and throw her out. She had chosen to ally with the scryers and as such had to keep a safe distance from the hub of the Aldor.
"Now now gorgeous" Owyn laughed lightly "Be nice...theyre not goats.."
Robi grinned at her husband
"No, but its funny how there wasn't any such thing as goats cheese til they arrived...."
Owyn leaned across and ruffled her hair and in return she patted his cheek, smiling up at him.

It had been sometime now since their dramatic exit from Stormwind, Owyn snatching her from the Stockades after a botched SI:7 sortie and their subsequent self imposed exile from the major alliance cities.
Owyn killing a lot of men getting her away and she by escaping "justice" had set them on Stormwind wanted list. At this time it would be foolish to return.
At first they had lived on the money they had put by and generally exploring their new home of outland. enjoying a new found freedom of sorts doing what they liked when they liked with no one to answer to. Robi flourished and blossomed, living every moment to the full, she glowed with health and vitality. Owyn too at first seemed to relish his new found liberation from the rigours of the military, he banked the heavy armour and took to wearing casual leather or fabric clothes, he often didn't shave for days at a time and slipped into their new life with seeming ease. It was a heady happy time despite the reasons for their being there, roaming the wilds of Nagrand, killing game to eat when they were hungry, building camp when they were tired, long balmy days of sun-kissed exploration, long nights of making love and sleeping beneath the star strewn sky.

But lately she thought Owyn had become restless, at times he looked pale and drawn and if she caught him unawares, often unhappy. She tried to ask him if anything was wrong, but he'd smile and wrap an arm around her and assure her he was fine. She'd cuddle up under his arm and pretend she believed him.
She wished she knew what was wrong, hoping it wasn't her he was tiring of, living constantly together, never apart, perhaps he was just sick of the sight of her....
Then she would catch him looking at her and knew from his eyes this wasn't the case, she could tell how he felt for her, and she wondered what she had ever done to deserve such love.

Her looked at Owyn as he peered down over the ledge.
"You want to tell me whats wrong then?" she asked gently
He glanced up at her and gave a pale smile and sighed slightly.
She arched her brow encouragingly.
"I'm no good at this Robi..." he said finally."This living off the wild, sneaking around...its your expertise, your world you love it and it loves you...but Robi Im a soldier...and its paining me to see you being our provider, I should be protecting you..." He broke off and shrugged helplessly "Im no good explaining myself either..."
She edged towards him and wrapped herself around him and hugged him close.
"Hey, we're a team..no more of that..we're in this together and I'll make a rogue out of you yet..." she tried to laugh it off, but his discontent was so tangible she couldnt help but feel concerned, she loved him and hated to see him like this.
He poked her playfully then took her hand.
"Come on" he said and pulled her in front of him her back against his chest. His arms wrapped around her tightly. "Lets jump.."
"Hu....?" Robi started but before the question had left her lips, Owyn lunged forward and sweeping her with him leapt fearlessly from the high ledge of the Aldor tier.
"Arrggghhhhhhh" she yelled as the adrenalin rush hit her, then laughed aloud as their descent slowed and a shimmering bubble seemed to encase them.They landed somewhat inelegantly at the feet of a Draenei sentry mounted on his elekk.
Owyn picked himself up and dusted himself down before offering his hand and pulling her to her feet.
"I hope you don't mind us dropping in...." said Owyn he nodded at the draenei, who looked down at them and rolled his eyes.
The pair burst out laughing and like mischievous children fled the scene.

A few days later after buying some supplies she found Owyn talking to a rather rough looking nightelf female, she also noticed Owyn was again wearing his plate-mail armour.
"This is Petunia" Owyn introduced them
Robi stifled a laugh, anything less like a Petunia she couldn't imagine, she wrinkled her nose, and certainly didn't smell like her fragrant name.
"She's asked me to help them on a mission in The Bone Wastes" Owyn enthused.
"Thats...er nice" she replied, then smiled as she saw Owyn's old spirit and fervour in his eyes. He'd missed this she thought, being bold and strong and relied on. "I think you should go"
He nodded and readied to leave.
How it happened she didnt know but somehow she found herself being dragged along and before long they were standing in a cold corridor preparing to face a lot of vicious looking armour plated orcs.
"Light she thought" as she looked at her pair of flimsy looking daggers. "I'm outta here..."
"Raaaawwwrrr" her thoughts of escape were shattered as Owyn let out an almighty cry, and what seemed to be half the population of Orgrimmar charged towards him. She was aware of him effortlessly swinging his sword at the oncoming throng. She slipped into shadow and ran into the melee.
She found she was quite enjoying it after a fashion, it had been a while since she had tested herself in armed combat like this. Well ever really...
Sneaking in, stunning and hitting fast before sneaking out to regain her strength and breath.
Not very fruitful though all in all, she had never seen anyone strip a corpse of all its belongings as quickly as Petunia.
A few more of these sorties followed over the weeks, each time Owyn seemed to find more of his old self and seemed happier.

One night as they lay in each others arms, she felt Owyn was almost reborn, his old zeal and enthusiasm had returned and she knew their situation would have to change, he would never be himself or truly happy while a fugitive.
He held her close and lightly kissed her head.
"I'm going to surrender myself to Stormwind" he told her firmly "I'm not asking you to come with me, but I think its something we should do..."
Robi spluttered
"They'll hang us..."
"Not necessarily" he replied "We can ask for their mercy"
"Yeah..right"
They argued the subject for some time, neither convincing the other that their way was right.
She was damned if she was going back to Stormwind to hang, yet looking at Owyn she knew he was determined on this course of action and a dilemma raged inside.Desert her husband in time of need or go with him and take "til death us do part" to its literal conclusion?

"
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 am

Robi opened the door of the bed chamber without knocking and strode inside.
Fahrad stood bare chested at the foot of a large bed. He spun around at the sound of intrusion hand stretching for a dagger at the foot of the bed, his body primed cat-like for attack.
He relaxed when he saw his visitor, raised an eyebrow and gave her what could only be described as a lecherous smile.
"Timings out sweetheart, another second or two and you'd have caught me with my pants down..." he grinned.
"Some small mercies left in the world then..." she grinned back.
"So...what can I do for Stormwinds most wanted then?" he laughed "Come to hide have we?" He glanced around looking. "Wheres Perfect Pete then?"
Robi cast Fahrad a frown and sighed affectedly.
"Shut up Fahrad...jealousy doesn't become you..." she retorted.
"Jeal...?" he started but Robi raised her hand and silenced him with a glare.
"He' gone to Stormwind Fahrad...given himself up..." she started as she sat down heavily on the end of Fahrads bed, worry etching her face. "They'll hang him, he hasn't the rank to be allowed any real hearing...they'll...." she broke off unable to continue.
"Hey..." Fahrad looked at her with concern and sat beside her draping a reassuring arm around her shoulder. She leaned against him seeking comfort in his presence.
Robi explained how that morning, Owyn had said a tender farewell to her, forbidding her to follow him until he'd tested Stormwinds reaction, if they listened to him, he'd let her know the outcome and whether it was safe for her to return.
If she didn't hear from him then she was to assume the worst and stay away at all costs.
She'd tried to reason with him but he wouldn't be swayed he needed to "Do the right thing" regardless of the ultimate consequences.
She'd clung to his arm, desperately trying to stop him, she then grabbed her bag and said she was going with him and to her shame, felt relief when he forbade her to. He'd kissed her desperately, held her face in his gauntleted hand and looked at her for a long moment as if memorising every detail.
"Goodbye Robi" he said and turned away, striding confidently towards the flight master.
She started to run after him but as if he had anticipated it, raised his hand and spoke firmly.
"If you have any love and respect for me as a husband, you will honour this request I make of you..."
And Robi had no answer.

"You have to do something Fahrad..." she sighed
Fahrad looked at her
"Like what? You know we have no jurisdiction in Stormwind, we're just Alterac lowlife to the big city boys..."Fahrad replied vehemently.
"His lordship has...he has some holds on the seat of power..he's well connected...he could command Matt Shaw to shift his arrogant arse and do something" Robi was sounding desperate.
Fahrad laughed.
"Yeah..but why is he going to call in favours for a paladin?" he argued.
Robi looked lost as she shrugged helplessly.
"You could ask him..tell him...he listens to you"
"He does, whats in it for me though? If I remember, Perfect Pete took a slug at me not that long ago..."
Robi looked at Fahrad and slipped out from under his arm.
"What do you want? I havent got much gold..."
"Gold Robi?" he laughed as he eyed her "I'm sure you can give me something sweeter than gold..." he let his voice trail off as his eyes roved her body.
"You bastard Fahrad..." she spat "You'd want me to..to...in return for saving Owyn?"
He grinned.
She looked at him measuring up his sincerity, and she couldn't gauge him at all.
Flinging her unbuckled belt onto the floor at his feet she spat.
"Get it over with then...my husbands life is worth more to me, five minutes staring at your ceiling while you grunt into your pillow is a small price"
Fahrad eyed her then laughed.
"You would huh?" he raised an eyebrow "whats he got to deserve such devotion I wonder" he leaned towards her smiling warmly and patted her cheek good naturedly then turned away.
"Leave it with me sweetheart..Ill see what I can do" and with that he pulled on a shirt and left her alone in the room.

Back to top Go down
Fahrad
Fahrad

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Why is it when I see that black hair and that dark armoured figure walking towards me, do I get the feeling there's going to be something I don't want to hear? Some almost impossible request.
And why is it when she looks up at me with those soulful brown eyes, despite the fact I know Im being manipulated, I find myself agreeing.
Thats Zaoldyeck for you though.

The last time was no exception, wanted us to get a pardon for her husband, the bloody idiot had surrendered himself to Stormwind "justice" after snatching Robi from The Stockades, she was right in what she said though, he didnt have enough sway in the military to be listened to in any in depth. Chances were they'd hang him.
I wondered how far she'd go and made a veiled offer that in return for services I'd see what I could do.
Angrily she'd told me to "get it over with". One lucky guy is Perfect Pete, a wife that would do anything to save him, no matter what.
I pulled a shirt on and went to see what I could do.

I couldn't help but smile wryly. She'd done it again, Zaoldyeck had called my bluff.

I couldn't see what we could do, the guys a paladin. we have no say in Stormwind politics or justice. Even Lord Ravenholdt despite his connections would be limited in this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adam, get to Stormwind...check out the situation with the paladin," Fahrad said "Yes, afraid so boy, armour"
Adam sighed and uttered a few profanities at his smirking comrades.
"Vic...get into SI:7 see if we can find something that may be useful..don't get caught, you don't have a burly paladin to rush in and save you" grinned Fahrad "or is there something you're not telling us?"
"Cherie, you courier Lord Ravenholdts message to the King"
"Aye Sir"
"Ok men, "Operation Perfect Pete" is under-way.
Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:48 pm

What they did or whose strings they pulled she never found out to her complete satisfaction, when asked Fahrad simply gave her a wink and said "You owe me one Zaoldyeck"
She'd hugged him hard and kissed his cheek before running to the cathedral entrance to wait for Owyns release. She paced the steps looking and watching and waiting for what seemed like hours.

Then there he was, blinking in the sunlight, looking pale and unshaven. The guards handed him his shield and sword and snapped a salute.
"Sorry Sir, a misunderstanding Sir" they muttered.
Owyn nodded acknowledgement, he was confused what they meant but his face didnt betray it.
"Owyn..." Robi shouted as she saw him
He turned and smiled at the sound of her voice.
"Light..are you a sight for sore eyes" he replied "C'mere"
She ran to him and flung herself into his waiting arms, and oblivious to those around their lips met in a desperately passionate kiss.

They'd gone home, rested a while and revelled in their release.
Then gradually Owyn brought up the subject of their escapade.

"Why?" he'd asked
And Robi explained the failed mission for Ravenholdt.
"That's it Robi...no more" he said grimly when she'd finished
She looked at him curiously.
"Don't look like that, you know what I mean, No more Ravenholdt Robi, you leave them..."
She looked at him dumbstruck and incredulously gave a short laugh.
"It was Ravenholdt got us off the hook..." she started
He held his hand up to silence her, his face grimly determined.
"You were never "on the hook"" he replied "Ravenholdt found a mug to run blindly in and get you off it..." he stabbed his finger to his chest "This one..."

She'd tried to explain but Owyn was determined and angry like she'd never seen him before. He felt he'd been played for a fool and was not going to be swayed.
"I can't leave..." she began plaintively
"..or wont?" he interjected. "Im serious Robi, I want you away from there, it's them or me"
There it was said and she looked at him searchingly, his face told her all she needed to know, he was serious, deadly serious.
She thought for a brief moment of trying to call his bluff, surely he loved her more than that? to walk away from her because of Ravenholdt?
She opened her mouth but said nothing as she realised this was one gamble she didnt dare take.
Instead she nodded slowly and cast her eyes down.

"Ok Owyn." she said finally "You win, I'll go see Fahrad..."

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Owyn read the letter, his eyebrows raising then furrowing as his eyes scanned the text.
Robi watched curiously wondering what was contained in the official looking letter that had been hand delivered this morning.
Owyn sighed as he finished reading.
"What is it?" she ventured casually
"Uhm..oh nothing much" he replied somewhat distractedly.

"Is it about your arrest?" she asked cautiously.
"Uhm..yes, well no, well sort of" Owyn sounded slightly annoyed. Well no not annoyed more irritated.
"Want to tell me?" she asked
He looked across at her and smiled as he sat down and patted his lap. She walked across and curled up against him, his huge arm circling around her.
He explained that the letter apologised for the confusion but went on to advise him that although it had been an "unfortunate misunderstanding" he had nevertheless contravened the laws and rules governing the conduct of Paladins and as such would be subject to some kind of restitution requirements.

Robi looked at him perplexed.
"And that means?" she asked "just some fancy Holy Joe speak for you can't get away with it, youre getting a slap on the wrist"
Owyn laughed and held her to him, kissing the top of her head.
"What you got to do then? find little old ladies and help them across the road and other worthwhile paladin tasks? Put down the sword and shield and pick up the poop scoop and plastic bag..." Robi laughed.
Owyn prodded her playfully and tickled her sides, she squealed and squirmed as they played.
He became serious again.
"Actually Robi" he said "I got drafted....off to Northrend as of tomorrow ship leaves at first tide, I don't know when I'll be back..."
"I'll come too" she smiled, which changed to a frown as Owyn shook his head.
"Too dangerous, you are not to go, do you understand me?" he said holding her close.

They'd argued, her voicing the opinion he was always demanding of her him countering that she never complained of his demands at bedtime, to which they both fell about laughing and launched into another playfight.

The issue it seemed was resolved Owyn would serve his sentence as a tour of duty in Northrend, she it appeared would stay at home and wait..banned from following banned from Ravenholdt...

As they curled up to sleep she cast her eyes up at Owyns dozing form.
"Hah..we'll see Dudley...we'll see..."she whispered to herself

Back to top Go down
Owyn
Owyn

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 pm

((my own small contributions to Son of Z))

As day broke a single lonely sliver of light snuck through a crack in the wooden door and cautiously crept across the room in time with the rising sun, as if the light itself was afraid of being alone in the darkened room. Fleeing from its isolation it soon found companionship in the face of the sleeping paladin sprawled out on a mattress.

Owyn wrinkled his nose at first, grumbled in a semiconscious incoherent manner second, before finally cracking open one eye and another as the offending light politely refused to bugger off and continued clinging to his features for safety. At his side he could hear Robinas drawing breath deep in slumber, her back to him as her silhouette pulsed in gentle time with each exhalation.

He lay there for a while listening for nothing in particular before coming to a decision and pulled himself lightly from the bed so as not to disturb. Hand out groping as he crosses the room in the semi darkness, going more by memory than sight until he find his armour propped up against the wall. This he can do without sight, strapping and buckling each piece of plate and chain in turn as he has done a thousand times before.

As the last piece slid into place he pauses and turns back to the bed, aware of being watched even though Robi’s shade hasn’t changed since he got up.

“It’s time for me to go. The boat for will be leaving in a couple of hours”

Silence, though he could tell the gaze from the one watching him was a lot cooler now and considerably more hostile.

“Are you going to say goodbye?”

Robinas snorted in derision at the question, and turned back over in the bed facing away.

“Goodbye Owyn”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owyn saddled up his horse, now his only companion for the foreseeable months in Northrend, and he had to admit not one he found particularly good looking or much of a conversationalist. Setting off at a canter, the hour or so ride gave him time to dwell upon his situation. Asking Robinas not to accompany him might have been the smarter move, but it would have quickly turned into a back and forth, then an argument and a battle of tongues and Owyn knew no-one had a sharper tongue than her. Commanding her to remain he knew was definitely asking for trouble, a good battle of wills she might even enjoy but being told to sit and stay would do nothing but get her hackles up.

“Too late now, what’s done is done” he thought to himself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearing noon as Owyn rode into Menethil harbour, the town packed with soldiers, sailors, locals and yokels readying a fleet of ships for the sea voyage north. Weaving his mount through the crowd, he was directed to the most distant pier where he would find the vessel “Northspear” ready to depart. The large icebreaker a bustle of last minute preparation as he approached, crew running back and forth along her decking shouting to one another and so it wasn’t until he reached within a few feet of her hull that he noticed one figure contrasting the others, sat calmly unmoving atop a coil of spare rigging.

“Almost didn’t think you’d make it there Dudley, we’re due to set off soon. Had a chat with the captain and all, said it would be his privilege to lend me his cabin for the voyage” said Robinas with a playful smirk on her lips.

Owyn opened and closed his mouth a few times, a little lost for words as Robinas started walking up the gangplank, pausing to look back over her shoulder at him.

“Chop chop, I can’t be sitting around waiting for you y’know” she winked.

Owyn slid down off his mount still eyeing her, plucking one of the saddlebags from the side of his steed and tossed into her arms.

“Here, you’ll be needing this lot….lucky I thought ahead and already packed your things for you” said Owyn, smiling at her.

“Lucky indeed” she replied warmly with a smile of her own.

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 am

She lounged comfortably under Owyn's arm as the ship sailed between the high narrow entrance to the fjord. Robi gazed up at the towering magnificence of the rocky escarpments that loomed over them from both sides. Large white icebergs drifted by in silent majesty, the stillness and calm broken only by the plaintive sound of distant sea-birds that wheeled around overhead.
The water was a clear crystal blue, broken only by the wake of the ship as it continued its voyage taking them into their new unknown venture. The ship itself seemed small and insignificant amidst the stark grandeur of the fjords.
"It's fecking freezing..." she shivered as they disembarked at what appearred to be little more than a cluster of tents pitched in scrubland between stacks of supply crates. She looked around and smiled ruefully. "Classy..." she looked up at Owyn and grinned "You sure know how to give a girl a good time"
Owyn grinned back and ruffled her hair "I have to report in, you stay here, look around and see if you can find us some supplies" he said as he kissed the top of her head."And gorgeous?" he added with his playful smirk "Be nice..."
She watched him walk away for a moment then turned her attention to the small camp. A commotion at the dockside drew her attention. A raucous squawk and a string of expletives from an unseen person.
"Charlie..." she thought and ran over to the ship.
True enough her gryphon Charlie was flapping and attacking all that approached.She hurried to the cage that had confined him for the voyage.
"Leave him..he'll be ok" she barked at a deckhand who was poking Charlie with a broom handle. "Sshhhh Charlie it's ok..." she soothed.
"This your beast Miss?" an official looking man addressed her, she nodded abstractly as she continued to sooth her troubled mount.
"You can't bring him into Northrend Miss..quarantine rules and such" he addressed her
"Huh?"
"The creature can't come here, it has to be placed in quarantine for three months to ensure it's free of disease. We'll impound it to the stable master and you can collect him when he's passed his checks" he added in a kinder tone as he saw her face fall.
She tried to argue but she could see she was getting nowhere fast, seemed every argument she had was countered with the threat of a fine, which increased every time she spoke.
"Don't worry Miss, he'll be looked after, you can take your horse, we've inoculated it.

Reluctantly, after a fond farewell to Charlie she led Indy off the ship.
"Supplies..." she remembered suddenly and leaving Indy in the stables hurried off to find a vendor.
"How much?!" she gasped, "Youre having a laugh....at least the defias have the decency to wear masks when they rob..."
The vendor was unimpressed and shrugged."costs what it costs lady..."
She bought the supplies and begrudgingly handed over the gold.
"Light" she thought "Money wont last long at this rate..."
Owyn found her grumbling to herself as she chewed on a loaf of bread.
"I have to report to Westguard Keep" he explained with a sigh "But the convoy got lost so we have to get there under our own steam I'm afraid"
She looked up frowning.
"Typical Stormwind efficiency...." she complained "Bet Thrall's lot don't have this palaver..."
Owyn smiled down at her but said nothing, he knew full well by now that Robi in this mood should be just left to get on with it, he would as usual, follow behind and out of her earshot would discreetly apologise to those who fell foul of her tongue.
They agreed to spend the night in the inn and leave at dawn fully refreshed.
As they breakfasted in the inn they discussed their journey.
"Its about four days ride if we push it" Owyn explained "However, the cost of stuff and the unknown factors out there.." he gestured vaguely.
Robi smiled, her mood slightly appeased by a reasonable nights sleep
"I have a week to report " he continued "So I thought we could explore a little on the way and maybe take some small contracts to fill the purse..."
Robi nodded as she finished her breakfast, pushing the remaining fruit and bread into her bag.
"For later..." she explained as Owyn looked at her quizzically.
"It's a bit...." he started but laughed and shook his head. It wasn't exactly honest of them but as Robi pointed out they had paid for breakfast and he knew by now that to say no would only cost them time while she sneaked back and took it anyway.

"Come on then lets get moving...sooner we get there, sooner you can do your holy duty and we can get back to civilisation..." she laughed as they mounted and set out into their new unknown.

Back to top Go down
Robi Kaezlan.
Robi Kaezlan.

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:48 pm

They'd been happy times, their ventures in Northrend, from their first foray into the unknown of Howling Fjord and the subsequent contracts and postings.
Full of bravado and a touch of trepidation they'd taken their first tentative steps out of Vailiance Keep into a melee, a whirlwind attack from huge half naked savages.
"Whoa..." Robi had gasped as she flung herself from Indys back and slipped into the shadows.
"Theyre huge...." she whispered to Owyn who grinned at her, his eyes alive with the thought of the thrill of the engagement to come.
"You know what they say gorgeous..." he said with a wink "The bigger they are the harder...." he broke of suddenly as a mighty fist slammed down, he raised his shield to protect from the blow.the force of it knocking him to the ground.
"..they hit?" volunteered Robi with a wan smile
"Something like that yes..." Owyn grinned back as he sprang to his feet and engaged the attacking giant.
That it seemed set the pace and tone for the first part of their journey, what was it about these giants that they seemed to sense her even in shadows, yanking her from her sanctuary with a roar and a flurry of clubs and fists. Her weapons which had served her well in Outland somehow seemed woefully inadequate against these ugly hulking brutes. It was a rare night at first when the pair didn't make camp without bruises and cuts to tend to.
They'd sit together around a fire they'd made and whilst tending each others injuries, they'd talk and laugh and joke about the day they'd had, spirit and will revived in each others company. Its how it was and how it would always be thought Robi.
It was fair to say she later thought, that neither of them would have had the will or desire to do the things they had if they hadn't had each other.
Owyn had duly reported in to his commanding officer and had discharged his duty, earning praise and commendations for his valour and gallantry. She for her part, despite her promises to Owyn about Ravenholdt and SI:7, had tagged along behind utilising her skills and gained intel and carried out the odd hit on a freelance basis for her former employers.
His punishment detail finished, Owyn was posted to The Borean Tundra, from the moment she set foot in the place she hated it and one glance at Owyn had told her he felt the same.
"Let's desert..." she huffed after killing the latest in a long line of spiders.
"Nerubians" corrected Owyn for the hundredth time.
"Look like spiders to me..." she retorted gruffly and had henceforth refused to acknowledge them as anything but "spiders"
Owyn ruffled her hair and laughed.
"Gerroff" she snapped and jerked her head away. "Lets get out of this Boring Tundra"
She chewed her lip thoughtfully, wondering why all of a sudden what she'd found an endearing affectionate trait of Owyns was now irritating her.
She shrugged it to the back of her mind, smiled up at him slightly apologetically and kissed his cheek.
She wasn't sorry to leave that place behind and she made a mental note never to set foot in the place again.
She had loved the stark beauty of Dragonblight and never ceased to be amazed at its diversity. From blisteringly cold snowscapes to verdant vallies, lush with exotic plants and dragons and of course Dalaran.
She'd never been so pleased to set foot in a city in her life even though the opulent marble architecture and immaculate residents made her painfully aware of her travel stained attire and battle weary demeanour, amplified intensely when the innkeeper at the plush hotel suggested she may be more comfortable in Cantrip and Crows, an inn the "underbelly" of the city.
"Cheeky bitch..." snarled Robi clenching and drawing back her fist "She means the sewers.."
Owyn grasped her fist in his palm and addressed her calmly.
"Now Now Robi, we are a little grubby, Im sure she didn't mean..."
"Didn't mean it..my ass" she raged "Get off Owyn Im gonna wipe that condescending smirk off her face once I extract her head from her arse...."
Owyn firmly turned her around and marched her out of the inn.
"I don't know whats got in to you Robi...your mouth at least at would be better suited to the sewers"
She sighed and slumped her shoulders and acknowledged he was right, she was out of sorts, tired and weary, oh so weary of fighting and killing.
Owyn draped an arm around her and guided her to the other inn, not the sewers, where they were made welcome, and after a long hot bath and a decent meal she started to feel more like herself.
She smiled at Owyn over the table before getting up and going to sit on his lap, he looked startled for a brief moment before wrapping his arms around her.
They sat a while laughing and whispering in low tones, occasionally stopping to kiss each other forgetting for the moment where they were. Everything it seemed was back to normal, just a nights sleep in a real bed with clean sheets and she'd be ready for anything again.
They'd spent a bit of time in Dalaran, Owyn was now knighted for his services and bravery in battle and was in constant demand to lead sorties into the battlegrounds. A duty he was glad to do.
"You should hire your blade and come along" he said
She shook her head, she'd been along a few times on various missions, but try as she might she couldnt warm to any of Owyns military friends, bigheads and braggarts to a man she thought remembering the mind rotting conversations on the missions.
They spoke in what she assumed to be a cliquey slang, using terms she'd never heard and had no clue what they meant.
What it meant in reality was that the pair saw less and less of each other, Owyn away on missions while she kicked her heels in Dalaran, beautiful city with a host of drop dead gorgeous Bloodelves in it but even this didnt stop her becoming increasingly bored.

Seeking out like minded people led her to join ranks with Essence of the Blade, a band of people like herself with no particular agenda, a home for the homeless and a family for social orphans. In their ranks she bloomed, found true friendship and comrades for life she became not just happy but truly content.
Yet within this cosy confine, this nest she had built for herself and which had opened new doors and introduced her to more and more people, would lie the catalyst that would change her life for good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Son of Zaoldyeck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of Zaoldyeck   Son of Zaoldyeck Empty

Back to top Go down

Son of Zaoldyeck
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Venture Co. RP Forum :: Active Roleplay - General :: The Storybook-
Jump to: