The Venture Co. RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venture Co. RP Forum

For the RP Community of The Venture Co.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Horde and Alliance alike, to the Venture Co. Forums! Please please please invite all of your guild mates and any other RPer's you find, even new blood that have just joined WoW.

[Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karinia
Karinia

[Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force Empty
PostSubject: [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force   [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:11 am

Well, I must say, I'm not a fan of recruitment posts and being an RP forum recruiting for a raiding force, but I guess this desolate section of the forum is for raiding.

I say raid force because when SoD formed back in WotLK we had a large portion of our raid force not wish to leave their guild but continue raiding. While guild perks have certainly drawn more to the guild itself, we do still have a few who prefer staying in their other guild. Nothing in raiding forces you to be in the same guild. Therefore this recruitment post isn't for the guild, though that option is always available, but also for the raiding force itself.

Anyone who has done RBGs with us knows the format of invites, it's all done on the calendar, including what the targets are for that night.

We raid 9 hours a week, that is 3 hours on Wednesday, Sunday and Monday though we don't do strict attendances. The times are 20:30-23:30 with a break in between. Note that is WoW time so times will be different in the UK or further east.

While we're not a hardcore raiding guild, we do insist upon proper specs and glyphs, correct enchants, gems and reforging, we tend to have alot of knowledgeable people about their class. Low level gear is something that can be changed, the attitude towards raiding can't be. In terms of the raiding environment, as Raid leader I will be the first to say I can get a bit uptight, however I'm beginning to mellow out more and more. Since a large portion of our team came from guilds such as Highborne and Essence of the Blade, we do expect people to speak properly, and the use of 'lol' is strictly banned under punishment of...something bad. Between pulls were are usually quite laid back.

We expect Ventrillo for raiding at the very least.

Anyway, the situation we find ourselves in at the moment is around 23-27 people per raid, which is slightly below what we would like. On Alliance side at least, we are the only 25 man raiding guild left, sitting at 5/13 atm, 3rd behind Nutz...which is quite disappointing. We've had our problems in this tier but we're looking forward to pushing forwards with 4.2 and the Firelands.

We're currently on the lookout for healers, but the most up to date list is below:

Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin
Ret Paladin
Protection Paladin (though a Prot Warrior would also do)
DPS DK
Rogue
Elemental Shaman

If you're interested or just want to chat about it, you can speak with myself (Marianna) or Furs, or indeed anyone else, who usually knows if we are around.

http://www.sanctuaryofdreams.com/
Back to top Go down
-Catari
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force   [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:05 am

Good luck with it. Trying to keep a 25 man raid group going is hard. Very hard. Those damn easy 10 mans has really ruined it for us.
Back to top Go down
Karinia
Karinia

PostSubject: Re: [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force   [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 am

It certainly is. There is something to be said for the dedication of your members when half the raid team, including the GM stop playing the game and yet through months of farming the same old stuff with less-than-ideal numbers, they stick with it.

For me, 25 man raiding gives off that sense of accomplishment more. When we killed LK on 10 back in the day our GM expressed his sadness that you can only share that euphoria of a first kill with whoever you didn't put on standby.

Raiding guilds on Alliance TVC are certainly dying. 6/13 HC is highest with the top two guilds dead in the water. And there is something to be said about having Nutz highest for Alliance...

Last edited by Marianna on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-Catari
-Catari

PostSubject: Re: [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force   [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Its good to see that Horde side finally took over raiding. We havent been on top since Classic. Now i think we have 3 guilds over the alliance best Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force   [Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force Empty

Back to top Go down

[Recruitment] Sanctuary of Dreams Raiding Force
Page 1 of 1